What's new

How long does it take 1 person to trim 1 pound?

A

argoagro

It's a fight between oogling the bud & commenting to yourself how bomb it is, feeling guilty about "All those crystals on that leaf u just cut off", or trying to be to anal with pulling off every leaf.

Grendelkhan

I would agree that between 4-6 hours for a lbs and yes it depends on the type of plant and how solid the nugs are. There's nothing like having a whole bunch of popcorn bullshit that you have put off till the end to do to deal with. Once you get tired of dealing with that you'll understand why many people get rid of all that bottom growth. I have got to say that triming is my least favor part of this whole game.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
wow i'm thinking about 1.5-2.5 ounces an hour maybe, with it being closer to two. So closer to 8 hours time, but i'm thinking 9-10.

Just cleaned up a # and it took me 3 days! About 7 hours total working time though. Wasn't working as fast as possible either, the scissor hash kept making me take breaks. If I was really trying to get it done I could finish in about 3 hours with my current strain of choice.

Snype

Veteran
It takes me around 4 hours to trim a pound. I trim my buds when they are still wet and it doesn't change the aroma's or flavors but I use a little more humidity because they will dry out a little faster with no leaves and I don't want that to happen. I pay people $250 / pound but most of them are really slow and that's why I don't pay by the hour. Some people complain about the price but they get out of the zone and then it takes time to get back into a good rhythim. When they are finishing a branch, I'm finishing half a plant. I tell them all the time, if I can do it in 4 hours for a pound, you can do the same thing but you're not working hard enough. They could be making $62.50 / hour but it's up to them. Snypette is pretty fast though. They also get to smoke a lot of weed when the work is done which is more money for them.

K

kannubis

My first pound took quite a long time to trim. There was a 4 month pause in the middle for the second half to finish growing. Now it takes the inactive part of 2 evenings to do it.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Depends on the erb, whether it's indoor or outdoor, how much popcorn/larf, and how meticulous you want to be..I have trimmed 3 lbs in a 8 hour period before, but it was all pretty easy..Strains like big bud,and some afghani's are tedious as all hell because of the leaf to calyx ratio..

R

rick shaw

Indoors 12-15 hours.I listen to 3 Dead shows and smoke kief every time I finish a plant.A labor of love and a lot more enjoyable then a fish processing line.lol

I trim all fan leaves 1 week before harvest, then I do main trim while wet after chop. then give final bag appeal trim before cure. about 4 ozs(1lb wet) a hour got done today...

KONY

Veteran
a wet pound or a dry pound? Takes me about a half an hour per oz, so 8 hours for a lb. Although we trim pretty slow compared to most. And id have to take lots of breaks for a whole lb.... multiple herniated disc in the back.

robbiedublu

One reason I usually grow sativas is because they are much easier to manicure than leafy indicas. I don't trim off anything with resin on it either.

Latest posts

Latest posts