What's new

How can I find my new roommate safley?

I'm generally more liberal than most here regarding the living your life vs being a paranoid grower scale that we all must weigh. That said, I think growing with new people is unbelievably fucking retarded. You have enough cash to start a grow operation and fund it, but you can't sling a zip a month to cover the roommate cost? Dude I'm a fucking full-fledged Jew and I'm laughing at how cheap you are. You don't need to be Pablo Escobar here. It's 300 dollars a month, dude. I mean, really? that's gonna break you? Sell your blood plasma or something. Become a vegetarian. Quit smoking if you smoke. etc.

This is ungodly dumb behavior, but if you insist, go to 420roomates.com, or just check craigslist for roommates with "420" in the search box. Most will say straight up if they are 420 friendly.

Don't fucking do this, guy...

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
problem
I have no clue how to find a new roommate for this house. I can't afford it on my own and I'll never get this amount of space this cheap again. It

solution
The city is close, the hydro store is close and best of all, A SHIT TON OF GROW/BREED SPACE.

where do you find a 5 bedroom house for 1350? Here in NYC a walk-in closet with a bathroom is around $1k/mo

David762

What country | state are you located in?

What country | state are you located in?

I guess I should also say that I figure since I have the time, if I find some candidates soon enough, I can hang out with them for a while before I have to actually bring them to the house. My thought is that if it is another grower they will be less likely to steal from me. Less likely, not won't. I know there is risk.

What country | state are you located in? Your location, above 5,000 feet elevation, sounds an awful lot like snow country, wherever it is. It also sounds like you're going to vacate your current digs in 3 - 4 months, which doesn't inspire any kind of longer term "fellowship of the flower" relationship.

If it's a matter of sharing expenses, that should be stated out front & those expenses might make a difference in who you might find suitable. Restricting your candidate to another grower might be preferable to a (current) State-legal MMJ cardholder, who could turn out to be a "leech". There is always a measure of risks & rewards in any house-mate consideration ... YMMV.

WTF? $1350.00 per month for a 5 bedroom house sounds pretty good -- a real opportunity. Another poster here mentioned selling a few Zs per month to make up for you losing your house-mate -- that's not really such a bad idea, except for the obvious potential down-side. Not to be a shite about it, but what country | state are you located in? (If it's CA, and you don't mind an old fart left-wing anarchist, give me a PM -- I just relocated to CA and am looking for a house to rent.)

lol, or get your neighbor to move in with you. seems you already know eachother's business well enough.

if you can get the 80 year old to move in too you won't have to worry about getting a pet either

I bet she is heaven on her knees when she takes the dentures out :blowbubbles:

eyes

Veteran
"So what are my best options here? Any thoughts? I don't have to move for about 4 months. Also, maybe this sounds dumb, but has anyplace like IC ever thought about forming a space to facilitate growers finding roommates who also grow in the legal states? I only want a grower/patient as a roommate. Just a thought."

That would be a nice thought.

Hashpipe83

what about this guy he'd make a great roommate , just look at those sweet puppy dog eyes

110110_HL_Loughner-mugshot_TN.jpg

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
know them your whole life,
oh and you can't do shit safely with somebody else involved,
would you trust your girlfriend,
didn't think so

good luck, whatever that means

ddrew

Veteran
What country | state are you located in? Your location, above 5,000 feet elevation, sounds an awful lot like snow country, wherever it is. It also sounds like you're going to vacate your current digs in 3 - 4 months, which doesn't inspire any kind of longer term "fellowship of the flower" relationship.

.)

I'm trying to think of a med state with a ghetto 5000 feet above sea level.
Where else can you rent a 5 bedroom for 1350 a month but the ghetto?

It would be nice if the OP would come back to his thread and clear some of this stuff up.

Does your landlord know you grow right now?
Hell, I'd consider taking over the place at that price in a med state if I had a bit more info about where you are.

What state?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
1350 a month for a 5 bedroom!

run 5k in two bedrooms, easily pay off that rent.

1350 is nothing...you got agood chance use it. you can grow in two bedrooms, have a veg room in the third, and have two extra bedrooms to make sexy times in....

whodair

Veteran
How can I find my new roommate safley?

would you be willing to accept a homosexual power bottom to share your house ?? hes short on cash but willing to barter services with you !! and yes he plays safely fella !!

picture.php

STFU

Grow more weed so you can afford to live in the house by yourself. If you want to meet people go back to college. Ok that was a little harsh. There used to be an employment forum here..... I'd call up some smoker friends that you know and ask them about their living situation.

But really, sounds like you are more lonely then actually needing a roommate for rent. Be carefull and play everything safe.

Chem&M

Grow more weed so you can afford to live in the house by yourself. If you want to meet people go back to college. Ok that was a little harsh. There used to be an employment forum here..... I'd call up some smoker friends that you know and ask them about their living situation.

But really, sounds like you are more lonely then actually needing a roommate for rent. Be carefull and play everything safe.

Thanks. I stopped reading this thread after the barage of mean answers. I think most of you think that I was going to thin Craigslist was an acceptable answer. As stated in the OP, I know there is no good answer and that I'm probably going to move. Just wanted to make sure no one had a better idea.

The only real candidate ATM is a guy I've known for 15 years. I'm not just going to let some stranger come over and see it. I guess I was kind of thinking of meeting a person or two, hanging out with them for a few months and then deciding if they would be alright BEFORE I even tell them.

Also, to all the "grow/sell more weed" answers, I grow legally. I have a lot of space, but it's all legal. I'm not doing this to sell illegally. I choose to stay within state laws.

Thanks to those who PM'd me for support.

dustin27

Veteran
Good luck man. I had to stop reading this after a few too. Alot of 'tards. I'm sorta in the same boat, just moved into a bigger place, but with that comes bigger bills. I'm also withdrawn keep to myself. In order to keep the bills in check, more cannabis will have to be produced and sold. I have a problem meeting new people though, im pretty shy. And dont trust people too easily.

If you can surely trust someone, then go for it. Otherwise you may just have to find another way to make that extra money each month, whether its a job, selling extra. Or from the legal side of things, could you not just add a patient to your list to help with funds?

dustin27

Veteran
I've grown while living with other people, a patient even, and a person who didnt smoke often. It still was the worst idea ever. And these were people i trusted and knew for years. Be careful man, there are people who will play nice until they figure out what they can squeeze from you. In my experience also, living with patients, they seem to expect free meds and smokeouts all the time. Cool for some, but not cool if your trying to run a profitable business.

Latest posts

Latest posts