What's new

How cannabis has helped me

EsterEssence

Veteran
I have been using some form of cannabis over the past 50 years, lately as I have been getting older I have developed some medical issues. I have hypertension, neuropathy, and I make to many red blood cells, which means I need to be bled every month. I got a new cardiologist who suggested that I have a pacemaker implanted to help my heart rhythm because of a-fib. Both making to many red blood cells and a-fib can be caused by sleep apnea and low heart rate. I have made a cannabis oil from tumbled cannabis, “kief” “hash powder” which ever you like to call it. I use grain alcohol “everclear” and soak, and cook off the oil, I take the oil and mix it 5g with 13g of mct oil and make drops from it. I tried it off and on at night but couldn’t get past the cotton mouth. Finally I decided I have to sleep better so I started using the oil every night, After a month and the pacemaker I no longer need to be bled, my a-fib is gone, and I sleep all night. I could probably take some other sleep aid that might help me sleep all night but I have tried all the over the counter natural sleep aids and none have worked, and I already take enough pills for my neuropathy and my pain management dr is cool with the cannabis oil. So If the only side effect is cottonmouth and I don’t have to go to two Doctors, and I can organically grow and make the medicine i’m all in…

Cuddles

I have been using some form of cannabis over the past 50 years, lately as I have been getting older I have developed some medical issues. I have hypertension, neuropathy, and I make to many red blood cells, which means I need to be bled every month. I got a new cardiologist who suggested that I have a pacemaker implanted to help my heart rhythm because of a-fib. Both making to many red blood cells and a-fib can be caused by sleep apnea and low heart rate. I have made a cannabis oil from tumbled cannabis, “kief” “hash powder” which ever you like to call it. I use grain alcohol “everclear” and soak, and cook off the oil, I take the oil and mix it 5g with 13g of mct oil and make drops from it. I tried it off and on at night but couldn’t get past the cotton mouth. Finally I decided I have to sleep better so I started using the oil every night, After a month and the pacemaker I no longer need to be bled, my a-fib is gone, and I sleep all night. I could probably take some other sleep aid that might help me sleep all night but I have tried all the over the counter natural sleep aids and none have worked, and I already take enough pills for my neuropathy and my pain management dr is cool with the cannabis oil. So If the only side effect is cottonmouth and I don’t have to go to two Doctors, and I can organically grow and make the medicine i’m all in…

I used weed to treat my insomnia as a student. That´s when I realized that cannabis was a actually a real medicine. I only smoked a little spliff and I´d go to sleep with a smile on my face :)

EsterEssence

Veteran
I vape and inhale rosin during the day and at night I use the sublingual drops to sleep, my oil has been tested at around 75-80% thc very low cbd, not sure about the terpene content as it is usually a mixture of cannabis varieties. Unfortunately the cost of testing makes it cost prohibitive. I have tried edibles but they don’t agree with me. I realize this isn’t scientific and most people would poo poo the oil because it is dark but this is how we have done it sense the 70’s and how we did it in Nepal so it is what I know…

armedoldhippy

Veteran
good pot is both useful for pain relief & helps me sleep. before i retired, my arthritis hurt my shoulders so bad that rolling over in my sleep would wake me up. i'd sit out on the patio & burn a few one hits & go back to bed, no sweat. most doctors here don't want to talk about it, but their assistants tell me "if it helps YOU, do it..."

Latest posts

Latest posts