What's new

How do YOU moderate your weed consumption?

DarthFader1

Veteran
Ive smoked weed for about 17 years full time now and i have a problem where i love smoking weed so much that it kinda takes my life over and has done for many years. I be getting high 24/7/365. No matter what ive tried so far i just cannot control how much i smoke. Im miserable when i do not smoke any and i end up resorting to alcohol (which i cannot stand).

Any thoughts / suggestions on how to smoke less??

WelderDan

Veteran
Heh, I've smoked weed for 40 years. There was a time when I smoked more than an ounce of good shit in a 5 day period. And if I stopped I was miserable too.

My advice is to suck it up, be miserable for 2 or 3 days and then it gets easier.

Its the CB receptors in your central nervous system that when deprived of exogenous cannabinoids takes time to reset the bodies endocannabinoid system. The thing is though not everyones endocannabinoid system works right. Some are severely deficient. Which is why withdrawal is worse for some people than others, and why some people find life without cannabis miserable no matter how long they abstain for.

I caution you from self-diagnosis but there's good material to read on the topic.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I may moderate this site , but never my cannabis intake :) Any time i ease up a little, my best friend/wife reminds me I need more thc and hands me a dabber or joint. Great being married to a chimney !!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the economy & my wariness of getting drug tested at work moderates mine, entirely TOO well if you ask me...:comfort:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I just grow more weed!

I just grow more weed!

I may moderate this site , but never my cannabis intake :) Any time i ease up a little, my best friend/wife reminds me I need more thc and hands me a dabber or joint. Great being married to a chimney !!

Time for another joint :party: been smokin since '69

Haven't slowed down yet.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Hey friends, thanks for all the super positive responses :thank you:

I really do love weed so much. I think im suffering from PTSD, but that is another story which we don't need to get into atm..

Growing soothes me, as soon as i started it was like i had found my happy place. It's hard though being an outkast, being a hero, being a fucking example.. It's taken it's toll on my soul but strong i stay (juggling >1 mental illness). Working on some rare dankness atm its working out really great but all i think about is having more space to grow more weed. I must order more seeds off the glorious internet and perform selection ASAP!!! You think im joking but im not.. Im completely obsessed with weed. I'll show you a photo of some rugburn & venom og tomorrow morning when ive made a morning coffee and without HPS glare. Life is hard being a chaotic good Fighter/Wizard (throwback to the glorious d&d days)

peace bitches
i love you all

p.s (day51 no weed just beers this is what you get

chronosync

automatic shoes
One thing I do when I'm trying to cut down on something (cigs, weed, nail-biting) is to shift gears a lot. For example if I really want that cigarette I remind myself it can wait. I'll hold it for awhile, not light it, go do something else for a bit......I can have it later and when I do, what's the difference?

But weed? Whatever you do don't go to drinking a lot. However much you think smoking Is a crutch, having alcohol get you like that is 100 times worse.

Good luck, just be yourself :)

mowood3479

Veteran
One thing I do when I'm trying to cut down on something (cigs, weed, nail-biting) is to shift gears a lot. For example if I really want that cigarette I remind myself it can wait. I'll hold it for awhile, not light it, go do something else for a bit......I can have it later and when I do, what's the difference?

But weed? Whatever you do don't go to drinking a lot. However much you think smoking Is a crutch, having alcohol get you like that is 100 times worse.

Good luck, just be yourself :)

This is good advice... Ull need to train your mind to delay gratification.
For some of us this is easier said than done but it is I think (possible) from the lowliest gutter junkie to the stoner looking to cut back on their cannabis consumption.
As tessarecting said u may feel badly for awhile while ur brain adjusts...
Good luck:)

mowood3479

Veteran
I try to puff on my oil pen until dark (because it doesn't really get me baked it just relaxes me a bit... N then Ill smoke a j after it gets dark.
When I'm not trying to regulate my cannabis intake I'll puff joints from early morning all throughout the day., I end up smoking 6-7x more herb... N I just end up anxious n stressed (after a few weeks of smoking hard like thAt)..
So for me limited intake is better so I try to have some discipline with my cannabis intake.
But I'm a work in progress and I puffed pretty hard this week.
Also I agree that alcohol is a poor replacement for cannabis.
Perhaps try some cbd oil or a vape or something light like that, enough of a buzz to keep u from feeling sober but not enough of a buzz to feel high.
Idk? Just a thought

DarthFader1

Veteran
I hope that this thread may help others that love the weed a bit too much too, awesome suggestions so far i am reading everything

DarthFader1

Veteran
Don't you guys think that so much of our day to day habits are entirely dependant on our state of mind? I really try to enhance my state of mind through healthy diet, exercising alot taking serotonin, vitamin D & K, probiotic, practice positive thinking etc etc and still over 50% of days i wake up and its just a huge battle..

Sometimes i think life it is like that scene in Men in Black at the end when they open the locker and the earth is revealed as just this silly little experiment

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
by cherry picking only the most choice buds from a ziplock full of pink kush. if you are pretty, i consume you. if you arent the hot girl at the prom i forward you to someone who is just happy with taking pink kush to the prom. seems fair to me...

Latest posts

Latest posts