What's new

how long to tune in your growspace?

left hemi

I'm 2 months into my first grow, 1 month into a 1000w hps on. I'm still struggling with temps and humidity (the former too high, the latter too low)

G

IMHO humidity can never be too low. I've found that low humidity creates stickier buds..........

If your having temp problems build a cooltube for your 1000w monster and kiss your heat problems goodbye.

left hemi

hmmm

hmmm

my humidity is 19% basically constantly, maybe 25 if the environmental humidity is high. I was told this is bad. I'd need to vent the cooltube out of my growspace, correct?

G

yeah a cool tub takes outside air over the bulb through a glass tun and vents it outside. You can make it where it is sealed so no need to make any odors since it never mixed with the inside temps in a cabinet.

There is a large GrowFaq's on it at OVERGROW

G

The cool tubes work great for exhaust and heat removal.

I did mine a little different. I draw all the way through my cabinet then through the cool tube and exhaust at the rear. My cool tube has only one end connected to 6" flex and the other end is open and I cut 2" holes around the open flang end.

649CIMG0006.JPG

I hold temps. at 88 with lights on and basically ambient 60-65 with lights off. I run my lights only at night so I do not have to fight the suns radiant heat at the same time.

I do however mix the air because it is my exhaust fan also. I used a 440cfm canister fan. It would be better to have a sealed cool tube light system but you would need additional exhaust to pull fresh air into your grow area.

If given the choice I would try and seal the light system and have an additional exhaust fan but, I was working in a confined space.

I also do not how much the lights rays are impacted by the lense itself. It's some pretty thick stuff. In hindsite I might have tried to open up the tube on the bottom under the light so the light is direct on the plants without glass between.

I ported the whole system so the exhaust is intergral to both sides. I mounted the canister fan inside the box also to help with the stealth aspect of the box. The box sets in my garage with no a/c yet, it's still not to hot but it will be I'm in Texas.

I guess your original question was how long to tune? I don't think it will ever be perfect but it is working damn good. Took me about 3 to 4 months to get this particular box tweaked the way I like it.

Texas Kid

Last edited:

Flowerman

I like my humidity for vegging right around 45, and for flowering, 35. Though it does fluctuate by 10 when a storm is coming.

Latest posts

Latest posts