What's new

How many CFM's to Ventilate/Cool My Hoods?

baet

gdbud- nice illustration! makes sense now, i watched a video on dampers too, so i think i got the hang of it thanks to you.
\
milehighmedical-got you. yeah, i'll be getting a vortex 6-inch which is 440, high output.

dtfsux-ok. yeah i'll see what happens, i appreciate your input.

have any of you guys worked with light movers??

a mover that can run my light 4' back and forth sounds like it could be as efficient as two lights but with half the cost of electricity...

any thoughts?

dtfsux

I do not think I would move 4'. I never used a light mover but have read several threads on it and it seems like the yield goes down the further you move the light. A 4x8 table would normally take 2 1000's. If you used 1 1000 moving that would not be as good as 2 1000's stationary, but probably better than just one stationary light. But 2 1000's on a mover that moved 1-2' would be better than the stationary lights

baet

dtfsux-ok, yeah a friend of mine recommended the light mover when i was talking to him about my awkward indoor space that is long enough, but just barely too narrow to have walking space beside the plants. i just measured and the width of the room is really closer to 4.5', which isn't the reason why i was considering a light mover or why he recommended, light mover would just save money.

but yeah i think i'd rather have two lights stationary, especially in a space that is perfect length for 2 1000w lights.

and it might get tricky to set up ducting for air cooled hoods if the hood is moving 4'

stationary is just simpler for me, and i like to keep it simple as possible right now. maybe eventually i'll do DWC or flood tables, Co2 etc..

i'm still considering coco, but i'll probably just do happy frog or promix