What's new

How many of you have stopped buying BP gas?

How many of you have stopped buying BP gas?

• Yes, I won't purchase any more gas from them, as a matter of principle.

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No, what this mistake says about the company, and spill consequences don't warrant that.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I try not to, but will pump there only if I can't find another station before running out of gas!

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Don't use gas, have written letters to producers of plastic to ensure raw mat'ls don't come from BP

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I never buy BP gas anyway. If I try to save pennies and fill up at the AmPm, my car seems to not run as well. But if I was in a pinch and had no where else to go, I would purchase BP if needed. The Gulf situation is fucked, yes, but running out of gas and pushing the cocksucker sucks too. Not that the two situations are comparable, but you catch my drift.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
I'm interested:
It seems like a lot of you guys, paraticularly Pythaglio, think BP gas is low quality. Why is this?

MeanBean

I am staying away from Bp, there slimy. They pay bottom dollar to these third party co's to drill the oil. then when something goes wrong they point the finger at a company that has no mean to clean up a spill..

Classic case if you ask me. Why does bp third party out there Oil Drillers??? cause they don't want to pay for real employees and equipment. Just let some asshole pump it for cheap and walk behind the curtain when it fails...

F u BP your killing the planet with your greed. build you own drilling facilities and take responsibility for your actions, that's what us Adults do.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
I can tell the difference when I put in ethanol treated gas in my vehicle. Shell still sells pure gasoline. If you rate it by BTUs pure gas is actually cheaper even if it's a couple of cents more per gallon. So it's not particularly BP gas, any station that sells ethanol 'enhanced' (degraded would be more accurate) gasoline gets passed by if I need gas. It's also the price, since the ethanol degraded gasoline is actually more expensive.

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
When I was 18 and reckless I got a gas credit card through BP for $200, never paid that shit back. So in reality, I'm like a trend setter of sorts. :)

well hate to say this, but my stang only runs on BP 93 or it idles funny and dies ive tried speedway gas with oct booster and speedway gass with turbo blue added to it and still a no go makes my car idle funny and sometimes fall on its face when i nail it .......but ive been trying to stay out of the car due to its bullshit bp is ruining our oceans and wildlife but its hard being 85 outside and having a 600hp forced fed SVT 03 cobra that has to have bp 93 due to cams heads exhaust headers intake ect ect aftermarket parts (or i would be good to go on any companies gas 87 oct) where i live if u test the gas u will find bp is only ones who dont water down the gas or have tanks underground that leak water before getting into the pump and into your gas tank
(if ur wondering i race 1/4mile and testing gas is important) different octanes for different purposes but lowest it gets for me is 93 oct. bp 93 :( speedway or marathon gas which both suck )and have tons of water in them reguadless which station u use ... to the everyday stock car this isnt important but to someone like me with a car thats forced fed very important in order to make it run right just for everyday driving use

ps: i only use marathon for turbo blue

and for the record BP gas is not low quality ask a vette or mustang GT cobra saleen camaro SS or anyone who races 1/4mile what gas best runs modded or performance cars and what pump gas does best on a dyno they all will tell ya BP 93 all the way ...due to its more pure and less additives and burns cleaner and hotter also which means more power anyway fuck some bp hope obama sticks it in their asses when it comes time w/o lube

Latest posts

Latest posts