What's new

How do I get bigger bushier plants during veg ??

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Give some details

Give some details

What are you feeding them and how often? Feed about half of whatever you are using suggests and ph up with protekt. When you first up pot in coco I have best results if I water heavy the first day then let them go a few days and feed 1/2 container volume and then go 4-7 days really letting it dry all the way out, every container might be different. Pick them up and feel them, don't just look at them, dry is very lightweight. I like it hot and humid in veg. 80-85 degrees and 70-75% humidity. That first week I will also foliar feed rhizotonic or similar a couple times. Remember you are growing roots in veg. Cmh 315s seem to be beating everything in veg for me. I just pinch the tops and lightly bend branches out. Try to get 10 tops per container and I do 9 per 1000 and the 5x5 trellis is full.

O

OG Tree Grower

Vertical lighting will grow nice full plants the way they naturally grow, without the stress and slow growth topping or training causes

I think the rooms getting abit hot I need to flip them soon but I don't want to do it to soon. The last 4 dayside been feeding them just water about 500m to 1ltr depending on how dry they are every 2 days. I'm jut using basic ionic grow nothing else.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Vertical lighting will grow nice full plants the way they naturally grow, without the stress and slow growth topping or training causes

i'm gonna go ahead and disagree. i've done both vert and horizontal. while vert does do wonders for flower. it's not good in veg. plants all grow lopsided cuz there's only light on one side. then you gotta flip the plant around the other way to get the other side to catch up, the first side meanwhile is not stopping. eventually it's a lot of work to me when i could just put the light at the top encouraging all the branches to grow up and not down or to the side reaching for the light source.

O

OG Tree Grower

That works well if you have 4 plants under 1000w until the plant is 32" tall, then they stretch out , and if you turn your plant every watering it doesn't grow lop sided or if you run a few lights in pattern you don't have to turn the plant at all. But yes there are many ways to skin a cat

I would be checking my pH pen to see if it is calibrated properly. One important note about topping, do it at the fourth or fifth node to really get them bushing out. Almost every beginner tops way too late. The plant should be less than 5-6 inches tall when topped. Do it only once. FIM is good for some cultivars, but with most it's not needed, just a normal topping at the right age will give you plants shaped like basketballs when they are short. Also keep in mind that there are lots of single cola type plants that just won't bush under any circumstances. They might give you 2,3,or, 4 colas when topped, instead of one, but some just won't do it. I agree with the big light and big pots as well. Friends that veg under t5 are really missing out on the impressive rate of growth, and the thick branches that an HID light will give. I prefer metal halide. Good luck..

Latest posts

Latest posts