How Many People are reciving SSDI

• YES

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • NO

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sh1wn

I am in oregon and on the OMMP and SSDI and they don't care because i'm registered and its not a felony. I don't want someone to avoid getting on the program because it may screw up there SSDI.
Oh and I also got on SSDI first try but I think things move faster when you break your neck and can't move from the neck down.

qdavid

Like I said do what you want. But cultivation IS a federal felony, no matter where you are. The risk kinda depends on what state you're in. But most people aren't in OR or CA. Some people might actually live in the "dirty south".

rogerw

Glad to see you got it. I have been getting it since 94. So 16 yrs? and 6 surgeries ? The 1 thing that still sort of pisses me is some douche bag saying wow that must be nice. Enjoy and keep pain free.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
makes a big differance if your in a med state. Im not on any list for MMJ ca does not require you to do this. Oregon does I was a card holder there but was not on SSDI. I think the majoraty of people do not get on the list that have SSDI for the resone stated. Like you I would just grow off the grid.

K

kannubis

just a bit of a warning on the federal tax side
you will get issued a 1099 that includes a work comp offset amount, the $$ paid to the attorney, and the amounts (broken out as applied to the calendar years the backpay was allocated) since you applied

in 2009, my wife was finally awarded her benefits that were originally filed for in 2004, and they do hold it against you on federal taxes

a net payout of $22k will set you up for owing taxes if you don't have your deductions in a row because its based on about $10k higher than that

@QDAVID - go back at the VA and do whatever you need to do to get your disability(maybe add in PTSD if its not there yet?) rating bumped up to the magic 35% - I have been told it makes a world of difference. The VA has changed its stance on using MMJ for PTSD, so it might be a useful thing to get added in.

I am not drawing SSDI, but have seen the outcome of my wife's 5.5 year battle, and the money received don't come close to the costs of getting it and living with the constant pain.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Like I said do what you want. But cultivation IS a federal felony, no matter where you are. The risk kinda depends on what state you're in. But most people aren't in OR or CA. Some people might actually live in the "dirty south".

I just read 1 in 8 Americans lives in California, we certainly have more than our fair share!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya im sure I will have taxes mine is 27K in back pay minus 6k for the lawyer. I going to have 15% taken out for taxes.