What's new

How long before you became a "real" grower?

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
I think indoor dialing in is much harder then outdoor. Outdoor is much more forgiving indoor combines a ton of shit you gotta get right that crosses a broad number of topics some of which don't even have to do with growing such as security, construction, financial planning, etc etc. Also lets be real indoor bud is better lol.

Strike99

One night a green mist will roll under your door, which silently swings inward and opens to reveal the magical canna gnome. The gnome will use its fiskars of destiny to circumcise you and then smear the wound with hash oil. In the morning you will wake up and realize that you are now a real grower.

I had a good laugh from this.... wonderful, haha

3-4 grows I had it "down"... but as others say... you never stop learning...

over 15 years and still learning, after a couple years i started getting pretty good results, but even still after over 15 years i still learn things almost every day, thats what keeps it so interesting and intriguing :)
Its a lifestyle

BigNuts

Just like any trade your always learning. and if you think you know it all then they think of something new so you have to learn it all again

G

Ganja D

Being a grower is like martial arts or poker. It's a liflong jounrney where over time through observation you built understanding and natural instinct. And, to be sucessful you must understand know matter how good you get, there is always more to learn.

G

Green Supreme

Maybe when I have my field, greenhouse and basement, then I might be a "real" grower. Peace GS

Longhair

Hello,
When The Pot Fairy Comes To You While Sleeping & Puts A Leaf Under Your Pillow. On That Day You Will Have Become A Man. From The Book Of LHJ. Lol

Longhair

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My cousin and I first shoved a seed in the dirt when we were 12 years old.(early 70's)
I have shoved quite a few more since then, and I am but a novice.

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
I first started back in the 70's I guess I just have a natural green thumb. I never had a bad grow. But I've been growing veggies and flowers since I was a little kid, in my teens I started growing weed. I never thought much about it I've always been able to grow almost anything. But after all those years I still wouldn't call myself a Pro. Theirs so much info out there and I'm always picking up new things.

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
been growing for nearly 10 year now,,and am still picking shit up....
whats it my mom once sayed....you learn someting new everyday..

keep it green
highlander

T

tokinafaty420

My first indoor grow ended with mites and tons of nute burn. Apparently I also had a hermi in the garden and had seeds.

My second grow was once again troubled by nute burn and deficiencies. No longer had the mite problems and didn't have any hermis. Got a little better.

My third indoor grow was about 1,000x better than the first two combined.
Just keeps getting better with each grow.

What really counts is that you learn from your mistakes and progress. You'll know when you have reached the point of being able to grow without being the cause of garden woes. Sometimes stuff happens that isn't in our control. Shit happens and you need to make the best of it.

I think most will say the same thing, some of us have been growing for quite a long time and we're still learning new things. Its been a little over a decade for me with the occasional breaks and I still find ways to improve.

To become a real grower, I would say that as soon as you can grow yourself some decent smokable buds. From that point on, you will get better, and experiment with different strains in your garden. There are day when I have doubts of my ability. Recently I ran a strawberry cough that turned out fantastic, I clones it, grew it and it keeps popping ballsacks. And then you discover some strains don't like certian conditions, and some strains are easier to grow, ok I'm babbling and stoned to the bone.

darksith

was trained from day 1 by my buddy, so I didn't have much of a learning curve. Although I did do a lot of experimenting with things like cracking stalks, attempting to stress the plant to produce bigger yields, things that I had heard about but didn't fully understand. Science is hard to do without the proper resources and knowledge, but I soon abandoned these things and went with what I was taught. I attempted things like scrog b4 there was much info on the net, with little success at the actual point, but still good producing crops.

D

danimal7

I've been growing on and off since around 1980, and I'm just starting to feel like I'm getting close to being a "real" grower. Up until the late 90s I really had no clue what I was doing, mainly because the information wasn't out there like it is today. Lots of trial and error. Based on what I now know, my early grows were pretty half-assed. Not that I didn't always have something to smoke.

About 5-6 years ago I started taking it much more seriously, reading everything I could get my eyes on, trying to optimize every aspect of my environment. But what finally made me feel like I had "arrived" was growing my first purchased seeds. There's no turning back now, no more bagseeds. Now I'm up in the big leagues, gettin' my turn at bat... Ain't nothin' wrong with that.
HERE IS THE BEST RESPONSE :yeahthats

grapeman

Veteran
since 1978. That's the year I first borrowed money from the bank to finance my farming. As stated above, if you're not learning you're not growing.

"You either get better or you get worse, you never stay the same." Bo Schembechler 1974

Sick

I have wanted to grow since I was 13. I'm now 35 and have my second run underway. :)

The first grow was good but I cut it to early, this run should be better. My clones are now staying alive and growing nicely. It only took 4 dead batches to learn how to do them right lol. Now its time to get cab #2 done, get some good lighting and start my SOG. I have lots and lots more to learn and thanks to this web site I know I'll get to where I want to be.

Do I think i'm a real grower? I'm Getting there, I'll call my self a "real" grower when I reach my first pound, swap over to hydro and am growing killer buds from killer seeds that I am going to buy from seed boutique. For now I am still a newbe grower, I'm at the 1/2oz mark, in soil, growing a bag seed. Allthough In my defence its a good bag seed. ;) :smokeit:

Latest posts

Latest posts