What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much Cal Mag to use with R/O?

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Mikell, I believe you meant to say calcitic limestone or oyster shell, dolomite is lime. Just so folks aren't confused. My RO produces water that gives a reading of 0, whether the meters can accurately measure at that level is questionable, although that is with various meters. That is with a hydro logic unit, when I used specta pure the readings were around 20ppm. I find using a remineralizing ro unit is a much simpler choice and cheaper in the long run as opposed to bottled cal/mg. A great filter is the MineralPRO.

FireIn.TheSky

I took some tests last night, my stealth R/O with 4 month old filters and membrane was producing water with a whopping 170ppm, my water before treatment is about 930pp, so it was removing a great deal but still leaving behind a lot.

I am bleeding my new filtration system tonight, I will take some ppm's from the new water in a bit.