What's new

how do you water?

P

Paully_B

do you use a mason jar? take 30min to water? measure run off?

watering is such a routine based/every does it differntly type of thing. i wanna know how you all do it.

i use a 5gal bucket...de-clorinate for atleast 24hrs...bubble the water all the time. add nutes, adjust ph, check ppm and slowly water all of my girls with a small mason jar. a little to this girl, alittle to that one...watering my girls (3 currently) takes about 30-45min when all is said and done

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
I put 2 liters or so of RO or rain water in my watering can and sprinkle it evenly about my mulch layer. It usually takes about 30 seconds. I don't mix fertilizers in with my water, preferring to top dress them instead. I also don't pH the water or the runoff. I've been growing with in a 22 gallon tote with no drainage holes so there is no runoff. The aim is to keep the medium moist, but not saturated.

Pine

bobman

leave it to stonedar.

while you are bubbling your water for 24 hours you might as well nute it too. 24 hours will let them mix better and get a more accurate ph. you sound like a new mother.

i mix half ro and tap. i learned this gives me perfect ph without up or down. have not touched a ph meter in months. and i am in passive hydro.

P

Paully_B

you think i should let me nutes bubble in my water before using? obv checking ph and what not prior to watering but do you think it makes a difference if i bubble everything for ahwile

bobman

r u in hydro? With gh nutes, it can take 12 plus hours to buffer. Bubbling is ideal but not needed. I would suggest it just so you can learn things better and get a better understanding of how your nutes work with your water. if you bubbling already yes i would mix them in.

P

Paully_B

i am soil. so if i am going to be using roots organic buddha grow, EJ catalyist and maybe some cal/mag and thrive alive b-1. you think i should put all of that in 24hrs before to bubble? obviously adjust ph right before application....i am pretty much always bubbling water downstaits

bobman

I would if I had the time but its not needed. You may want to play with it and just try to learn something new. It may surprise you. I never worked with what you are so I don't know. I don't think your going to hurt anything by doing it. Mix it up take a reading then let it bubble for 24 take another reading adjust then feed. Report back if you notice anything different or new.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a 5 gallon bucket that I fill with tap water, let it sit at least 2 days, adjust ph with lemon juice. I water with a watering can that has a long spout on it. Cover the soil in 1 gallon pot with half inch of water, let it soak in a minute and keep doing that till run off or pot is heavy enough. I do 6 in maybe 10 minutes.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Slow, steady/even application of the water (or food, whatever - liquid) seems to be the best.. Otherwise, it seems to puddle and want to run down the sides of the pot, or into a few "channels" in the dirt. I think it's best if the soil can take it in on a sort of "metered" basis.

I have a watering can with a smalllll hole on it. Probably 1/4", maybe a smidge wider. That lets me water and sort of move things around, without it puddling in one place as soon as it gushes onto the dirt..

I've been lazy lately, so I've been sticking a 5 gallon bucket o' water on top of another 5 gallon bucket, and using a a few feet of airline tubing (black 1/4" ID) to water, a-la syphon styl-ee.

I have a big rubbermaid 30gal trash can on wheels that I fill up and run an 8" air stone in it for at least three days then when the lights are off and are going to be off for a while, I chill the water to 65F with frozen milk jugs then I add my nutes, check my ec and ph, roll my mobile reservoir into my growroom and water using a submersible pump and hose. Super easy. Super efficient.

oldhaole

Veteran
How do I water?

Simple....I turn on the valve. Then I take a nap.

My drip system does the rest.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
reservoir and pump with hose and hand nozzle with dif settings

after getting used to my girls a cycle or two later it's automatic to know how long to water each pot. when I really know my room each pot in dif corners get more or less so not to over water. and when it's dialed in then each stage gets watered with the right amount at the proper intervals.

only hand watering can do this. but if you have a warehouse then it might be impractical

P

Paully_B

i am looking for something that provides a more consitent but still low stream. something better than a mason jar. any suggestions that might include links?!

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
i am looking for something that provides a more consitent but still low stream. something better than a mason jar. any suggestions that might include links?!

I think what you may need is called a watering can, although not common if you try hard you maybe able to find one somewhere. I'd try a Dollar General or a Lowes. Here is a picture of a few in case you haven't ever seen one, I wouldn't want you ending up with a toilet brush or something cause you hadn't ever heard of a watering can.

K

Krshna

lately ive been using a big ol' 1.75L liquor bottle that has the little plastic piece in it so the liquor/water comes out nice and slow. works great! Also 1L liquor bottles can be used as a spray bottle, just take the top from a sprayer and screw it on! :laughing: I may or may not be jim lahey lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts