What's new

HOW MANY DO YOU REMEMBER???????

fatboyOGOF

i scored a 21. but i only know about the washer ringer thing because my grandmother had one.

beanie and cecil and Butch wax. :)

I2KanGrow

Anyone remember Click-Clacks? Man, I had these rings of bruises around my arms from them puppies!

I lived on a highway growing-up, I became expert @ laying on the ground, shooting peas at the car's hubcaps as they drove by @ 35MPH. Made a very satisfying "ting" sound... now it would be the "clunk" of plastic wheel covers!

Don't you really miss toys that you could get hurt with???
- I think our kids are really missing something!

Oh, PS - Older than dirt!!

Last edited:
G

GanjaLord said:
I think what's sad is...I miss most of those things.......

Exactly. But not the 2 transistor Bakelite FM radio or the plate-steel dahsboard of the Edsel that dad kept slammin me into with his brakes - great fun. Only car I ever rode in that had a dealer-installed bar and knuckle knob. :pointlaug

I do miss the days before Freeways tho..................but not the solid rubber tires. :yoinks:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Bipedal and 70's Pothead, don't think you are alone in remembering all 26. I got my first nooky at a drive-in. Does anyone remember the old refrigerators that had a round ball on the top, where the motor was. My mom, who is 80, still has a 1924 G.E. refrigerator.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Nugs of science, when I was in college, a computor was the size of a small room. You had to fill out punch cards and give them to a snotty-ass T.A. who wouldn't let you touch HIS computor. The T.I. 994a and Commodore computors came out about 10 years later. We didn't get a t.v. until 1954, when I was 10. Before that I just had to play with myself(And I did!).

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
I2KanGrow said:
Anyone remember Click-Clacks? Man, I had these rings of bruises around my arms from them puppies!

I lived on a highway growing-up, I became expert @ laying on the ground, shooting peas at the car's hubcaps as they drove by @ 35MPH. Made a very satisfying "ting" sound... now it would be the "clunk" of plastic wheel covers!

Holy shit, boy did I ever kick the shit out of my self with those dam balls, lol

oh and my younger brother got clunked with those a few times,
by accedent of course.

G

I think this is a great thread:

Being from the UK, (where some things were re-labelled)

As a youth I can remember in the mid 50' cycling a few miles to the CoCa-Cola; Miidland depot..... and playing table tennis, in their social club, on their solitary, unused table.

And once on the way back home. ( I took a minor shortcut in/on a traffic free road)
I cycled around the wrong side of a bollard!!

Out jumped the Officer of the Law. (A lad bout' five years more than me)
and expressed this authority.

Great days then.... when we believed..........

gringle/AKA. fenwalker.

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Hey who remembers those little red pills they used to give you in school and the dentist office.
You had to chew them and the red spots on your teeth told you were you missed brushing?

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I2KanGrow said:

I remember getting these for free at Shakey's Pizza with a large pie. Man those were the days. if I was to give a set to MY child she would simply ask where do the batteries go or where does it plug in at?

Mr.Wags

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Hydrofome420 said:
Hey who remembers those little red pills they used to give you in school and the dentist office.
You had to chew them and the red spots on your teeth told you were you missed brushing?

Those are still around. :D

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Remember when it was "cool" to smoke cigs? People smoked at movie theatres, on airplanes, anywhere they wanted to in restaurants.........

Last edited:

badboyg

crap... ok I will fess up// I remmber all that,,, never got cigs, but remember gas .25 / gal.. (ok I was not driving, was for my mower, HEHE)

you know as nice it is to re-live this stuff.. makes you think... how far BACK we have gone,.. you know,.., it was better then (well some what)

what ever happend to being able to desicde what you thought was a good toy or what not.. not some politcal correct prick//////

Last edited:
G

Anyone remember these? Used to love that shit!
candy.gif

Latest posts

Latest posts