What's new

HOW MANY CHILDREN NEED TO DIE BEFORE GUN LAWS CHANGE IN THE USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose eater

have there been any more since then? i've not heard. lots of "ghost guns" in the news, nobody that went through the process.
The criteria in that statement from about 40 years ago was specific to 1968 NFA compliant properly registered class III selective fire weaponry. Don't know about since then.

Unregistered/illegally converted/stolen class IIIs are likely another story altogether.

And the May 19, 1986 restrictions curbed the number of legal selective-fire guns that would've otherwise been on the market, eventually upping the price about 7-10 years after May 19, 1986; one of the slowest market-impacts from a prohibition/restriction I've witnessed, by the way.

Last edited:

moose eater

Gun Control Act of 1968 still in the future. while most companies did it anyway, guns were not required to have serial numbers until then. Minute Market near me sold .22 LR ammo loose in a bowl by the register.
The 1968 NFA was a more pointed restriction or defining. There were other requirements taking hold about 1937 and after, which came after the end of ther more raucous Prohibition-era violence involving full-auto weapons. But there were restrictions taking hold well before 1968.

I have an antique Remington Model 33 .22 single-shot bolt-action rifle here, circa 1935, with no factory numbers on it. I believe my (probably antique) Canadian-made Winchester .22 rifle, branded as a 'Cooey', a bolt-action repeater, tube-fed, has numbers on it.

Last edited:

moose eater

People won't buy guns if they feel safe.
Do the paranoid, and those who are wilfully led by their noses by media that's meant to keep them 'vigilant' (regardless of falling crime rates), ever feel safe? Sales based on neuroses, weird weapons fetishes and gullibility to marketing of fear, as far as I can tell.

moose eater

They see a fly moving in the living room they take out thé assault rifle 😂
Admittedly, when I was 17 or 18, I once found a field mouse in a grain bucket in the barn on the farm, and shot it with the single-shot H&R shotgun, mostly due to not wanting to crush it with my shoe. Earned the title, "Great White Hunter" in that scenario.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
It's rather the opposite ,it's because almost no one has a weapon that we feel reassured !
all well and good until a couple of good ol' boys break in. a firearm makes things that go bump in the night a lot less stressful. "when seconds count, the police are 15 minutes away...IF your phone works and they aren't busy eating doughnuts. then it might be an hour or so"

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Sales based on neuroses, weird weapons fetishes
there is a LOT to that! every hot new action movie introduces a new model pistol, rifle, assault weapon, something. a buddy got tired of his two semi-auto Thompsons and bought a flame thrower! nobody needs a flipping flame thrower...well, i do, actually. i've got some rockpiles covered in English & poison ivy. nothing else kills it, i'm gonna try immolation...:whistling:

Have you ever Heard talking of the spyrit of chivalry ,you know like Guts in Berserk,or Kenshiro ?
Loyalty,courage and honor are what differentiate a lion from a rat ,but if is above all a question of éducation !

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
all well and good until a couple of good ol' boys break in. a firearm makes things that go bump in the night a lot less stressful. "when seconds count, the police are 15 minutes away...IF your phone works and they aren't busy eating doughnuts. then it might be an hour or so"
I have only had one time in my life I could have used a gun. My home was invaded about 15 years ago. I'm not positive if owning a gun would have prevented it. But after having several years to think about it I'm sure owning a gun would have made it a life changing experience and not necessarily in a good way. I did have a loaner gun within hours and I think it is probably good to have not for sure known who to blame.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
a gun is a tool. it's kind of like buying insurance. you are better off having it and not needing it rather than the opposite.
I went with crazy dogs. Not a gun but more fun to hang out with.
20220504_110344.jpg
20221205_071425.jpg
20230210_101417.jpg

Maybe since i don't know your country i am next to my sneakers and that Indeed it's like living in mad max but i'm convinced that by getting out of a paranoïd vision voluntarily maintained by leaders ,that by disarming the population and by educating the new génération to non violence with also a new cultural model no longer pronouncing violence to excess then the police and justice if it did its part of the job would allow your country to change into better ,we call it a Law society ,a civilized society .

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Here in Massachusetts near Boston you like can't have a gun..
The local chief of police has to like personally okay you. What if you hate police? What if you're black?
You also need a safety class ($100) and FID card. Fuck all that. Even for just a shotgun from Walmart.
At least the area has legal marijuana and there's lots of stuff to do. Maybe I will never be able to have a gun ☹️

We cannot decide with a magic wand to change a society ,but if everyone on their own scale strives to contribute to change and to invite as many people as possible ,then everything become possible ,we can impact society by good or bad ,the more badly we impact it, the more bad it will become and the reverse is just as true ,there nothing immutable if we believe it ,sometimes when we think that the sky can only change darken we regain hope so easily,all it takes is a hand on the shoulder ,it's like the words of "Hey Jude" of the Beatles .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts