What's new

How do you cope with forced sobriety?

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I know exactly how you feel, HK. Since Silk Road went down I have had to face the reality that I can no longer medicate the headaches, much less do something positive on the wife's cancer. There is some talk that the governor is in favor of decriminalization here in Texas, but that is just talk at this point.

Hang in there and hope for better days!

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
get out of the house and away from the computer. this site aint the best place to forget about weed

This is good advice. I haven't run out since the 90s, but I've taken breaks over the years. Don't go on sites like this if you're on a break. Stay busy doing other things, and you'll get used to the new lifestyle. Come back later when you can get high again.

StayHigh149

Playing drums can put you in a nice trance. Even bongos.
:laughing:
Couldn't u have selected a different type of drum?

I've been on a break since 1/4/14. Will continure till 3/17/14, at least.

I;m out also but it works out well cuz I have this workers comp thang going on right now too, so the outage helps me b clean in case the decide to test me.

I do the same things just like always, cept I'm not smoking 3g's a day.
A "smoke buddy" at my job told me I'm like Denzel Washington in that movie "Flight"...I function better after smoking...when I come back from lunch, he just laughs cuz he already knows...

1 piece of advice, make sure to clone so when that 30 day mark of flower hits...u can start trimming the bottom scruff off 1 plant & just keep clipping off that 1 plant daily, as needed. Just look at it as she's just taking 1 for the team & since u have ur clones, it's no big deal.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eh...... You can either hang it up for 3 months and do other things to occupy your time. Read, workout, learn a new hobby or what I would probably end up doing after a month or so is call someone I know that has weed and purchase some. It won't be your homegrown, but it would catch you a buzz.

Ickis

Veteran
I usually circle my grow like a lion on the hunt and pick one from the herd. That is the one I start to pick at for the emergency quick dry bud smoke to keep me sane. Early clear trichs beat no smoke anytime for me.

I use to just call in some markers though. The people I saved can now save me.

StayHigh149

I usually circle my grow like a lion on the hunt and pick one from the herd. That is the one I start to pick at for the emergency quick dry bud smoke to keep me sane. Early clear trichs beat no smoke anytime for me.

:laughing:What he said. I do the same & I use a hair dryer for the quick dry

supermanlives

Veteran
probably force someone else to become sober.lol.......I needs my weed lol its been so long since it was even close to being an issue. I will let ya know in a couple months

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
suffering a severe case of influenza has made me not want to imbibe.

i'm even depressed enough to think about quitting to get a job...done thinking!

read some books, surf the net, exercise, all sound good until you realize those are all things you do when wasted...then it's focused on not having stash.

meditation will be your best bet.

condolences and godspeed.

supermanlives

Veteran
meditating at home blows ,come join my sorry ass on my favorite boulder in middle of stream lol the park an mountains aint bad either

DarthFader1

Veteran
Most of what i would have said has already been mentioned, but one thing not to do is sit around and lament about having no weed. Ive been in exactly the same boat since December, ive scraped everything and i do mean everything. Heck, i got a blister on my index finger from scraping my jars for finger hash ffs.

I would just echo what others have already said, get out and do some stuff, whatever interests you. Getting out in nature helps me alot, go and scout for some outdoor spots if that interests you.

And yeah, once you get to day 30 of flower you can start picking some lower popcorn for a quick fix. After a while its not a big deal at all i find, its more the first week or 2 that's hardest. Or do as superman says and become a raging alcoholic for 3 months; ive also done this i would not recommend it

darth

B

BredForMeds

I will let you know as it might happen to me soon ... the sorry as few tiny plants I got wont keep me going and my last lb is almost gone ,28 grams of hash reserved tho....

in the exact same boat.. harvest is 30-40 days out.. and im down to about 10 ozs.. and 30grams of bho.. and like 15 grams of high quality kief from great buds..

and a pound of roaches. LOL

it sucks.. everyone I know for buds moved out of state to Colorado or cali.. a few moved out to Canada.. and all the other growers I know don't care about quality.. they care bout yields of ok bud.. but nothing special.. it sucks a lot..

so im going to be sitting down.. and ripping apart a pound of roaches.. and rolling a bunch of joints.. and hoping to stay afloat for the next month or so .

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
A long time ago I realized I was always in your same position a lot, so I decided that it was a priority I stock up on buds just like groceries. I never go without. Right now I have
Green Ribbon
Chemdog
Sour Diesel
Grand Daddy Purps
Cheese
I use my bong and clean it daily with salt and iso
I can't remember the last time I went without. Its tough man.
Walk around bars and look and smell for people smoking or look like they smoke weed
Good luck my brother may the force be with you

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
Just smoke a joint, and relax. :)

This is actually a positive thing. Do you know how high you are going to get when you smoke after a 3 month break? :)
I know how you get after a 2 year break got laid off last may from my very nice paying job....was miserable now i'm happy as hell back growing I don't think i'll ever do that to my self again I was a real big asshole with family and friends I was tired most of the times working a 6-1 (six days on 1 day off) working 16+ hour days getting drunk everyday the life of an oil worker sucks outside the money...My old lady told me to just grow she sees how happy I am :tiphat:

mrcreosote

Veteran
I was doing ok turning tricks for old ladies I met at the supermarket to buy weed but then one old fuddy duddy turned me in...

I decided that keeping a mother for clones is less work than scragging desperate old bags that smell like onions.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
hi hempkat I don't envy you your situation ,but if you find other things to do the time will pass quickly and you will be back in front of the bong before you know it .if you can not wait ask a friend to loan you a little against your next harvest outside of that I can offer no other advice except find other things to do to fill your spare time with that will take your mind else where .good call on not getting the synto poison even if you could its not buds it chemicals and dangerous for the users aloha cls

Unfortunately I don't have any friends close enough to do that and here in my area lately there have been a fair amount of busts due to stuff in the mail being intercepted and so I'm wouldn't feel comfortable asking for it from friends who might be able to do it but would have to mail it because of distance. I especially don't want to ask anyone in places like Colorado or Washington. Those places are leading the country in the direction we all want to go and therefore I don't want to have anything to do with any activity that could slow or reverse the progress being made.

A lot of what happened in Cali with dispensaries being shut down was due to many of them going beyond what they were supposed to do by sending stuff out of state where it could bring in more money. I figure opponents of legalization are watching places like Colorado and Washington very closely looking for excuses to reverse the laws there.

HempKat

Veteran
Walk down to the nearest park or river and do your best to look forlorn.
The first person that asks you what the matter is will give you a bud or a joint.

In my area that would likely not yield the results one might expect but rather might have some thoughtful stranger relieving me of the burden of my wallet.

HempKat

Veteran
I was doing ok turning tricks for old ladies I met at the supermarket to buy weed but then one old fuddy duddy turned me in...

I decided that keeping a mother for clones is less work than scragging desperate old bags that smell like onions.

Well I keep Mothers, have been doing that ever since I started growing indoors. It definitely helps one by eliminating the need to germinate, veg and sex plants from seed. If you're out when you start a grow though that's a good 2 to 3 months before you have anything, depending on the strain.

Turning tricks for old ladies eh?......hmmmmm :)

DarthFader1

Veteran

:yoinks: Hmmm not sure if serious?