What's new

How do the big time(large volume growers) cure their buds?

B

Beerdo

picture.php

picture.php
:wave:

Well color me impressed I hadn't thought of using them as a drying chamber. More of a curing vessel. But that def looks like it would work very well. Well done.:tiphat:

Nickcorp187

I have found through "reading" that you should hang most of the large kolas use drying racks for the smaller buds. After the rh is around 55-60 percent put in paper grocery bags fill 1/3 of the way and check several times per day when buds get dry to the touch but are still springy cut off the buds from the larger stocks and start to cure in large glass jars. Large pickle jars work good just make sure you wash them good as you don't want your buds to taste like pickles.

Slangheat

This thread is about curing large volumes of herb... that leaf bag method just isn't realistic for this.

In the past I was a Ball/Kerr/etc jar type of guy, but I just have far too much for the jars nowadays. Like many here have already stated, I like the Reynold's Turkey Bags. I cure them in the bags and then for final storage I use vacuum sealed bags.

JWP

I nearly fell off my chair while having a laughing fit after looking at these images :biglaugh:
Overkill if ever i saw it. Whats that gona be dry? Like a quarter ounce? And its got the custom made bag with the custom hanging rack & exhaust system. Thats fkn awesome dedication :tiphat:
The big boys dont cure. Its sold before its grown. I assume the bud cures while in transit to the med clubs and while sitting in lock up.

excalibud7

I nearly fell off my chair while having a laughing fit after looking at these images :biglaugh:
Overkill if ever i saw it. Whats that gona be dry? Like a quarter ounce? And its got the custom made bag with the custom hanging rack & exhaust system. Thats fkn awesome dedication :tiphat:
The big boys dont cure. Its sold before its grown. I assume the bud cures while in transit to the med clubs and while sitting in lock up.
lol yes weed makes you create and it dried a whole lot of weed:jump:the pic had some test samples drying but i can fit a pound on that screen with buds on both sides and be smokin in 4 days the fan is for airflow and its on a timer set for one hour on one hour off..but i my self only dry then smoke it as time goes by it taste and smoke different which is cured in my book and its always killer...so let it dry and get high:wave:

bs0

Cure?
hahaha
Dry until bagable, then bag and GTFO.

You think that large scale growers want LB's of material on hand for weeks just to cure?

So they can goto federal prison?

C'mon now. Dry and sale is the name of the game.

baet

oven bags/turkey bags.

Turkey size oven bags can hold up to 3 #s ,large size oven bags do a single # perfect. Less porous than any kind of ziplock and can actually burp/cure. It's what you use. Most large scenes already have their stuff spoken for.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
They dont.Take a look at some regulars.Looks like shit.I really dont think that somebody growing 5000 plants is gonna be able to give each plant the care that a person who is growing 30 plants can.And if they hire enough people so they can....theft and all those people wages are gonna cut into the profit.

I think that might be the part that wont work for the rich who decide they are going to industrialize MJ.I sure hope so.

Bulldog11

Veteran
I think everybody here has forgotten about huge indoor grows. People are not going to spend 1000's on electricity, nutes and equipment and not cure their buds.

The answer is drying racks with screens and buds fully cured with no stems resting on these racks. Then the rooms humidity is set at 60% and herb sits for weeks. Then when the bud reaches 59% humidity the herb is bagged and tagged. Cures on delivery.

I am not 100% sure about this but I am setting up my new grow set up and I am going to incorporate a drying room just like explained above. I will open a thread in 4 months.