What's new

how can you make seeds to plant from ssh

edgar

hello every one if a preson buy two packs of ssh from mr nice is it possible to plant these seeds to make seeds to plant the next season . are they any way this would work or what way could be done the have good seeds to plant i need alot of seeds and it cost to much to buy these seeds from a seed company . some one give me some help ok

With 83 posts I'm surprised you havent found the whole section on breeding. There's a number of ways to get seed...pick your poison!

RolandHeadless

I thought there was only one way to make seeds: introduce male pollen to the female flowers.

When your plants show sex, save the best-looking male. If possible, isolate it from the female plants under it's own light. The male plant's pollen pods will swell and burst, spilling their pollen. You'll know when this happens because there will be a spill of yellow dust on the leaves below the pods. This should happen well before your females are done flowering.

Collect some of the pollen with a Q-tip and apply to the female flowers. If you want to make a LOT of seeds, collect the pollen on a sheet of paper and blow it onto the plant. Wait about a month for the seeds to develop, before harvesting the female plants. Allow seeds to dry out thoroughly (a month or two) before planting.

Roland

Gert Lush

Veteran
edgar said:
hello every one if a preson buy two packs of ssh from mr nice is it possible to plant these seeds to make seeds to plant the next season.
One thing you have to remember is that your seeds will be F2 effectively, so there will be quite a lot of variation among the individual plants - much more than you'd get from a straight pack. Also some individuals will be poor, but others might be excellent! You'll have to search, if you want to mess with F2s.

One of my best plants ever was an F2, as was one of the worst I ever grew! Both from the same batch!

If you want more regularity, perhaps you should look at a more true-breeding strain than SSH, which is already a 4-way polyhybrid, I think. But as someone already commented, you'd be better off asking this in the "Breeding" section.

G

i made seeds frome my kalimist seeds from serious and i just grew some from the batch and the 2 that i grew was great frosty and i think its a polyhybrid,i will have to search more to find the right pheno to clone and cross with other strains but hell you will have some good genetics for future grows and mr nice ssh i am going to buy those soon as i get the cash.

I'd buy two different strains. SSH and a nice fast flowering sativa to cross it with. take your best male from each and breed it with the best mom of the other. the plants from your seeds will probably/might be more uniform than the f2's of ssh by itself. It's always fun to grow out new crosses that you've made too. you never know, you might just create something special. just my opinion
good luck with your breeding project.

l33t

Veteran
What you have to do is :

Buy ssh from MrNice , then get some c99 f2's , grow them and use the c99 as male , ssh as female . I am saying this because you may not be able to know which ssh male is good . c99 is more stable than ssh , so more or less all the c99 males will be equal .

I would imagine that a SSH male crossed to c99 female would give better results , as haze passes it's qualities better to the progeny if used as a male parent .

If you do want to use SSH as a male plant , use the fastest and one that you like the structure and smell . Look for resin production as well and don't hesitate to smoke the male flowers if you let them mature enough , you can always make hash to concentrate it . You must have very low tolerance to understand the effects though ...

c99 male x SSH female may work equally as good though .

Whether you use SSH as a male or female plant you will have a quite uniform progeny because of the different genetics between ssh and c99 .

Having said that I would prefer SSH f2's ... but only if I did a good selection for the parents used and then again I would be prepared for diversity in the population . It depends on what you want to achieve . If you are not prepared to find some long finishers and maybe some weak plants then I would use c99 as one parent ....

L33t.

Last edited:
G

shanti lists ssh as a "complex hybrid" of skunk NL and Haze. a 3 way cross of 3 way crosses ?? I'm guessin at that but if I'm right That's a Double Triple ... isn't that like a Moozin Goocher or a Jinx? ... ssh IS powerful mojo ... you'll be trapped in a sweet hazy skunkified fog fo sho ... weed which You certainly won't need to spray with anything to make it smell better ... if you let it finish.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
WeedWrapperMan said:
shanti lists ssh as a "complex hybrid" of skunk NL and Haze. a 3 way cross of 3 way crosses ?? I'm guessin at that but if I'm right That's a Double Triple ... isn't that like a Moozin Goocher or a Jinx? ... ssh IS powerful mojo ... you'll be trapped in a sweet hazy skunkified fog fo sho ... weed which You certainly won't need to spray with anything to make it smell better ... if you let it finish.
but i love sprayin my buds to smell better :puppydoge

:biglaugh:

ssh is good :smile:

G

cmon kids

he's asking if you can make seeds from cannabis plants.....

the answer is YES, just leave the males and females together and once they both finish flowering, your females will be pollinated and will have produced seeds........if you let the plants finish....

ok ok......i give in

i guess it could be in the breeders forum if you complicated the question into asking about the stability of the resultant f2's.......but this cat just seems to want a bunch of seeds.

G

I kinda helped by looking up the description of ssh ... Hit the link Irish ... funny stuff.

I'll leave you alone now edgar.

G

true true weedwrapperman :biglaugh:
definitely can't argue with ya there.............:wink:

This shit is toooooo funny :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

edgar my man, I forsee troubled times in your future!!!

crystal_ball.jpg

G

l33t said:
What you have to do is :

Buy ssh from MrNice , then get some c99 f2's , grow them and use the c99 as male , ssh as female . I am saying this because you may not be able to know which ssh male is good . c99 is more stable than ssh , so more or less all the c99 males will be equal .

I would imagine that a SSH male crossed to c99 female would give better results , as haze passes it's qualities better to the progeny if used as a male parent .

If you do want to use SSH as a male plant , use the fastest and one that you like the structure and smell . Look for resin production as well and don't hesitate to smoke the male flowers if you let them mature enough , you can always make hash to concentrate it . You must have very low tolerance to understand the effects though ...

c99 male x SSH female may work equally as good though .

Whether you use SSH as a male or female plant you will have a quite uniform progeny because of the different genetics between ssh and c99 .

Having said that I would prefer SSH f2's ... but only if I did a good selection for the parents used and then again I would be prepared for diversity in the population . It depends on what you want to achieve . If you are not prepared to find some long finishers and maybe some weak plants then I would use c99 as one parent ....

L33t.

here is an example of SSH (Mr Nice F1 female) x C99 Brothers Grimm f2 males

peace