What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how i ruined Thanksgiving...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
my first mistake was asking what could be cooked the day before to save time. "pies, deviled eggs, and the cornbread to go into the stuffing" came the answer. so, i made the deviled eggs, and she made the pies. see anything missing? yup, she forgot the cornbread & had to hurry and make it this morning when she already had the oven pre-heating for the bird of honor. how is that MY fault, one might ask? merely by asking, you have admitted that you are still single. i also had the audacity to use the timer after she set it for the turkey. we won't mention that she always ignores the timer, as the bird is never done when it goes off. plus, i had the potatoes ready to peel & boil before she wanted them. and oh the horror! i ALSO had the can of sweet potatoes & the green beans on the counter early! what was i thinking? and i've been hand-washing everything as soon as she was done dirtying it up, and placed it in the dishwasher. ANY cook worth her flour sifter knows that a meal is an utter failure unless you have a sink full of dirty pans and a stove top not visible to the human eye when you are done. i'll be lucky if i'm allowed to eat this year...:eek: what a disaster...:dunno:🦃 HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

exoticrobotic

I got these for the mrs on repeat.

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 07.48.11.png

Occasionally i have one but i make sure she has one every day :biggrin:

She loves them. Not as much as i do :p

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Something must be very wrong with me, because I cook and clean the dishes as I go through the kitchen… when my wife was alive, she would just sit there and marvel at me, tearing the kitchen up, preparing for the feast. She would always have a joint in her hand and a comment to keep it interesting… I have not cooked turkey since she’s passed but I eat at friends house every year…

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
my first mistake was asking what could be cooked the day before to save time. "pies, deviled eggs, and the cornbread to go into the stuffing" came the answer. so, i made the deviled eggs, and she made the pies. see anything missing? yup, she forgot the cornbread & had to hurry and make it this morning when she already had the oven pre-heating for the bird of honor. how is that MY fault, one might ask? merely by asking, you have admitted that you are still single. i also had the audacity to use the timer after she set it for the turkey. we won't mention that she always ignores the timer, as the bird is never done when it goes off. plus, i had the potatoes ready to peel & boil before she wanted them. and oh the horror! i ALSO had the can of sweet potatoes & the green beans on the counter early! what was i thinking? and i've been hand-washing everything as soon as she was done dirtying it up, and placed it in the dishwasher. ANY cook worth her flour sifter knows that a meal is an utter failure unless you have a sink full of dirty pans and a stove top not visible to the human eye when you are done. i'll be lucky if i'm allowed to eat this year...:eek: what a disaster...:dunno:🦃 HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
Happy thanksgiving dude

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well, i WAS allowed to eat. had to lie on the floor under the table and beg for scraps like our cats, but what the hell. it beat sitting outside with the cold wind whipping my ass. just kidding! had so much food fixed that we actually forgot to serve it all up with the meal! that means, of course, that the deviled eggs will be for lunch & dinner today, lol. i think i'm gonna get my stuff together and go sit in the woods & pretend to deer hunt. that'll make me stop worrying about my wife out on Black Friday with a pocket full of plastic...:confused::eek::cry:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Me and Mom watched the parade on TV at 9:00 a.m. had coffee then I went for my walk we went to Walden pond and walked around that that was like a mile and a half it was really scenic it was really nice you should look it up that Thoreau guy stayed there then we came back home and we had Chinese food no dishes it was a good Thanksgiving

armedoldhippy

Veteran
not once, not twice, but thrice? dang! i'd have give up after the second try...:good: just out of curiosity...was it edible?

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
I am not upset with anyone’s post, I was just stating a fact for the records. It’s been many years since she’s passed, and I’ve come to terms with it quite well, considering she was my life… it’s all good fellas…🙏
Sorry to hear that mate, glad you didn't let it consume you.

Reactions: Boo

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
It most likely would have consumed me if it happened overnight, but I had 3 1/2 years of caring for her to deal with it… We both found peace, but that doesn’t stop me from thinking about her every day… how ironic that two years after she passed away from cancer I got it…

armedoldhippy

Veteran
It most likely would have consumed me if it happened overnight
it gives you time to come to grips with it. both of my parents went slowly, you could see it coming and learn to deal with the reality versus getting the dreaded phone call that no one was expecting.

Reactions: Boo