What's new

How do you screw up growing Potatoes?

zoidb3rg

my dad grew potatoes when i was little, i ended up ripping them all up and swinging them round and throwing them into the neighbours garden like some kind of organic mace/hammer throw, Needless to say he wasn't happy, But they were all pretty potato shaped, no cock shaped or bubble potato as you got.

maryjohn

Veteran
I don't bother growing root veggies because they're still dirt cheap at the grocery store. 79cents for a pound of carrots is much less than it would cost me to grow them.

It's a no brainer to grow tomatoes and peppers which are both criminally overpriced.

I know this doesn't help you at all. Sorry. :)

tomatoes are priced the way they are for a reason. They can't be stored like potatoes. Moreover, you obviously don't put taste over price. I've grown some rutabagas that are so much more subtle and complex than supermarket variety. Then there are the carrots. Oh, the carrots.

I don't garden to save money, I garden for the fun of it, to watch things grow, and to experience flavor that cannot be purchased at the supermarket. I think most of us here are the same.