What's new

How many watts is "too many" in So Cal?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
in orange county you will definately get into shit for having pillows. state limits are only 8oz....alot of cops dont give a shit about a med card. they will still toss your car, look for cash, go through your cellphone, and give you a hard time. they are well aware that small and large dealers alike use prop215 as a cover for illegal black market business....

dont be another person who thinks its all legal and there are no consequences out here...true prop215 coverage only applies to users and very small time growers.

blackosprey

Thanks for the answer. So this pay to play seems like the way it is.

Also, can someone answer my question about asset forfeiture? Will my property/car really be seized over a 3k or 4k grow??

What if I am growing within state/county limits (6 mature plants less than 1#)???

What if I am breaking the laws, but not by much (10 mature plants hypothetically)???

What if 2 people in the house both have scripts, do I get to have 2x the number??

Can you really get fucked for having 2, 3, or 4 pillows out in So Cal?

Thanks boys.

To answer your questions,
Absolutely, your stuff can be taken.

Especially if you grow above set limits.

Yes, you get double the limit with double the scripts.

Yes, you can get totally fucked, no matter where you are. Have you ever heard of having a criminal record? That shit follows you around forever, and will affect your ability to land jobs, buy houses, leave the country, etc....

You mentioned that you went to college so that means you are a smart fellow. You should really rethink this whole idea of buying a condo and setting up a grow in it. I understand you plan to live there and build equity, but really, that is probably the second worst place to set up, with number one being in an apartment complex. You are just too close to people that you have no idea about. Think this through, and you will really see what a sketchy idea you have.

But to answer you original question, 3k should be a good limit.

Does your partner know you are going to grow there? Once he realises that if you get busted he loses his 20k plus whatever he has paid into the mortgage then he may get cold feet. You say in effect you trust him implicitly; famous last words for a lot of growers.
Better to rent and put the money paid on rent down as a cost of doing business.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I heard it was bad to grow in rented property. Because landlords are always coming in and out to show to potential buyers, etc.

It is the complete opposite. 4 years now grown in 4 different rented houses never remember what the landlord looked like on any of them and the feds can't confiscate the home. You do realize by moving your weight to another state you are making this a mandatory federal case right?

I would ditch your grow partner in a heart beat 4k watts is nothing by your self you can grow, chop it, trim it, and move it easily your self. You are slowing your self down and increasing your risk exponentially having him know about your grow.

also , if your house gets raided , both you AND your friend will be charged. this forces you to admit to the crime in order to set your friend free. This makes it much harder to get charges dropped.

Alright lots of good answers. I really appreciate all of this.

To answer a few questions... Am I aware that moving the bud to the midwest is a federal crime? Duh. Of course I am aware. But I go to school out here and all of my people are out here. If I can get 3500 for a pillow of mid grade outdoor which cost me 1500 to buy, then clearly I am going to have motivation to do it. 50% of nug out west leaves the state. Many other people are willing to play the game as well. I know I am not alone here.

But the thing is that I really am set on trying to get my funds put into something legal with some equity, i.e. house and car. Maybe a bank account or two. I know it is risky, but it is a trade off. You can forfeit the assets or not have the assets by renting it in the first place. Either way you have zero. My friend has a 80k a year job in banking so my goal is to make some of this money I have legitimate. For obvious reasons.

So if we both have scripts, then I can have 1# of dried bud, and 12 mature plants? DAMN. That is a lot. Plenty to work with. I also have a question that my creative stoner mind has been thinking about lately. If the law is 1# processed... Can't I technically harvest a plant say, every week or two if I put them on staggered schedules and that way I won't be harvesting 12 plants at one time with 10#s dried? I feel like this is an obvious way to beat the system. If you can only have 1# dried, harvest at staggered times so you don't have a huge harvest at once...?? But anyway. Like I said, you guys really think a 3Kw grow will get my house forfeited and what not? You guys are telling me it is stupid to grow in a condo and stupid to grow in an apartment... Well what else are my options?! I cannot afford a 600k house in orange county so that I can get myself property. This is the BEST i can do. I am working with it.

And by the way, I know there are still risks involved and that it isn't all fun and games. I am not one of those idiots who thinks I will get rich quick from a few grows. OC is conservative and there are still some hard asses, yadda yadda, I am informed! The same friend who I am trying to split the condo with currently lives in Tustin, OC. I know my plan has setbacks, but it is clearly a decent start.

Are condos really that difficult to grow in? A 3 bedroom 1300 square foot has plenty of space, and it is NOTHING like an apartment where my door goes out to a hallway shared with other people. Condos share some walls with neighbors, but it is not like my AC unit will be connected with others so I will stink up other places. People seem to be shitting their pants over growing in condos. A 3Kw grow in a spare bedroom with some good carbon scrubbing to kill the smell... Is this really so difficult to do?

airplane

use CFL's cost about $30.00 for a 400watt that uses 105 watt of power and no heat issues and low cost operation

HashPlate

I'd look into growing else where.... Its not about being a downer.. but looking at the big picture. What good is equity if your in jail for trafficking marijuana.. Thats a big risk you take there.

Not you but if I was, n I had that money to invest. I'd invest in land.. property... farm my land as we are intended to do.. I grow in a townhome right now. (rented) cause I HAD TOO but believe you me if I had 20k.. Shiiiit boy.. So cal aint that great.. n i'm sure you get alil more out east.. shit gets cheaper..

T

TribalSeeds

Alright lots of good answers. I really appreciate all of this.

To answer a few questions... Am I aware that moving the bud to the midwest is a federal crime? Duh. Of course I am aware. But I go to school out here and all of my people are out here. If I can get 3500 for a pillow of mid grade outdoor which cost me 1500 to buy, then clearly I am going to have motivation to do it. 50% of nug out west leaves the state. Many other people are willing to play the game as well. I know I am not alone here.

If you plan on growing I suggest you leave this to someone else.

HashPlate

Plus you say its plenty of room..

In my mind.. a condo with 2 dudes living in it with a 3k grow.. seems packed n uncomfortable...
N it seems silly for you to try to be legal in some ways.. but then turn around and traffic the marijuana you are legally growing.. but meh.. I'm just me..

Next time you want wattage advise search the average wattage usage of a household.. that would give you a good idea.. but as long as you pay n arent burning shit down.. You'll be ok..

shmalphy

Veteran
Sounds like you want to be "legal" by having a card, but intend to break all other laws by producing commercial amounts and trafficking it to the black market in a non med state, and you want us to tell you it will be OK? To quote the movie Vegas vacation , "why don't you just give me half of the money you were going to gamble, I'll take you out back and kick you in the nuts and we'll call it a night?"

Call a doctor that issues cards and ask how many lights a med patient is allowed to run, and sell what you grow to a club if you want to be legal, by state laws at least. If you plan to break any laws, don't come on here and ask for an endorsement or advice on how to do so and avoid detection.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
quick question I'm surprised I didn't ask.

if you're already in the midwest, have friends there and plan on 'helping them out' once your efforts come to fruition.

Why are you moving in the first place?

if your answer is "to be 'legal'" you should stop dead in your tracks and seriously research the laws and ACTUAL cases, not just fantasy land "but I can have pounds!" type stuff.

the best growers out here don't go around wearing "I grow dank" t shirts. They treat it like its 15 years ago and illegal.

the ONLY people that can legitimately fall back on their MMJ defense are VERY small time growers, less than the whole room you're planning on blowin out. You might get pulled over for rolling a stop and have an eighth, then you'll get off without anything, but the grow itself? nofuckingway.

Can't I technically harvest a plant say, every week or two if I put them on staggered schedules and that way I won't be harvesting 12 plants at one time with 10#s dried? I feel like this is an obvious way to beat the system. If you can only have 1# dried, harvest at staggered times so you don't have a huge harvest at once...??

see this is a statement that makes the people that have been growing in CA for over a decade (there have been multiple people with those 'creds' posting in this thread) tell you to SERIOUSLY re think your plan.

if you know how the game works out here you'd know that it doesnt matter if you JUST cut it and its soaking wet on your trim table, it still 'harvested product' in leo's eye. (they'll weigh the jar and count that too, at least till you/your lawyer files a motion for it to be reweighed sans jars, by that time you're already fucked)

if you meant it as, chop it, quick dry for a week and ship mersh out east before your next chop, well then idk why you wanna grow in the first place as the quality would be abysmal, might as well just be a broker/shipper if you want to take all those risks for mersh.

I know you probably think I'm attacking you or something but this is just a terrible idea man. You would have less risk by just staying where its going to end up and running a tight ship with NO partners.

quick question I saw yesprop215 ask but didnt see ya answer.

Whats the most lights you've run so far? and do you plan on having a social life at this house? (who wouldn't in OC in the summer right?)

I'd look into growing else where.... Its not about being a downer.. but looking at the big picture. What good is equity if your in jail for trafficking marijuana.. Thats a big risk you take there.

Not you but if I was, n I had that money to invest. I'd invest in land.. property... farm my land as we are intended to do.. I grow in a townhome right now. (rented) cause I HAD TOO but believe you me if I had 20k.. Shiiiit boy.. So cal aint that great.. n i'm sure you get alil more out east.. shit gets cheaper..

I want to live in California. I love the weather and I also plan on getting involved in the music industry. But that is ANOTHER discussion. Because I know some prick is gonna come on this thread saying "Don't come here the music industry is too competitive!" Yadda yadda. You are right that equity is not good if you are in jail... but that is if you are in jail... What good is your money when you throw it away on rent? It's the same fuckin thing. The money is gone.

And I already made it clear that I CAN'T AFFORD PROPERTY! Everyone wants 2 or 3 acres of land who the hell wouldn't, but that's not happening in Orange County or LA on my budget. We need to be realistic here. Everyone wants a farm. I am just trying to have a realistic conversation here.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
haha man this keeps getting better and better....now hes going from "just a small personal grow" to trafficking it out of state...

your friend sounds pretty stupid for partnering up with a growing drug dealer...if he has a legit job that makes 80k a year he can just get financed on his own property, instead of risking his livelihood getting caught up in felony distribution...

you do realize orange county is one of the strictest in california, thats steven cooleys backyard!! if you were living in oakland or chico you could pull this shit off because everyone does it....but orange county will definately have time to prosecute this...and you do realize that the largest concentration of federal agents and postal inspectors is in southern california too!!

your plan sounds terrible, you have multiple people here telling you to rethink things...but like all the other outta towners who think cali is gona be their dreamland fuck it...come out here, fuck things up, and learn from them...

good luck..

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
haha man this keeps getting better and better....now hes going from "just a small personal grow" to trafficking it out of state...

your friend sounds pretty stupid for partnering up with a growing drug dealer...if he has a legit job that makes 80k a year he can just get financed on his own property, instead of risking his livelihood getting caught up in felony distribution...

you do realize orange county is one of the strictest in california, thats steven cooleys backyard!! if you were living in oakland or chico you could pull this shit off because everyone does it....but orange county will definately have time to prosecute this...and you do realize that the largest concentration of federal agents and postal inspectors is in southern california too!!

your plan sounds terrible, you have multiple people here telling you to rethink things...but like all the other outta towners who think cali is gona be their dreamland fuck it...come out here, fuck things up, and learn from them...

good luck..

SHIT!! We ALL need former growers, turned trimming bums!! Plenty around and plenty to pick and choose from, its NOT a gold rush here...

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Best advise on here hands down! you beat me to it!
trust me bud you don't want to lose your friend I've lost too many.
don't partner up in a grow with 20k i know an area and I have a plan for you just PM me here in Cali!
you have 20k and you're buying a place to grow in? why? IF anything were to happen, bye bye house.

rent a condo/house with your 20k and do it yourself, trust me you'll be VERY thankful a year or three down the line.

instead of doing an 8k with a partner, do a 4k by yourself (I know you said 3k, one person can run a 3k easy). I have NEVER had a grow partner that I didn't regret. I absolutely understand some people here have amazing relationships with their growbros, but for every success story, there are 10 "my partner ripped me off/killed my plants/showed his girlfriend!" threads.

I have had lifelong friends that I had a great relationship with,.... until we started growing together... now we never talk or hang out and I WANT it that way.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
theres nothing wrong with wanting to grow herb, sell packs, send em home..fuck it everyone does it..

1. but not in orange fucking county...

2. and not partnered up with a banker with a legit job...

seriously, you got 20k...you got way better options.

dont get caught up in the whole mortgage thing....i wanted to buy a house, but rented the first year, damn glad i did because we got tired of that spot real quick...after renting the first year i had more money to invest in a better property...

property is a 15-30 year committment...and im actually regretting one of my purchases because i wish i waited and bought somewhere else....

why does it have to be OC??...of all the places in california you decided to pick the district with most anti-pot district attorney...

Latest posts

Latest posts