What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how do you get super stinky smelly weed?

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Allow me to apologize as well. We got all types here. Some are grumpy, some are sleepy, some are dopey ... We also have those who seem completely disinterested in doing the slightest amount of study before coming to class which bothers some more than others. You think Haps is something? You should've met the late TyStik.

pugnacious

For the last 4 years i've been using flavor enhancers like sweet(Botanicare) and sweet leaf(Advanced N) in my nute solution. My shit is always the stinkiest around . I recommend it to all my friends who grow. Mollasses works very well too but nothing i've used so far works as well as sweet especially if you are growing a really fruity strain like the grape skunk and grape god i've got going on now! I'm really suprised more people don't use this shit? :)

Anyone else use these products with the same results?

shifty

For dank stanky weed... just like everybody else here has stated, is primarily genetics. But be careful what you wish for! Some strains, even with odor control, can attract attention!

M

moses224

I use sugar daddy from veg to flush and same with mollases, u cant go wrong ....good vibes

shaman14

i think it is just the strain there are lots of products out there that claim to produce more fragrant flowers but i dunno if this works maybe sumone on here does

hazy

Veteran
Your weed's stinky or it's not. You may not be reaching the full potential of stinkyness and may be able to do this or that to help, but mainly you just need to come across a stinky strain.
I grew 7 NYCD girls out and one of them outshined them all in stinkyness. She reeks up the whole house when you open the jar. On the vine, or freshly dried. It tames down a might after a month's cure. You have to triple bag it to carry some outside, or everyone who's home will know what you're up to.

thirdeye

I've grown the same strain in a small room through all seasons and the strongest smelling batches have been the ones grown in the fall and spring when I can leave the windows partially opened more and a lot of fresh air is present. The blandest batches have been in the summer because of heat issues and dead of winter when the windows are mostly closed due to the cold temperatures. This unintended experiment showed me the value of proper ventilation.

raygun

I have found that its part strain, part growing and part drying process.
My sourbubble bx1 from BOG was stinky from harvest. However in the cooler months and a slower dry I found an enhanced flavor and smell profile to most herb that I have grown.

For instance I just harvested 2 [(sourbubble x petrol) x sourbubble] clones about 7-10 days apart. The 2nd plant I harvested had a slower drying, about 7+ days at about 75-77 degrees vs 3-4 days at 85+. Its been in the jar for only about 3-4 days and it smells way more than the first one I harvested even though the previously harvested on has been curing for longer.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I don't think you need a long cure to "turn up the volume" on your buds. I have grown ridiculously stinky herb that got no more than a quick three day dry on a wire rack and no cure at all. I think aroma has more to do with the strain and how well it is grown. The cure will bring out the subtleties of the aroma and get rid of that "grassy" smell, but it won't make your buds any stinkier than the day you harvested.

I have a cut of AK-47 that when grown well stinks so badly that even when double bagged can be smelled from across a good sized room. The first two times we grew it we had very healthy plants and the aroma was in full force. After that we went into summer and started having heat problems in the grow room. The plants were never as healthy as they were during the first two crops, and the aroma was never the same either. I have seen this same effect with other strains but never so dramatically. This AK-47 went from being the stinkiest weed in the room to having a merely average odor.

Healthy plants are stinky plants. Concentrate on growing the healthiest plants you can and the aroma you are looking for will follow.

I'll second this :)

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Get your chronic out of the "hot" closet. When weed is dried slowly over time all the pigments and starches are able to break down and disappear from the plant. To fast of drying causes all the chlorophyll to become trapped inside the buds,giving it that green taste or if not that then you get funny smelling or no smelling product. You want a smelly strain grow out Soma`s NYC diesel or Rez`s Sour Diesel...both stink really bad. Soma`s diesel stinks even in veg. Be
careful what you wish for man.

jocat

i just finished a couple of chesse plants and it's the stinkiest weed iv'e ever run across, everybody that smokes it wants more. the northern lights i run is smelly but when feed sweet for the last 4 weeks, 2 with nutes, 2 with the flush, it was a lemony yum, might try that.

rave420

most commercial growes i know here in Canada use Advanced Nutrients, and they have a specific product that makes the flavor and smell of the weed SO much more intense, and it actually works...
I really have no clue how that stuff works, but it somehow increases the essential oil / terpenoid production during the final 2 weeks or so, and it's not just marketing bullshit. A friend of mine grew using that stuff, and his weed didn't smell better or worse, it just smelled more intense. I was quite suprised.

there you go klick i have no association with them nor am i trying to push their products. I just actually know someone that had good results with their product line, and the product def. does what it is supposed to (read between all the marketing hype, they make OUTRAGEOUS claims and you're most likely going to be disappointed, but on a less extreme level, their products work very well.)

H

highsteppa

get a chem/sour cross or cut and find a stinker then make sure you don't chop too early, peace

Wait...What?

Veteran
step 1: wait until the plant is ripe before harvesting. just because the seed description says 9 weeks until harvest, that only means the average plant under average conditions grown by an average grower. They are in my limited experience, always optimistic.

Even without looking at trichomes, if you have very many white hairs, you're way too early. Once your plant is ripe, chop the thing off at the base. Hang *the whole plant, intact* upside-down for a week to ten days. Like one of the posters wrote earlier in the thread, I go to where the leaves are crunch and the stems kink but dont quite crack yet. Then I do my trimming. They should be mostly dry, but not crumble when you handle them. I then put them in regular mason canning jars. For the first two weeks I open the jars daily. After that, for the next two weeks, I open the jars every 5 days or so. Then I leave them alone for a month.

Take it slow. At every step along the way, when you think its ready, let it go a few more days. You will be rewarded.

From when to harvest, to drying, to curing...when you think its ready, let it go a few more days, then look again.