What's new

how big of tree in 3gallon smartpot of strait coco?

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
So if I peg my meter should I flush with drip clean? I have a bottle so I could give it to em next feed.

I usually don't have any run off,it would take more than a gallon of water to get runoff everytime.but I guess I'll start adding dripclean to my feed and look more into these blumats,where do I get em? How much are they? They good for outdoor growing?

I look more myself,if anyone could answer those 3 Q's I'll be good.

Rasta311

Blumats can be purchased online a several sites. Search for the blumat thread in the general growers page. Its has tons of info. I would use drip clean throughout the whole grow if not watering to runoff. There are some people that have used blumats outside. There is a guy using them at least 50 ft up in a tree on youtube.

OPT

I like to use smaller containers, that also yield well. Coco seems to thrive more when you can water frequently, once the roots take over the pot, and you can water 1-2 times a day, your plant will become a monster.

OPT

R

rick shaw

If you reading over 2000 ppm just flush with water. Always feed/water 10% runoff you will never need drip clean. My nutrient cost is .45 @ gallon

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
My goal is to get 4-6oz off these 3gallon smart pots then next run I'm shootin for a 10-14oz a plant 6 x 20gallon smartpots under 2.6k hps,think its doable? Runnin 3 LVPK and maybe 3 BBK.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I grew this beast in a 2 gallon coco pot. I heard someone once say 1 gallon per foot of vertical growth, but I don't think it applies in coco as much as in soil. You can always use bigger pots, if you allow the roots to properly colonize, before flowering. However I'm always trying to see how much I can pare things down. I usually go from 4 inch squares to 2 gallons which veg for one week, get topped for clones, and then vegged for one more week and flowered. I'll do 9-12 under a single 1000w on a 4x4. This one was at least 4-4.5 feet tall. So a three gallon should easily get you a nice 5 footer.

Rez Chemdog x Sour Diesel

I pulled almost a quarter pound off this plant alone.

vaped

I use the 1 gallon smart pots with coco. Coco is unlike soil smaller is better . you want the pot as full of roots as you can get it with coco. The more roots the faster the pot dries the more you can feed it. Bigger pots with coco mean less watering less nutes and less growth.

This beast is in a 2 gallon smart pot.

The only problem with small pots of coco is tippy plants but tippy plants are easy to tie up. plus when dripper fed the never dry out so a 1 gallon pot can actually hold up a large plant.