What's new

How do you make home-made-HASH

Nikolai Burdy

Hey guys hows it going?
Iam new to growing and this site. (by the way its wicked!:D

My first plant is ready now. Not bad for a first attempt i think. Problem is it isnt very strong, but iam gonna work on that.
Iam just wondering how to turn my weak buds into hash (better than nothing!)

I gather chop up the herb, well i dont know alot so if you could give me easy instructions to follow that would be great.

Thanks guys, Nikolai Burdy

Nikolai Burdy

Great EASY recipe thanks.
But at the end it says
"Gently dry out the remaining paste with a hair dryer until it reaches a light uniform colour and appears solid. Use an ordinary spoon to scrape the mixing bowl, and enjoy."

But wont it be like a powder? Is it ok to use like that? Or should i press it a little?
What would be best?????:wave:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
thanks for the link, InTrInSiC:D

I've been looking for a way to salvage some moldy bud.
I'm gonna make this today, so I'll post my results.:D

He says untill it appears solid. Im not a expert on hash but from the sound of it you will have a solid mass...especially after drying....it wont be a powder. ive made it with the same method basicly but diddnt dry with a hair dryer...after a day it was a solid piece of trichs.

The method I used to use before I got an ice-o-lator - all you need is a large plastic box with a lid and a freezer

Take a large plastic (Tupperware) box

Put your material inside and put it into the freezer for a few of hours (overnight is best)

Remove from the freezer and shake for 20 or 30 mins keeping the box the same way up

With the last few dozen shakes make sure that the material inside hits the inside of the lid

Remove the lid and inspect the inside of the lid – wow it’s covered with crystals

Carefully scrape from the lid with a finger and press in your hand – 1st quality Hash

Now work down the sides of the box – the less vegetable matter you pick up the better the quality

You can repeat the shaking a few times

Mila once told me that this works even better with a stainless steal box – I have never tried this but I bet that shaking it would be hard work!

If you play with this method you can get good extraction levels and a reasonably good product – though not as good as an ice-o-lator and certainly not as good as the 73mu bubble bag

enjoy
:D

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
ok, made my hash on weds. I used 1/2 oz of bud. (have an 1.5oz of moldy bud)I kinda expected to get a lot more I dont know if I did it wrong or what . I used the recipie InTrInSiC gave the link for.exept instead of shaking it I used the blender, but anyway look at it and see if it looks about right. I'm gonna use britesides method next see what happens.

Click for Larger Image

InTrInSiC

dont expect much

dont expect much

using buibble bags you can only expect 15-20% at best, using the shaking method, most ive ever gotten if 7-8%....bottom line, dont make hash if you expect a quarter ounce of hash from a half ounce of bud....

Nikolai Burdy

Cheers guys. I dont expect to make much. But in my mind its better than having an ounce of really weak home-grown just sitting around. It was my first attempt. Just got back from the coast. So today ive already cut my plant down. and now waiting for the buds to dry. So i to will keep ya posted.
cheers for advice guys

Nikolai Burdy

Just followed the instructions for the first one. Ice hash.
Ive filtered it, dark honey coloured liquid. Placed in freezer for 40+minutes. Taken out, ice has melted. Now waiting for it to settle on the bottom. But taking the water out is tricky, i dont want to disturb the bottom. Or take the water out if it hasn't properly settled!?

What should i do next!!!!!!

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I'm no expert, but what I did was get most of the water out. I siphioned(sp) mine with air line tubing from a fish tank and poured the remaining into a coffee filter (paper kind) and gently sweeze out all the water. the remaining should be hash.
I hav'nt even smoked any of mine yet, I need to do that.

Nikolai Burdy

came home from the pub last night, and spilled my hashy water !!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Managed to scrape up a 1joints with tho!
Still got the weed i used. I weighed it all before i started.
16-1/2grams. weighed the weed after straining it. it was 28grams/1oz. Proberly still had moisture in it. Which means tiny bit of hash maybe left in my mind??????????
So repeating the process at the moment. Dont know if worth it?
But gonna try.

I cant access www.mrnice.hm can anyone else access it? Or is it just me?

G

Re: dont expect much

Re: dont expect much

InTrInSiC said:
using buibble bags you can only expect 15-20% at best, using the shaking method, most ive ever gotten if 7-8%....bottom line, dont make hash if you expect a quarter ounce of hash from a half ounce of bud....

You obviously don't do it properly. 7 - 8% is the effort of someone badly unskilled. Please try not to talk statistics until you have perfected every method you attempt.

Latest posts

Latest posts