What's new

How long do you veg indoors before starting 12/12

DeoXy

rofl 30inch vegged plant that yielded nearly a whole p indoors... riiight, And I just harvested a lowryder that yielded "16 zips" in that case

B

BlazingSaddles

rofl 30inch vegged plant that yielded nearly a whole p indoors... riiight, And I just harvested a lowryder that yielded "16 zips" in that case

Is that all my last Northern Lights yielded 38 zips and she was in a 3 gallon pot with 4 weeks veg.

I also once crossed a bald headed eagle with a pig.. Its true pigs can fly..

Beat that :moon::tiphat::dance013:

skyspider

I dont know why you guys find 10 oz off one plant so difficult to believe , a big well vegged plant under a 600 can easily deliver such results

Idiocy is more like it....

Seriously if you guys haven't seen a 10 ounce plant indoors, yet alone grown one, then I wouldn't quit your day job just yet.:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
lol-why-you-mad-tho.jpg

DeoXy

Seriously if you guys haven't seen a 10 ounce plant indoors, yet alone grown one, then I wouldn't quit your day job just yet.:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
lol-why-you-mad-tho.jpg

Rofl no I'm just a firm believer that proof is in the picture.. make me a believer riot.. till then your just part of that group of folks who likes to make others believe massive results r possible with little to no time, I hate miss information... and were talking about seedlings not clones... which is what the original question was about, they require atleast 4-6 weeks to give anything worthwhile.. saying I just harvested a plant that was 48inches when chopped that gave "10 zips" gives no specifics... you can see where you open your self to doubt ;)

sorrt about hps lite
You are right Deoxy
misinformation is bad
she is not a clone but
a girl i revegged and trained for 10 weeks
she will give me 10 oz or more not my first time with her it is doable with a few tricks and little more time:ying:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I put rooted clones into 4" pots of coco/perlite, and leave them under T-5's until I'm ready to use them, which is anywhere from 3-8 weeks down the road. Then they go into 2g Smartpots of coco/perlite and into the veg room with 2 bare 1KW halides in a stadium. They stay there for 30 days and usually hit 2-3 feet tall.

Then (today, for example) we go and transplant the biggest ~70 plants in veg into 5g smartpots of the same mix, and put them into the flowering room. Some strains veg slow and stretch very little so they end up around 3 feet tall. Others veg fast and stretch a lot, and end up 5 feet tall.

A 2 foot plant gives me about 1.5 oz
A 3 foot plant gives me about 2.5-3 oz
A 4 foot plant gives me 4-6 oz
A 5 foot plant gives me 5-7 oz
A 6 foot plant gives me 7-9 oz.

My sweet spot with bare bulbs and 6' ceilings is a bunch of rings of 4-5 foot tall plants, pruned so they are tall and narrow, and packed in fairly tight. Prune the undergrowth and thin out branches on bushy strains, and take tons of clones!

DeoXy

sorrt about hps lite
You are right Deoxy
misinformation is bad
she is not a clone but
a girl i revegged and trained for 10 weeks
she will give me 10 oz or more not my first time with her it is doable with a few tricks and little more time:ying:

Very nice, see now this I do believe.. you spent a nice deal of time with her and she will pay off :), those r specifics I'm talking about lol(reveg & 10week train)

B

BlazingSaddles

I put rooted clones into 4" pots of coco/perlite, and leave them under T-5's until I'm ready to use them, which is anywhere from 3-8 weeks down the road. Then they go into 2g Smartpots of coco/perlite and into the veg room with 2 bare 1KW halides in a stadium. They stay there for 30 days and usually hit 2-3 feet tall.

Then (today, for example) we go and transplant the biggest ~70 plants in veg into 5g smartpots of the same mix, and put them into the flowering room. Some strains veg slow and stretch very little so they end up around 3 feet tall. Others veg fast and stretch a lot, and end up 5 feet tall.

A 2 foot plant gives me about 1.5 oz
A 3 foot plant gives me about 2.5-3 oz
A 4 foot plant gives me 4-6 oz
A 5 foot plant gives me 5-7 oz
A 6 foot plant gives me 7-9 oz.

My sweet spot with bare bulbs and 6' ceilings is a bunch of rings of 4-5 foot tall plants, pruned so they are tall and narrow, and packed in fairly tight. Prune the undergrowth and thin out branches on bushy strains, and take tons of clones!

Thats a pretty damn good guide nice work Lazyman. I just harvested 3 footers and i literally got right in the middle of your range for 3 footers at 2.75oz under 600w. Ive never gone bigger than this due to space restrictions but when i have the extra room ima try my hand at some 6ft + trees.. sometimes bigger truly is better

BlazingSaddles

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
dang you guys like the small plants don't ya??

I flip at minimum 30 inches of height. Low plant numbers but big yields. Last plant I chopped down was only 48 inches and yielded about 10 zips.

yer close- the answer is 24". just kidding (thats my number to yield 3-4 z's per). lots of variables go into the decision such as light coverage, ceiling height and general grow room size. the size of the final container is also a factor which will influence final size

soxaroo

So with a 600 watt bulb light will penetrate about 3 feet. Where do you dudes get these extra zips from growing them to 6 feet?

... and into the veg room with 2 bare 1KW halides in a stadium. They stay there for 30 days and usually hit 2-3 feet tall.

Then (today, for example) we go and transplant the biggest ~70 plants in veg into 5g smartpots of the same mix, and put them into the flowering room.... !

Lazyman vegs in 2 1kw lights. He didn't say what his flower room has but I would assume it's more than veg.

10 zips off a four foot plant shouldn't be that big of a surprise to people. Try providing 4 months of veg under high wattage and constant super cropping and you'll get some FAT lil shortys that don't stretch much and require little support if any..even my slh's only gained a foot or two or so..

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
^he's right, I started off cab-growing LST'd long-veg 5gal mini-trees.. stretching it out stem to top it would've been almost 4 ft. Got 10.5 oz off of it, it was a sativa and the LST was really effective for the long spiraling buds It was a lovely pheno of Kali Mist under 250W HPS. I miss it so.

So its doable... just a bunch of maintenance per plant, not very scaleable beyond a cab, long veg with stronger light than fluoros, etc.. You put so much time into bonzai'ing the motherfucker perfectly than its a shame to cut it down its like a work of art to you.

Fuck it now I just wanna SOG

Latest posts

Latest posts