What's new

How long till we reclassify Cannabis?

How long till we reclassify Cannabis?

• Total voters
D

DryAndHigh

AndreNicky said:
I agree 100%, only way i see marijuana becoming legal is if there is a major revolution

+1 to this and greenburrow's post.

People are in for a rude awakening if they think that Obama is going to do a thing about MJ, especially in his first four years. Look at who he's surrounding himself w/ for why - nothing will change w/ marijuana (let alone anything else).

the sad thing is, you know he still smokes. oh well here's to hope :joint:

KillerSmoke

After I chose 3-6 years, I noticed everyone else has an evenly diverse opinion of how long it will take. In all honesty, I am not sure of the legality of reclassification. Does the president introduce the bill and the House has to sign it? Or vice versa? I think decriminalization is something that will occur within 10+ years, but classification? We have been getting screwed for a long time, and that's how the government would like to keep it. But who is reforming the laws? The people. I feel unless a major event occur, such as prohibition, to accelerate the cause, then all stoners must play the smoke n' wait game. With organizations like Norml it helps make it easier for everyone to take part in a radical cause to change history. And this is big. Just like propaganda, if young marijuana enthusiasts help take part in this reformation at such an early age, not only would this drastically accelerate the movement, it would help change society for the better.

Stay green,

KS

G

KillerSmoke said:
In all honesty, I am not sure of the legality of reclassification. Does the president introduce the bill and the House has to sign it? Or vice versa?
None of the above.

The Department of Justice has a lot to do with the rescheduling process.

Every person in the DOJ works for the president. This includes the division of the DOJ that is the DEA.

Currently the DOJ has transferred their regulation of the scheduling process to their child agency the DEA.

It's all bureaucracy. Nothing involving a vote of congress. It can be started in seconds by a single order from president Obama.

KillerSmoke

peanutbutter said:
None of the above.

The Department of Justice has a lot to do with the rescheduling process.

Every person in the DOJ works for the president. This includes the division of the DOJ that is the DEA.

Currently the DOJ has transferred their regulation of the scheduling process to their child agency the DEA.

It's all bureaucracy. Nothing involving a vote of congress. It can be started in seconds by a single order from president Obama.

Thanks for clarifying PB, I appreciate your knowledge as a source. You basically introduced me to this wonderful website with your Rick Simpson post on GC. Well, you and Granny. I think I'll check back up on that thread now.

G

Dear Obama: Here is a way to trim a few billion out of the federal budget with the backing of the majority of the people.

End the war. Set the marijuana pow's free. End the criminal trials based on laws that the majority of Americans are against.

You are about to set potential terrorists free from gitmo. How about the thousands of US marijuana pow's right here in the United States?

Is having a plant worse than being a terrorist?

Clean out space in federal, state and local jails and prisons. Ease budget problems for states at the same time.

Clean off space in courtroom dockets and free up probation and parole manpower. Ease legal system overcrowding for the entire nation at every level.

And do it all with one single order.

All this would only take you a few seconds and very little effort. Only your signature. And I'm sure that thousands of lawyers across the nation would gladly draft the order for you. Some, perhaps, would even do it free of charge.

There is no reason to continue wasting government resources this way, given our current economic situation.

Get'er done on day one.

G

Dear President Bush:

History will remember someone as the person that ended the war against marijuana. Will it be you or our next president?

Here is a way to trim a few billion out of the federal budget with the backing of the majority of the people.

End the war. Set the marijuana pow's free. End the criminal trials based on laws that the majority of Americans are against.

Have mercy on your fellow Americans.

Clean out space in federal, state and local jails and prisons. Ease budget problems for states at the same time.

Clean off space in courtroom dockets. Free up law enforcement, probation and parole manpower. Ease legal system overcrowding for the entire nation at every level.

And do it all with one single order.

All this would only take you a few seconds and very little effort. Only your signature. And I'm sure that thousands of lawyers across the nation would gladly draft the order for you. Some, perhaps, would even do it free of charge.

There is no reason to continue wasting government resources this way, given our current economic situation.

Last edited:
marijuana is classified has class 1 which means it has a high potential of abuse and no medical benefits.

Prescribed medication,liquor and cigs. are extremely abused and are legal

There are 13 states with marijuana used for medical benefits. and if HR 5843 is passed there will be many more. !!!!!!!!! GO TO WWW.YOUTUBE.COM AND SEARCH HR 5843 !!!!!!!!!

If they taxed marijuana they would receive more money than they would from alcohol or cigarettes and marijuana would be the cheapest health care.

Edit-Marijuana should have been reclassified yesterday or tens , twenty years ago. With the choices on the poll I vote 1-3 years.

Edit- http://capwiz.com/norml2/issues/alert/?alertid=11280301&type=CO https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=177

Edit- http://capwiz.com/norml2/issues/alert/?alertid=11280351&type=CO

!!!!Please look at the last two links I have posted above!!!!

Last edited:

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
KillerSmoke said:
After I chose 3-6 years, I noticed everyone else has an evenly diverse opinion of how long it will take. In all honesty, I am not sure of the legality of reclassification. Does the president introduce the bill and the House has to sign it? Or vice versa? I think decriminalization is something that will occur within 10+ years, but classification? We have been getting screwed for a long time, and that's how the government would like to keep it. But who is reforming the laws? The people. I feel unless a major event occur, such as prohibition, to accelerate the cause, then all stoners must play the smoke n' wait game. With organizations like Norml it helps make it easier for everyone to take part in a radical cause to change history. And this is big. Just like propaganda, if young marijuana enthusiasts help take part in this reformation at such an early age, not only would this drastically accelerate the movement, it would help change society for the better.

Stay green,

KS

wonderful post. Thank you and welcome