What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how i ruined Thanksgiving...

Nannymouse

Okay, i was gone for a minute. Well, the holiday of the ThriceBurnedGravy was held at my nest. Every couple of seconds, there would be some yellin for 'help' with something or other. You know, they couldn't find something or whatever, or the grandmice were dangling from the ceiling fans or some such emergency. And no, none of the gravy attempts were edible, thank you. The third attempt ended with my daughter screaming at me, "JesusChristMOM, you had ONE JOB!!!!!"...

After a few "JesusChristMOM's" over 'not age appropriate' babysitting activities, from both of my kids, i decided that they needed to get professionals for their dainty little offspring. I moved north, leaving them to fix their own damn gravy.

Totally true story.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
How was the hunt?
i saw the largest whitetail buck (antler-wise) i've ever seen outside of a fenced area like the ammunition plant near here. 5 points on his left typical antler, and more outrageous shit on his right than i thought possible! it looked like a dang cedar stump...never got closer than 40 yds or so though, way out of my self-imposed range with a longbow. he would have been an easy kill with a rifle...which is why i only bowhunt these days for deer.

buzzmobile

Veteran
i saw the largest whitetail buck (antler-wise) i've ever seen outside of a fenced area like the ammunition plant near here. 5 points on his left typical antler, and more outrageous shit on his right than i thought possible! it looked like a dang cedar stump...never got closer than 40 yds or so though, way out of my self-imposed range with a longbow. he would have been an easy kill with a rifle...which is why i only bowhunt these days for deer.
That was a GREAT hunt.