What's new

How Likely?

igrowone

Veteran
Everything sounded good to me but this. You say you'll only be growing small amounts, so you shouldn't ever have big quantities to dispose of. Chopping up the waste into small pieces inside the house, then burying it in your backyard at night, doesn't require you to leave your property. For things to go wrong they'll first need to have a reason to come into your home. But if you take that little bit of green waste out into the forest you could easily get pulled over for driving-while-black, and then they'll search your car. If they find green waste they will come into your home. Once you're in possession on a public road you are simply at their mercy.

i'll second that idea, once you're on the highway you become a deer in the headlights(so to speak)

FileCabinetGrow

Everything sounded good to me but this. You say you'll only be growing small amounts, so you shouldn't ever have big quantities to dispose of. Chopping up the waste into small pieces inside the house, then burying it in your backyard at night, doesn't require you to leave your property. For things to go wrong they'll first need to have a reason to come into your home. But if you take that little bit of green waste out into the forest you could easily get pulled over for driving-while-black, and then they'll search your car. If they find green waste they will come into your home. Once you're in possession on a public road you are simply at their mercy.

The US economy is a house of cards. The US Treasury is borrowing dollars as fast as it can from the Fed Reserve, to buy back all the Treasury notes that other countries are dumping on the market so to not be left holding the bag. Do you really think your house will increase in value over the next 3-5 years? Buying time only works when there's time left to buy.

For my grow, I'll be able to chop it all up and dispose of down the toilet.

But now that I think of it, you are absolutely correct. Driving with green in the car is a bad bad bad idea. Thanks for the reminder that driving-while-black is so true.

As for my mortgage: I'm not worried about it climbing in value. I doubt it will climb much at all. In 3-5 years I would have paid down the mortgage principal enough to sell it without going red. It may climb ~5,000 in value by then, but I would have paid ~20,000 in principal. That's where I'm at. Not too concerned with it rising in value, more concerned with being able to walk away without losing money.

-Peace

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Very depressing......Florida growing.

Very depressing......Florida growing.

A good friend of mine moved to Florida and has told me a few stories.

Can't smoke in his Condo and must walk around the alligator infested park, haha.

He told me he will be returning to California when his lease is up.

Good Luck in your journey :tiphat:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
You seem to have a handle on your stealth, add some house plants
to have a cover for any stray evidence, if you haven't already.

Try some dynamat sound proof sheets on the inside of that file
cab box, helps with vibration.

Remember, any money you use to maintain stealth is cheaper
than getting pinched.

I use a small box to grow stealth, and have invested much $$
to keep it that way.

What strains you running anyway, i wonder.

Very good thread, security is paramount in the dirty south, natch.

FileCabinetGrow

You seem to have a handle on your stealth, add some house plants
to have a cover for any stray evidence, if you haven't already.

Try some dynamat sound proof sheets on the inside of that file
cab box, helps with vibration.

Remember, any money you use to maintain stealth is cheaper
than getting pinched.

I use a small box to grow stealth, and have invested much $$
to keep it that way.

What strains you running anyway, i wonder.

Very good thread, security is paramount in the dirty south, natch.

++ Here mate. Some cash into stealth is cash well spent.

I'm running Mystic Blue and Northern Lights.

Peace

lawlrus

You're gonna probably want some cooling and you'll almost certainly get the itch to upgrade the lighting somewhere around mid-flower at the latest, but I would feel pretty comfortable with what you described. I know everybody thinks they can trust their partner implicitly, but are you 110% sure your wife would never tell anyone -- not even her sister or brother? What about her best friend? Chances are it's not a problem, but that's going to be where the weak link is in this scenario, not likely anything you've directly contributed to.

With a setup like you described (assuming you've got your carbon scrubber/fan combo nailed and you're 100% smell-proof in your little cab) it would pretty much need to be an act of God or being blatantly careless to get into really hot water. What you posted is basically as safe as it gets as a personal grower in an unfriendly state. But again, if you've told even one other person (even your wife), it's not unreasonable to assume that 3 or 4 people know. Something to consider.

FYI, you could grab a cheap ($300-$500) portable A/C and, assuming you have room left on the circuit in that server room of yours, you could put it on low and enjoy an arguably more efficient CPU in your servers in addition to a nice, comfortably cool cabinet all the way through the spring and summer.

Last edited:

FileCabinetGrow

You're gonna want some cooling and you'll almost certainly get the itch to upgrade the lighting somewhere around mid-flower at the latest, but I would feel pretty comfortable with what you described. I know everybody thinks they can trust their partner implicitly, but are you 110% sure your wife would never tell anyone -- not even her sister or brother? What about her best friend? Chances are it's not a problem, but that's going to be where the weak link is in this scenario, not likely anything you've directly contributed to.

With a setup like you described (assuming you've got your carbon scrubber/fan combo nailed and you're 100% smell-proof in your little cab) it would pretty much need to be an act of God or being blatantly careless that got you in hot water. What you posted is basically as safe as it gets as a personal grower in an unfriendly state. But again, if you've told even one other person (even your wife), it's not unreasonable to assume that 3 or 4 people know.

FYI, you could grab a cheap ($300-$500) portable A/C and, assuming you have room left on the circuit in that server room of yours, you could put it on low and enjoy (arguably, theoretically) more powerful processing in your servers in addition to a nice, comfortably cool cabinet all the way through the spring and summer.
I'm 110% sure. She's a good one to have, and I've made it fairly clear to her that no-one should ever know, it's not something you talk about or let slip. Too many folks around here that would crucify us for it.

Obviously if I ever thought or think she let it loose to anyone I'd scuttle the operation without hesitation.

Latest posts

Latest posts