What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How does cannabis affect your love life?...

Buddle

Veteran
my husband couldn't smoke for the first 20 yrs of our relationship.he's retired now and we have a blast. He's 72 and still going strong..lol.

I found this thread while searching to see if there was a topic I would like to discuss (I don't think there is... I will have to post it soon), and I thought the title meant something else altogether :D

But in keeping with the ACTUAL discussion of the topic, I have been with people who partake, and people who don't, and it's always been the same... those I have been with who did NOT had their reasons, and I respected them, and they had no problems with me partaking.

That being said, I don't think I could be with someone who had HUGE ISSUES with my choice to partake. Mostly from a freedom standpoint. I'd be wondering what else they had huge issues with. There are plenty of things I would never do, but I wouldn't take issue with those who DO choose to do those things. Their business, not mine. I expect the same in return. If I don't get that, they need to not be around me :)

MamaVeg

My man and I met each other at a series of festivals always coming together through smoking. After a while we started dating. Smoking has always been a huge part of our relationship and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm so comfortable indulging around him because I know he will indulge along with me, no judgements passed. It's just nice feeling like we are always on the same page.

:huggg:

talktosamson

Veteran
My wife and partner of many years is on a few month smoking sabbatical in order to take her yearly UA for her job. I always realize this time of year how my intake goes way down when she is not around to pack the bowl. Smoking without her is just not as enjoyable as it is when she can smoke with me. She does not care if I partake when she cant, but It just ends up that I don't as much. Who wants to be high all by yourself?

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
my ex and i were together for 8 years..and the relationship started with ME explaining that i smoke marijuana just like most people enjoy a drink...and she was cool with that..she was a very clean girl(well loved sex) but not a party animal at all. Her folks had stacks of wine bottles after a party...my folks had ash trays full of roaches

And she began to smoke with me on occasion's. And started to enjoy it..not too much but she always had control..she loved it before sex...it made her so wild..and horny..I loved it, as any man would..

and then after years of seeing me smoke on a daily basis, she began to get a hate on for it and me..i think she resented the fact that i loved pot more than her...she always asked that.."do you need it to talk to me" and thinking i used it as scape goat to not deal with my problems...

so it became an issue

not the driving force to break us up...far from it...but it was a factor

LOL now we have just started communicating again...and she tells me she smokes it quite often....but small amounts...she always had a low tolerance

So funny

peace
Chefboy

bigAl25

Veteran
Here's my input on the subject. I smoke and grow(small closet 8 to 10 plants). My wife does not smoke. We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary this month. Nothing like some merlot or cabernet and a bowl before our Saturday night fun. Yes it does enhance making love(sex). Cannabis has helped keep us together all these years. Hope it works for you too.

Davey420

It brought my girlfriend and I together. Was at a party smoking with some friends and up walks this cute little blonde asking for a hit and the rest is history.

There has only been one time where cannabis has affected my love live negatively. I was in a relationship with a guy that I had known and been friends with 2 years prior to when we became romatically involved. He already knew that I smoked.

When we decided to become a couple, I told him that all the weed we smoked didn't come from "a friend of a friend of a friend", but was infact weed I grew.

Big mistake. Wanting to be Mr. Cool, he blabbed to all of his friends that I grew cannabis. :mad: And course, he started asking me for "samples" for friends because of favors they had done for him.

Last time I checked wasn't one of the golden rule, "Loose lips, sink ships"? I live in a state that has harsh cannabis laws. Even though, I've already accepted the risk of getting caught and going to jail, that doesn't mean I should advertise to everyone that I grow as well.

When I asked him why he told his friends he replied, "Don't worry, my friends are cool, they're not going to tell."

Soon, I developed a sinking feeling in my gut that I needed to stop growing. I was in the middle of flowering and I wanted to finish my growing cycle, but I figured I would be rather be safe than sorry.

I cut my beautiful girls down, chopped them up, mixed them into regular garbage that I had and dumped my trash miles away from my house.

:rant:
Maybe I was being too paranoid, but I was really mad. How dare this asshole do this? The only reason why I told him I grew because I trusted him and that there should not be any secrets between us. I'm the one that is growing cannabis so that I know what I am smoking and I sell the rest to help pay for my bills and save for my retirement. I'm the one investing money into lights, soil and fertilizer. I'm the one putting my freedom on the line, not him. :rant:

I'm glad I did cut it down. A few weeks later, my place was broken into and the hollowed out dresser I was using to grow in was wide open, laying on the floor.

I didn't know, nor did I care if he had anything to do with it. At that point, the relationship was starting to fall apart. I broke up with that jerk, changed my number and eventually moved.

I used to think that getting a stoner boyfriend was enough. In my opinion, it is not. I need a grower boyfriend. Until then, it'll be me and my baby MaryJane.

dddaver

Veteran
Cool story. Thanks.

On the one hand this story has been heard from many, many male growers. It's cool to see that gender inequality thing striking both ways here. On the other hand there seems to be more inequality still because telling the male sex you're growing may result in there being more rippers getting wind, there are more males in prisons than females, males seem more prone toward being thieves.

But still it's kinda cool to see it works both ways. And that rule number one is hard and fast for everyone that grows. Sorry you had to learn that the hard way but it sounds like you played that real smart, tearing down before the real shit hit the fan.

Also, hopefully with this most recent legalization trend we'll see less and less stories like this. But I think people will ALWAYS want to grow their own to get quality and also to know exactly what goes into what they ingest. And it is a fun and productive hobby.

Thanks again.

Andyo

Veteran
1979 married non cannabis smoker

1979 married non cannabis smoker

I got married 1979 aged 23 yrs prior to this i only knew a couple of girls that smoked weed or hash.
My wife had a few tokes in evenings and laughed a lot but after my daughter was born the wife tried and had immediate panic attacks .
about 5 years after my daughter born i really wished i had a partner that toked.
we were totally different wave lengths ,it caused arguments so i cut back slowly as i had a daughter starting school.
First J at 6pm as my daughter grew up i stretched it to 9pm 1st puff of the day im not an addictive type.
Id crossbred afghan the real mazer i sharif with the best jamaican id found ,lots jamaican customers,one jamaican guy that bought most of my crops asked to send his sister to pick up a 4oz pressed block.
She met me on a train station switching trains ,as my route also on the way back
we did the exchange in the train toilet .
Damned if she didnt lift her skirt and retrieve the cash from her stocking top with a smile lol and tucked the weed pack in same place.
I couldnt concentrate,i had been mesmerised.
When i got home i was still picturing the event .

About 2 yrs later 1992 i was going through a divorce.
still selling to jamaican bro ,sitting in my new 3 story house with my grow now unleashed as a single guy ,i questioned my jamaican guy about sally ,lol he said man aint no problem to me just insures my connection and she is super sound,she may stab you but would neverever call the babylon.

Well we got it together dating ect and both smoking same weed was the best ever ting for me and for her this is the only girl ive had that tokes .
the difference is massive ,obviously personalitys play their part.
I still think about her 32 yrs later ive actually searched the net for her .A

Makes dating difficult for me even in a legal med state, can't tell girls all the deets and well girls always want to know all the deets. It turns into me being very closed off, for safety reasons and just old principles. Need to find a chick who grows and found the herb for herself......

blastfrompast

Veteran
Wife of 10 yrs doesn't smoke....

She tried a few puffs back when we were just dating and she got all giggly and paranoid....so no more for her.

She is supportive, but she does roll her eyes if I overdo it on the medibles...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
my wife smoked with me while we dated, even bought me good weed as presents back then. after we married (and had 2 kids) she slowed down & ultimately stopped, telling me that "I never really enjoyed it, just made me sleepy".she was of two minds when I was growing in my basement; she liked it because I wasn't buying it, even showed it off to her best friend proudly. THEN, she went back to church, stopped even having a glass of wine with me at meals, and riding me because "pot is more important to you than me and our children!" this, while I was the only one working, paying for the house, making her car payment, and supporting her as she went back to school. how SELFISH of me to enjoy something! she didn't like her car (she picked out) nor the house(ditto) the length of my hair, any of my friends, nor the time I spend with my brother hunting & fishing. we have been married for nearly 23 years now, & I'm starting to wonder if 25 might just be my limit... sorry for ranting, really I am. been needing to get this off of my chest for some time now. :comfort: the (un)happy lurker

B

Baron Greenback

We both smoke, me more during the day and my wife with me at night when our son is asleep. Our relationship is really strong (we spend practically 24/7 together), but a lot of that has to do with how forgiving my wife is of my crapness :)
We are very fortunate in enjoying many of the same things and I think as we met in our late 20's, we had got a bit of our stupidity out of our systems.
In my opinion, both of us enjoying a doobie together has been very valuable for us, no arguments, laughing at the same stuff and smashing extravagant munch together seems to make us happy.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never had a woman that liked cannabis. One of the reasons that I'm now getting divorced is because of my growing. I never abused the weed. I only smoke or consume weed after I've finished all of my work, and handled my responsibilities for the day. My girls don't even know about it.

I hope to one day find a woman that appreciates Cannabis for what it is; someone that I can actually have a conversation with about any topic. I have a lot of interests. I would like to have a deep meaningful relationship with someone that I can communicate with.

Sex, and all of that is pointless to me if there is not an emotional or mind share between the two of us.

When I was much younger, my priorities were much different.

Sorry to get off topic.

RF

Latest posts

Latest posts