What's new

How do you guys get big seedlings in solo cups?

Wineo

I use rapid rooters, and seed starting mix,in small cups to start them for a week or 2, then transplant into 44oz cups with used supersoil mix. After 2-3 weeks in the 44oz cups, I transplant into 5 gal buckets with supersoil. The 44oz cups will be full of roots after 2-3 weeks,and have already been topped,and branching nicely. Once transplanted in 5 gal buckets, the plants really take off fast. I will veg for 2-3 more weeks, then flip to 12-12. Just make sure to put 2 3/8 inch holes in the bottom of the 44oz cups so they will drain properly. Those 44oz cups are Styrofoam cups I save from polarpop drinks I buy at circle k.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Plants in cups are very difficult to keep upright and must have a trellis, also will have to be visited many times a day for water maintenance. Cups sizes are for seed, sprouts, seedlings and the rest are freaks. Whenever you see a large plant in a cup, it will be up against the wall because it can't stand up on its own. To me, they are a pain in the ass 😎.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If you want to know how to pop a seed and get a good start in solo cups, go to the propagation forum ICmag and look for seed sprouting. The super-easy way to do it. 😎

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Im struggling with getting my seedlings to grow big in my solo cups. What can i do to help them grow bigger before i transplant them
They r in fox farm happy fog. They are several weeks old now.
20230822_010320.jpg