What's new

How Low can Indoor prices go?

2 Legal Co

Veteran
If it were legal to sell it (without thousands of $s in licensing), it might be a good income for some of us old retirees. lol

Hate the idea of 'filtered' sunlight, however. So for the moment I'll just use it myself, and maybe 'gift' some to friends.

Don't think I'd ever want to try to 'run' a large # of plants however.... too much like work @ harvest time. :biggrin:

B

BasementGrower

I'm currently not in a legal state. I'll never let my packs go for less than 4 here. In med states it's totally different. Most own sense of fairness dictates this as much as market trends. I'd currently be facing a nickel in prisons with dangerous reputations for my grow should shit go South. Given this risk, 4K is more than fair for the best of the best.

Don't like it? Put your ass on the line and get to growing. It's not just my time and energy at stake here, it's also my sweet virgin anus...

ya ill give up growing if it goes below 2800 a lb of topshelf indoor.. PERIOD .. ill grow in greenhouses and outdoor instead ..

but thats the thing people dont get.. ya u mite get a cheaper product.. but ur smoking a bunch of bug shit. or pesticide/fungicide.. or other garbage. i -prefer indoor allday.. the last time i got good outdoors.. i had to grow my own!

B

BasementGrower

GROWERS need to UNITE and make sure we have a guidlines for prices.. low quality to Top Shelf needs a set amount to be sold at or around. if not. the ggrowers will be making less money and take more risk and work for a crap price.. while the middlemen make a killing!? fuck that if anyone cares about bud and they understand what goes into growin good weed.. thn they shouldnt let there product go for so cheap .. .. i like to think.. the more people u deal with that are older then 21.. and are actual CANNABIS LITERATE.. should be able to tell Good Indoor vs Bad Indoor. or if they arent stupid. u should be able to tell if some1 is selling Sour D .. or watered down bagseed Sour D.

mowood3479

Veteran
ya, hopefully no lower than 4.. in illegal areas... but im not optimistic.. i just saw one guy unloading mediocre in's he did for 32 just to be rid of it.. granted it wasnt trimmed well and didnt look the best but still thats crazy low for out here..

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Properly been stated, but down low to maybe 1 dollar approximately, pr. gr. or even lower.

Last edited:

Alien_Dawg

California has retail $55.00 a oz kush.. Even cheaper by the HP..Tons of mid grades $100 a zip... Markets still flooded... There's been $70 zips for months..

Mud Boy

As an underground grower in a med state, I'm down to $2800 for indoor top shelf. If I wanted to be the retailer (which I don't) I could make $3200. Prices are actually up a little from a few years ago after the med law passed and everybody and his brother started growing. Lots of people found out that it's not as easy as they thought. After about a year and a half, Craigslist was packed with grow equipment. I made out like a bandit.:biggrin:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
As an underground grower in a med state, I'm down to $2800 for indoor top shelf. If I wanted to be the retailer (which I don't) I could make $3200. Prices are actually up a little from a few years ago after the med law passed and everybody and his brother started growing. Lots of people found out that it's not as easy as they thought. After about a year and a half, Craigslist was packed with grow equipment. I made out like a bandit.:biggrin:

Hoping for the same here in Colo., a few items of equipment I wouldn't mind picking up for cheap. :tiphat:

Jbomber79

Veteran
I picked up a sick setup for waayyy to cheap in cali..like mud said it isn't as easy as one would like to think.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
The biggest problem I've had and seen, is avoiding the tendency to 'love them to death'.

That and it ties you down too much. Like being married to them. lol

SKUNK420

low enough that only the people stealing power or the outdoor growers or the cartels can make money growing.

G

GrowsOnTrees

prices in BC right now are like 1200-1500 an elbow.

its kinda not worth it now for the big guys...

all about the boutique market up here now... apples to oranges but just throwing it out there...

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Mediocrity will always begot the lowest price. The reward of the high ticket will always go to anything BUT MEDIOCRITY! I know...and I am still north of $3k in this fucked up Soooo Cali marketplace.

Think: aromas, flavor, potency & beauty contest. The smokereport MUST have at a minimum: beginning, middle and an end. The herb/smoke must introduce itself to the user nicely, without harshness or distaste (beginning), it must linger and present sometype of complexity/flavor/effectiveness (middle), and it must leave the user satiated with a desire for more (this is the end....beautiful friend....this is the end....my only friend.....the end of our elaborate plans....the end....) (sorry for the Jim Morrison detour). Lacking any of those three basic components...then expect and accept a lower price. Just saying.

Of course having last years genetics...will not help at all. Got to have those powerful sought after genetics--now, not next year, or a year hence. By the time some of you slow pokes catch up...growers like me have booted our "old genetics" to the bargain bin and moved on.

Sorry if this sound brutal, but it is how it is.

Cheers!

Jbomber79

Veteran
Tis the way it is I suppose ^^^ your right just like every market if you want to be cutting edge you have to keep going forward..