What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how long into flower can u take cuttings??

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i screwed up royally ... i took cuttings in mid aug b4 flowering started, but went away, and they all perished ...shit.... so i am now taking cuttings from the bottom/mid way up the plants, and not having great success...

i'm using plant hormone, into a lite soil, and in my mini-greenhouse...

any suggestions?? - i don't wanta lose the plants.... thanks

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
The sooner the better. The first week or so they will start verging back out really easy. But I have successfully rooted and revegged clones of fully mature plants. I have failed at it too

Piff_cat

Can always take and root but the less pistils the better if your talking time table. Getting past the single bladed "tardo" stage back to real veg is biggest variable. Tardo plants flipped don't do well

goingrey

Use Rockwool cubes not soil
I've had best success with Seramis. Some LECA on top to prevent algae/mold forming. With these "expected to take their time" cuttings in particular. 1L pot so it holds moisture for a good while. Improved odds with two or three cuts in there, all you need is for one to start rooting...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can yake cuts at any time throughout its life.
best taken in veg stage but can root a a flowering plant or even reveg.

if a special plant i would try root cuts all the way through flower and if that doesnt work reveg the whole plant.

Beneficial microbes really help with rooting clones , i use OGBiowar.com Root pack , honestly best product ive ever used. I used to use it just for cuts as was hard to get in UK as its from USA but i have access to it in UK now so use it every time i pot up and always when taking clones.
The Root pack works with all mediums

Hmong

Veteran
that should answer the question...
Seed Clones_2.jpg

Seed Clones_3.jpg

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Revegging is slow but fun. About a month of reveg on these. At the time I had no where to keep clones, especially for 17 plants I started eith. Kept the best 3 an revegging them. The 1st an 3rd are 100% new growth an revegging successfuly. The 2nd is new growth but it pushed pistols so it's not 100% certain on the reveg as of yet. Next month will tell. Fingers crossed
IMG_20221001_160241030.jpg
IMG_20220929_170823869.jpg
IMG_20221001_160234556.jpg

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
ive took cuts of fulley developed buds an rooted an reveged ,it takes some time but they will root an reveg.

sativaman514

Revegging is slow but fun. About a month of reveg on these. At the time I had no where to keep clones, especially for 17 plants I started eith. Kept the best 3 an revegging them. The 1st an 3rd are 100% new growth an revegging successfuly. The 2nd is new growth but it pushed pistols so it's not 100% certain on the reveg as of yet. Next month will tell. Fingers crossed View attachment 18764122 View attachment 18764125 View attachment 18764120
ohh! is this the original Biker Kush from Karma?

Ca++

So about 6 weeks in?
The plants are a huge variable. An older plant that's eager to flower quickly, may take forever to reveg. I have had one take literally years. Many generations of cuttings. Though I was working it again after about 6 months, just for the taste of it.

It's both easy and damn near impossible. Mostly based on the plant. There is little you can do, if your cutting technique is already good. Just wait and see.

I like to take cuts no later than a week in. 4 weeks is getting painful as there is reveg time required, that's like loosing a cycle. At 6 weeks, you can expect a couple of months to go by before you have wound back the clock and put out some proper veg growth. Enough to take more cuts, or call them ready to flower. That is if they turn back as quick as they went in. Which isn't very likely.

Find some more plants. This stock might be saved, but not for the next crop.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
2 of 3 are successfully revegging. Clones will still be another month or so out.

Old Piney

I have no problem taking cutting well into flowering .Just did it from plants outside when I noticed a few real frosty girls I didn't want to lose .I took them from small branches on the bottom of the plants.I cut the little buds in half .I rooted them with hormone and humidity dome under florescent light
1666485266210.jpeg

Tokin

I have best luck with late cuts using a spray type cloner. They generally revert back to veg shortly after sprouting roots and being planted in meduim.
As Hammerhead said you can revert as late as you want as long as the stems arent too woody and even then ive had sucess using a spray type cloner and powder rooting hormones.

Latest posts

Latest posts