What's new

How different are your smoking habits now compared to 10, 20 or 30 years ago?

T

tropicannayeah

Any 60, 70 or 80 year old smokers out there?

How different are your smoking habits now compared to 10 or 20 years ago?

bigAl25

Veteran
What's changed is I no longer buy ganja from anyone. Hell, even if I travel to Colorado this summer to visit friends I will bring my own organically grown, properly flushed SSSDH by SC, strawberry bubba kush(OGR), white jones by ? along with us. I know it is a travel risk, but it still may be better than what's available in the Colorado shops, or maybe not. I'll tell you what is a hoot now, collecting social security and growing your own. Someday maybe all 50 states will end the drug war, pardon possession arrested individuals, and foster a friendly less violent alcohol oriented culture. Stoners are so much more fun than drunks. I'm talking sativa stoners. Indica stoners don't engage you socially as much. Ganja was meant to enhance life pleasures. I do understand the need for indica to help with medical issues. Old timers, me especially, want a return to the energy, enhancement type sativas. Bring back that great Colombian, hell even Mexican used to be a great up buzz. I do believe we use much more carefully as we age, at least I do. Peace and respect MON. Yeah and I also want some real lambs bread to smoke on the beach in Negril soon come MON.

Runt

From 16-22 it was bagweed and hasch, then a 25 year break and now it´s smoke/eat/drink/vape everyday (I´m 55).

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
in the good ole' days it was a group thing.... big circle of kids @ the "deadend"...
nowadays it's a Solo Session on the patio....

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't make much sense of the dab scene, nor kids runnin round with their britches hanging down their ass.
I get so fuckin loaded nowadays, where back 35 to 25 yrs ago.
I had no limit, and seemed I couldn't get high.
I would have been a wasted dabber back then.
Nowadays, I can't handle a dab, gets me over baked, feeling uncomfortable.

Back in the day, bought 10 kilo bags of mexi brown weed for $4000.
Would clean 90% of the seed and stem out.
Make it look better than the other mexi brown around.

Would get the occasional "green bud" and started growing it so I could have all I wanted.
Hash, both blonde and black were the shit back then.
Nowadays the kids don't even know what hash is or how it was part of the culture.
Things have deff changed, both the culture and quality of the weed are different.

vostok

Veteran
As per the guys ^^^ above, I quit the cigs/joints use a pipe and constantly breaking bongs ...lol, unlike many I'm fearful of the future.

In the UK before Holland we bought bags of hemp seeds, grew them out and selected our own high THC strains to breed with, then Holland got legal and was a simple method to cross breed them strains to get more THC.

I see the medical benefits of cannabis now, didn't before, many my age creek when they walk I don't,, maybe its the thc in my joints ...????

Starmstr

How different are my habits?
1 I still hide it from my mom.
2 I have more to loose.
3 I still enjoy it as much as I did when I was 13. Which is over 30 years ago.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
45 years ago when I started, a nickel was a $5 matchbox full of deseeded Mexican brick weed that you had to smoke all of to get high. now, it is from $50 to $100 of some of the sweetest smelling sticky-ass domestic that I ever dreamed of, which I can get a buzz off of by unrolling the bag & smelling it...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I used to smoke it all, now its prime or I don't waste my time.

I normally don't smoke other folks wares, unless
Its a buddy I trust his growing skills.

Like what someone said above too, lot more to lose.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
i still smoke 5-6 joints a day, in my 50's same as when I was 20. I never liked pipes and still prefer a joint to dabs or other concentrates unless I'm having heath issues with lots of pain.

mostly I appreciate the access that prop 215 gives me when in cali to so much variety.
to feel well medicated I need 5-6 different strains a day and to change those up. I like speedy sativas in the morning and heavy kush at night.

I find most strains are things I wouldn't reach for again unless I was dry and there are a small handful that are so much better for my head that I never want anything else.

orev

i'm from israel
10 years ago a Kilo of shitty Sinai Landrace weed full of seeds would cost you 300 NIS (75$ back then)
and a 100 grams hash brick would cost about 600-800 NIS

nowdays weed and hash are so hard to get... you need to be like a detective to get some...
1 gram of weed costs about 100 NIS ( about 35$ now)
and a 100 gram hash brick costs about 6400 NIS ( about 2100$ now)

i'd say my smoking habits have gone drasitcly down...

justpassnthru

Veteran
:chin:The big change from 30 years ago is;
I have become a medical user..I much preferred being a party user!
Never thought I'd ever say, I don't care for the high, symptom management is high enough for me. :jump: jpt

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well the big change from 50 years ago is ... ahhh dammit what were we talking about ?