What's new

How close is TOO close?

P

PFCruz

I like to get my light close to the canopy. At what point do the plants start to suffer from light bleaching? My last round had some bleaching of the leaves but the buds seemed fine.

thanx :joint:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
With good air flow between the plants and the light, a GOOD aircooled light fixture, I keep my 600w 10-12'' above the plants with no problem.

G

Heat is usually more of an issue than light intensity, but if you start seeing bleaching on the leaves, you've got the light too close.

yeah i agree , light intensity is a secret killer to a cannabis plant

pay close attention to the leaves , if you see yellowing fast , then the light is probably to intense .. raise it another 30 cms

some strains can take intense light & some cant , especially strains with very thin leaves

peace

Cheeba

How would this affect the yield and taste? Just curious but does this only apply to MH/HPS bulbs? Or is this in combination with heat and light? I'm guessing that because you're able to bring those lights close without bringing the heat to the buds, you must have some good airflow/vent system.
Thanks

P

PFCruz

If I were growing outdoors wouldn't the leaves fade naturally. The pic of the month shows some fading ,I think it was grown outside{it's nice}. If the light is closer to some buds wouldn't they fade during flower more then the other buds? Heat is not an issue. Many fans in use.

Glass on hood is just warm. I like the faster growth , but when do the buds suffer?Thanx :joint: