What's new

How much do you waste?

McDank8O5

i would say i put 30% give or take of a plants overall yield into the hash bowl.... most popcorn or buds with slight PM problems will be made into hash/edibiles/BHO/ISO etc...

bendoslendo

So I find myself now just clipping the colas off and everything else goes into the hash bag.

Fair enough, but...

...the trim and the shake are going in my compost pile.
...only the best and trash the rest.

Unacceptable if you are in a medical state! Even if your not, pounds of trim make ounces of hash oil!

Get someone to help you trim, pay them with the trim!

Ounces of hash oil!!!

G

guest 77721

I'm pretty close to 100% usage. I'll toss vegetative leaves away after trimming but keep all the harvested material except for stems.

I smoke/vape all the bud and sugar trim or make edibles. The leaves and low end stuff go into edibles for medicinal use, there's little rec value in the low end stuff. I've recently made iso extract from the leaves and blend with hemp oil (salad oil) to make a salve for arthritis which is really effective.

I have made hash but find it too harsh on my crappy lungs so all my trim will be going into medicine.

Apparently the roots can be made into medicine as well.

It's my belief that all parts of the plant have medicinal qualities. You just have to get old enough to need to use it. LOL

Canna-Eh-dian

I don't waste a thing, everything gets used minus the wood. I look for people who throw away this kind of stuff(makes me cry) and offer to buy their bags of garbage for making extractions with. Used to be easy to get until alot of folks figured out how easy it was to make some quality extractions from.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I try not to waste much. My growing methodology mostly produces top colas, so there isn't much popcorn to begin with. I only spend time on commercially viable product. The rest goes into a hash pile or in the tumbler.

Then, there are times when I'm looking for a new mom and find myself with a half dozen individuals I cannot do anything with, except to turn into concentrates and extracts. Really, I'd LOVE to give it away. If there was a way to do it safely, I could donate a bunch every month to help, but it's impossible. There's no safety net where I live. I've even looked into making contact with a sympathetic MD; it's just not safe.

Simon

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
ya! i dont have a gram of weed to smoke right now, so airy little popcorn would be nice......

I hear you, brother. I think we've all been there at one time or another. I don't think I'll ever forget snipping a few fan leaves a day and quick-drying them just to keep the edge off until harvest. Give it a couple of months and all will be well again. Best of luck.

Simon

love?

What I've sometimes done is after I've jarred all the good nugs, I pull my hand along the stalks that are left so that the popcorn buds that are on them come off. I then put those buds in a separate jar for later use it as filler material in joints if times are good or as my personal stash if times aren't quite as good.

HydroJen

Shit, my last harvest was so big, I just clipped off the tops, doused the place in gas and set the rest of the room on fire. Next month I'll just build another one

I'm interested in this method, may try it next cycle...

As much as I enjoy a selection of concentrates, I work to eliminate airy buds in the bottom of canopy by clipping every bud sight below the trellis at day 14 of flowering. Just like giant pumpkins at the state fair, the energy will be diverted to the better bud sites.
:blowbubbles:

HydroJen

...I mean, I waste everything that's not A bud.
By waste, I mean hash it, which is waste because it's not my original goal, even tho it still gets sold/gifted/Enjoyed.
Cali is a strange place...

Latest posts

Latest posts