What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do I get my wax to crumble?

knubs

learn some reading comprehension buddy.

let me quote this all out for you then....

Honeycomb and wax are NOT the desired results of anyone who knows what they are doing. Wax or honeycomb means you left undesirables in your oil.
You missed the whole point of what I was trying to say, the CRAP that dude makes in a car is your precious honeycomb.

i thought wax was unpurged?

I am so sick of people wanting to ruin their oil. Keep that shit sexy. Honeycomb and wax are NOT the desired results of anyone who knows what they are doing. Wax or honeycomb means you left undesirables in your oil.

^^^ and yup.... there it is.

hammalamma

Veteran
let me quote this all out for you then....

i thought wax was unpurged?

^^^ and yup.... there it is.
No not unpurged, not purged properly. They are two different things. Water and butane will purge itself out given enough time and temp. Purging is getting moisture out also, not just butane. Leaving either of those in your oil and it will wax up after time. You idiots who make budder/wax/honeycomb are just making your erl deteriorate faster. Have fun smoking all that waxy goodness!!!

If I am so wrong then tell me what makes oil wax up Mr. science.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Hammalamma - I get your against honey comb, but please tell us what you consider the best and most pure hash is without using water as your solvent? What is the solvent you use? How do you purge? What does the finished product look like?

In addition to shooting down our ideas, please tell us the errors of our ways. I am not being sarcastic at all either, please help us out.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
wow there sure are a ton of "only my way works" people in here holy hell lol. I thought this was a forum to help fellow growers and smokers?

Vac purge and whip works for me and personally while I love bho or any oil for that matter I HATE working with it especially in a group setting. Being able to toss a chunk of wax is best because one thing I have learned is many smokers have ZERO clue how to smoke extracts and tend to tamp/dab with their finger or a lighter and end up jacking up the whole rotation lol.

I feel wax is easier in social settings and oil is for myself at home dabbin away.

I like a simple vac purge and whip with a toothpick until I get bored or too stoned to care anymore.

hashcat88

im with hammalamma 100% on this

this whole wax/honeycomb fad is such bullshit, and really irritating because of the fact that so many smokers are being misinformed by idiots and perpetuating that mis-information

wax/honeycomb IS AN INFERIOR PRODUCT. it has much more surface area exposing much more of the oil to oxygen and light. Your cannabinoids and terpenes will NO DOUBT degrade faster in wax/honeycomb form that a hard sap/shatter.

the ultimate product is TOTALLY CLEAR sap or shatter like oil. this means you have gotten the impurities removed to the point where your sample is visibly clear, like you can scan a fucking barcode through it.

Now that said, wax/honeycomb CAN be good, if you start with such a product as which I just described (clear sap/shatter) But it is still the same product, just with air whipped into to make it waxy. Is that any better??? NO

what would you rather smoke??

this?

ScreenShot2011-12-23at85811AM.png

12-17-11---Michigan-Finest---5-Strain-BHO.jpg

or this????

IMG_20120820_071835.jpg

p9R4N.jpg

My final arguement:

What we are extracting is resin. Trichomes are fucking sticky. If you honestly think sticky/soft oil is like that because of water/butane you are grossly mistaken. It is soft and sticky because all of the terpenoids are still in tact and have not been cooked/whipped away.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Maybe I should smoke both and tell you then, jk.

When I make my butter oil, it is always with fresh material. If I try to make oil out of something a year old, it never butters. Can you guys get any material to wax up?

Hashcat - I like your finished product, but how do you get to that stage? No heat, only vac? No whip like you said right? What vag purger do you use?

Edit: Another thing, what are those bubbles in your oil? When I make shatter I always think those bubbles are tang stuck.

hashcat88

those are not my samples, but all the oil i make looks exactly like that (the clear ones)
yes i can get any oil to crumble, as long as it has not yet been decarboxylated

scrape from pyrex onto parchment paper, vac at 120deg F for several pulls until oil stops bubbling. bam, done. no whipping, no waiting.

i use to think the same thing about the bubbles, however those are simply air bubbles trapped from transferring the oil. after vaccing it is in a big thin circle and i like to fold it back on itself untill its a square, thus trapping some air bubbles. before folding the oil up, it is completely clear and free of bubbles.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
crumble? ask who?

crumble means its dry and old, like a cookie

dry- no shit

old- lots of air has been passed through and then taken out of it.

LOl good news ya'll

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Maybe I should smoke both and tell you then, jk.

When I make my butter oil, it is always with fresh material. If I try to make oil out of something a year old, it never butters. Can you guys get any material to wax up?

Hashcat - I like your finished product, but how do you get to that stage? No heat, only vac? No whip like you said right? What vag purger do you use?

Edit: Another thing, what are those bubbles in your oil? When I make shatter I always think those bubbles are tang stuck.

dude you totally know they are tane... people won't want to hear it, but even really good oil will purge itself over months adding new bubbles now and then if you had a big enough batch

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
im with hammalamma 100% on this

this whole wax/honeycomb fad is such bullshit, and really irritating because of the fact that so many smokers are being misinformed by idiots and perpetuating that mis-information

wax/honeycomb IS AN INFERIOR PRODUCT. it has much more surface area exposing much more of the oil to oxygen and light. Your cannabinoids and terpenes will NO DOUBT degrade faster in wax/honeycomb form that a hard sap/shatter.

the ultimate product is TOTALLY CLEAR sap or shatter like oil. this means you have gotten the impurities removed to the point where your sample is visibly clear, like you can scan a fucking barcode through it.

Now that said, wax/honeycomb CAN be good, if you start with such a product as which I just described (clear sap/shatter) But it is still the same product, just with air whipped into to make it waxy. Is that any better??? NO

what would you rather smoke??

this?

View Image

View Image

or this????

View Image

View Image

My final arguement:

What we are extracting is resin. Trichomes are fucking sticky. If you honestly think sticky/soft oil is like that because of water/butane you are grossly mistaken. It is soft and sticky because all of the terpenoids are still in tact and have not been cooked/whipped away.

Even after 6 hours, vac purge in the sun, I cant get it like that last pic...

For some reason, I get a much pure product, just purging in the sun, no vac needed..

hashcat88

kb, just wondering, what do you consider "a much pure product"? properly made clear oils taste EXACTLY like the buds they were extracted from but stronger, and also have very little harshness.

i have smoked plenty of smooth easy on the throat waxes, but most of them have been completely void of any real flavor other than hashiness

anyone interested in making extremely high quality hash oil should head over to the hash and oil section at tokecity, that is where (i believe) the best oil is being made hands down, in real life or online.

edit: it is possible to get the totally clear sap just using the sun and no vac, it just takes a while. i use a 3cfm 25micron vac pump and 9" bel-art dessicator chamber. Put the parchment w/ oil on top of a pre-heated tile to 120f, and pull a vac for 5-10min, repeat 3-5 times. Sometimes, it helps to put the oil in the oven your using to heat your tile for JUST A FEW seconds, to help liquify the surface of the oil and break any tension. you want your oil to be constantly bubbling and viscous, if it freezes up at any point during the vac, you should re-heat it until its near liquid again (never going over 120f)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
kb, just wondering, what do you consider "a much pure product"? properly made clear oils taste EXACTLY like the buds they were extracted from but stronger, and also have very little harshness.

i have smoked plenty of smooth easy on the throat waxes, but most of them have been completely void of any real flavor other than hashiness

anyone interested in making extremely high quality hash oil should head over to the hash and oil section at tokecity, that is where (i believe) the best oil is being made hands down, in real life or online.

edit: it is possible to get the totally clear sap just using the sun and no vac, it just takes a while. i use a 3cfm 25micron vac pump and 9" bel-art dessicator chamber. Put the parchment w/ oil on top of a pre-heated tile to 120f, and pull a vac for 5-10min, repeat 3-5 times. Sometimes, it helps to put the oil in the oven your using to heat your tile for JUST A FEW seconds, to help liquify the surface of the oil and break any tension. you want your oil to be constantly bubbling and viscous, if it freezes up at any point during the vac, you should re-heat it until its near liquid again (never going over 120f)

I get almost sap, just sun purging...

With the vac, still honeycomb and little sizzle....

If i sun vac, then sun purge, I get a more pure product...

hammalamma

Veteran
Sun purge first, still in the catch pan{thin film purge}, to get moisture out. Then scrape and vac purge to get the tane out. Best way to purge IMO.

Zdub7k

Im getting nice shatter oil and I do like it..but that wasnt the point of the thread damn it.....I want to make budder...the waxy shit, I dont care if anybody thinks its inferior, or not...I want to find out for myself..thanks for the input folks and Im sure my best interest is at heart. I really want to know how to make the cakey waxey stuff..not to mention..the budder king has wax or budder that tests at over 99%

jump117

Veteran
Quit being a pussy.:thank you:
Hey hammalamma! Please do not take the name of Pussy in vain! Reminds me recent Pussy Riots tragedy…

Hammalamma - I get your against honey comb, but please tell us what you consider the best and most pure hash is without using water as your solvent?
What does the finished product look like?
Hey OrganicBuds!
I have nothing against honey comb. Moreover, they can be remarkably beautiful, such as -
And I've heard that this form is more in demand in the commercial aspect.

But in my opinion the most pure, stable and convenient form is Absolute Amber.

I tried to make budder from AA, but without success.
I think that honeycomb also will not produce, because occurrence of these forms involved residual butane and possibly also other components that AA is completely cleared.

Hey Zdub7k! I'm sorry.:thank you:

hammalamma

Veteran
Im getting nice shatter oil and I do like it..but that wasnt the point of the thread damn it.....I want to make budder...the waxy shit, I dont care if anybody thinks its inferior, or not...I want to find out for myself..thanks for the input folks and Im sure my best interest is at heart. I really want to know how to make the cakey waxey stuff..not to mention..the budder king has wax or budder that tests at over 99%

I knew that was coming. Budderking is a phony and so is the dude who tested his shit, urban legend dude.This has been discussed many times before.
The highest percentages are going to come from absolute amber
picture.php

or thc acetate, courtesy of Gray Wolf
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5027324&postcount=4
That shit is way over my head I will leave that one to the pros.:tiphat:

Zdub7k

that looks like the stuff I make...I let it sit on the hot plate for about 5 or 6 hours at 115 F........and it comes out looking just like that, sexy oil as we call it here

montroller

For those of you not using a vac that still want that crumble, you can use a food dehydrator as well. Just purge like you normally would until you are sure it is ready to smoke then scrape it to a brick onto parchment. Wrap it up and put it in the dehydrator. I start at 125 and give it an hour, some strains will be done some will have done nothing. If it is still sap I raise the temp to 135 and go for another hour. Some strains need to be whipped before all of this or they won't ever go crumbly.

Honestly though doing this process is just a way to quickly degrade the product until it is easy to handle. It would most likely do this if stored improperly for an extended period of time. You will lose flavor no matter what.

Latest posts

Latest posts