What's new

How Many Hours of Unfiltered Sunlight Do You Get a Day?

How Many Hours of Unfiltered Sunlight Do You Get a Day?

• Barely any at all...

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • 30 Minutes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • 1 hour

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 1.5 hours

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 2+ hours

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

lifetime

i use to work in a big box store in the garden department and i was outside for like 8 hours a day, and trust me by the end of the day i was not happy i was pissed off. that job made me pissed off for like a year and a half.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Indicad2006 said:
I'm reading and researching into the health benefits of the sun. Supposedly Americans spend 4% of their time OUTSIDE...which I found amazing.

I noticed that my entire life seemed to get better, when I was working a job where I was outside for at least a few hours a day, or when I was doing alot of gardening. Lightness, combined with proper darkness at night, has amazing beneficial effects.

I just designed an outdoor living space in my patio with plants and places to sit. So now I'm using my laptop outside, hoping to get the benefits of the full spectrum sun all around me.

How many hours of light do you get a day?

Edit: What I mean by unfiltered, is not getting sunlight through a window. Windows block UV light, which is beneficial to the body. Also unfiltered means without sunglasses, contacts, or glasses, as these can also block the light going into your eyes..

It seems like you assume that the fact that you feel better after working outside is because of sunlight. It may be, or maybe not.

In spite of UV-B, which is incontestably bad for all living organisms, sunlight do have a few positive effects, such as production of vitamine D in the skin. The outdoor condition, in combination with good weather and a not too strong sun, also have a psychologically positive influence that should be concidered. Many people in temperate zones feel depressed in the winter time, during long dark hours, and much better when spring arrives.

Many people feel 'cramped up' indoors. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're claustrophobic, but simply that they enjoy the space and width you get in the big outdoors.
Which is why people go hiking in the mountains, or sailing on the oceans.

Concider also that the work you were doing outdoor was physical work. Physical exercise is vital to your health and well-being. You feel much better from it (even though most people shun it), as your body gain in strenght.

kryptron

due to my grow I have to have my window completely shaded so nobody can see in... the resulting lack of light really fucks up my sleep schedule. It kinda sucks.

wordtree

You guys can have the sun here...at 1-4pm you can't really go outside in the summer. Bike rides to the beach are no longer possible. You melt.

marx2k

Veteran
Boxy Brown said:
be prepared to have melanoma later in life

Fig-1-Melanoma-Back.jpg

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN NASTY

Dude WTF.. thats what I dont get about medical photos... obviously these are like worst case scnarios but how the fuck do you go that long without getting that kind of shit checked out???!?!??!

Latest posts

Latest posts