What's new

How do you clean ur hands after... ?

GReen dreAM

Veteran
Thank u guys !

Boxy Brown: what is that GOJO ?

I will like idea with latex gloves and the freazer, and I will check the oil for sure !!

Happy Harvest time for everyone !!

Take care and stay safe !!

B

Boxy Brown

gojo is a hand cleaner that has pumice in it, mechanics use it to get grease off there hands.

DM_GOJO.jpg

Hillbilly/Hippie Hand Scrub:
Mix
1/4 cup of sugar.
1 teaspoon of olive oil.

The sugar acts as the abrasive and the oils help to clean and moisturize your skin. This is an old recipe that is used in the south. I had never been inspired to use it on resins and oils until this thread ;-D.

I can see epsom salts doing a nice job, in place of the sugar. Either sugar or salt should offer their own benefits.

Great topic.

ebi

G

Guest 16149

This one may seem odd, but after I have gotten off all the finger hash I can rub off my hands, get ready for this :), I use some bacon grease the wife keeps on the stove, (grease is cold)just a very small amount and it will clean off any stickiness left very easily, no hard scrubbing, then just wash hands with regular dish soap to remove the bacon grease, no problem, easy solution :)
Hope it helps

You only need any veg oil or animal fat, anything oil based that you have to hand in the kitchen. The sticky resin is an oil based substance so any oil based substance will break it down and remove it from your hands.
The trick is not to get much resin on your hands, by handling the buds as little as possible and only holding the stem in your fingers.
Sticky hands is broken glands.
Happy trimming everybody.
HF

GReen dreAM

Veteran
Hello !

SO I have tried oil with sugar, which work properly, but anyway most of the job i have done with the gloves !!

Take care people !

xOOx

ok guys,

i guess i will share my secret with you! lol.

wash your hands with mayonnaise. not sure if miracle whip will work, but maybe. it just isn't a sandwich ..

wash them for maybe 20-30 seconds, your nails, etc.. rinse, then wash with regular dish soap to get the mayo smell off.

i have that mechanics soap too, and it doesn't work for my strain, it makes your hands smell pretty for about 5 minutes, and when the pretty smell wears off, the herb juice smell is back.

try mayo!

xoox

M

Microwido

I always use cheap rubber gloves. I read somewhere that THC is damaged by human skin contact, so I will always use rubber gloves. 10 pack for like $2.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Mr.Botanical said:
THC is alcohol soluble. Moisten your hands with alcohol and rub away. If you want to really get rid of the THC quickly, you can add something coarse to your hands like salt or sand to help pull the resin off your hands.

:yeahthats

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
upgradeshafted said:
i didnt read it somewhere like most of you...anything i say is from experience and not some bullshit i read or saw in a youtube video

Jesus every thread I read you're going off on people for the most mundane shit. If you spent half as much time smoking as you did talking shit I think you'd be a lot more relaxed.

Latex gloves + Freezer

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
bounty29 said:
Jesus every thread I read you're going off on people for the most mundane shit. If you spent half as much time smoking as you did talking shit I think you'd be a lot more relaxed.

Latex gloves + Freezer

Nicely put bounty, did you see what he posted in the flower pix of the month for march?

Originally Posted by upgradeshafted AKA Brainthor
truth be told i could do what half these chumps do and open another account and nominate myself

He probably deleted it but man what a pompous ass.

Last edited:
G

pilsenViper said:
I wash my hands prior to harvest .When I'm done I rub my hands together ,generate some heat and collect the tar that balls up.
Results in a few real nice "Gum" hits to reward me for my hard work
then clean with R-OH

QFT. :joint:

M

Microwido

I am sorry but if you do not use latex gloves you are wasting THC, plain and simply. This has got me rilled up lol :cuss:

But the good information obtained knowing that alcohol will clean your hands is use full.

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
Microwido said:
I am sorry but if you do not use latex gloves you are wasting THC, plain and simply. This has got me rilled up lol :cuss:

But the good information obtained knowing that alcohol will clean your hands is use full.

It seems to me that triches will stick to vinyl gloves just as easy as your hands. They arent like baggies, theres no static charge to pull off triches. So gloves are still better. Gosh i hope your still not "riled".

M

Microwido

The oil on your hands is what its sticks to. In the Grow Times guide of 1997 it had an article on how human contact can destroy Tricomes and degrade the THC. They said to ALWAYS use gloves when dealing with fresh buds if you wanted to keep them pristine. Obviously everyone is going to do what they want.