What's new

How do I fix badly cured bud?

RealityCheck

I have some NL#5xShiva from Gypsy. This stuff is great for helping me get to sleep. Three hits and I can barely move even though it's my understanding it usually has a different effect.

My problem is that this is super harsh stuff. I've been using the jar curing method and my bud is usually very smooth but I screwed up on this one some how.
Due to a mold problem I lost most of the bud I grew from this plant and have one pint jar left. It is very dry and very harsh to the point that one toke has me gagging and coughing.
What can I do to make the remaining bud more user friendly?
Thanks.
RC

Neuronaut

put it in a baggy or jar with a little piece of bread or an orange peel over night and that will add a little moister to it... i don't know if it will make it less harsh though.

Dr. D

Veteran
cucumber or lettuce wud do the job better than bread....but personally if i was using it for sleep then iso it or bubble it and make some pokey hashish

RealityCheck

Thanks for the responses, so that's two votes for rehumidifying and redrying and two for giving up on it and making hash... which I've never done. lol
Though I've read about a few methods of making hash, most are reserved for trim and leaves not bud. I would prefer to keep it in bud form, so at this point i'm leaning towards the former.
Any other suggestions?

G

Those guys have got the right idea...

I was just going to suggest smoking out of a water pipe or bong, maybe that would lessen some of the harshness :chin: ?

Good Luck, anyhow :wave:

G

A stormy day is good for this sort of thing. When the humidity is pushing into the high 90s. I put it on a metal tray and spread it out good. Put the tray near an open window and let it stay as long as the humidity is up or about 24 hours. Then get it back in the jar. It'll take a couple of days for the harhness to lessen, but it will.

RealityCheck

Well, just to let you know a water pipe does almost nothing for helping this stuff. I'm going to try one of these methods today and see what happens. Thanks for the help.
:)

JetUsUp

some people will say that fan leaves remoisten and it might lessen the harshness.
and yes, you can use bud for hash.

I take it you are primarily smoking this to fall asleep, and are not too concerned with preserving the taste. In that case, I suggest you water cure it.

Rodriguez

not too sure about weed, but i know my old man used to rehydrate his baccy pouch with a slice of potato peel..

G

Rodriguez:
A fresh cut pot leaf works best in my opinion. Stick it in a mason jar with the bud, keeping adding more as it dries out until your weed gets fluffly again. I've used that method a couple of times when I didn't get my stash put in jars quick enough.

Iceberg lettuce works ok too because it doesn't change the flavor or odor much. Lemon and orange peel are great if you want a little of that smell in the herb.

Don't let it get too wet again though, it will still mold if conditions are right.

Hope that helps.
Be Safe...
DKF

G

I've seen mold grow in a matter of hours if the conditions are right...like in a warm, moist, air tight jar with no light! Mold is the enemy.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
firstavailable said:
I take it you are primarily smoking this to fall asleep, and are not too concerned with preserving the taste. In that case, I suggest you water cure it.
There's your answer. Water cure will fix badly cured or badly dried, or badly flushed bud. it will destroy the taste and smell though, not always a bad thing when dealing with poorly handled bud.

yup.

Also, you will most likely find increased potency in direct proportion to decreased yield.

You are not really losing or gaining any "active ingrediant" here. Just reducing the inactive byproducts that you would have otherwise smoked. This is a good thing.