What's new

how B. stays Self Reliant

B

B. Self Reliant

Welcome to my new grow diary!

My goal is to have a central place to document my gardens. I've been growing for the majority of the last 5-6 years, and regardless of how diligent I was about my note-taking, my IC Mag posts are always what I refer back to! I guess explaining to other people what's going on forces me to be detailed in what I write down. . .

It's great to take notes & get feedback all in one spot, and with my own diary I can post whatever I want regardless of breeder, medium, type of lamp or whatever else dictates where members put their threads. I'm always open to comments & constructive criticism, so pack a bowl or get your vapor curve heated up, because this place should be rocking' soon!

picture.php

I'll start out with a pic of what my new 4'x8' looks like as of a couple week ago.

Last edited:
B

B. Self Reliant

Tropf Blumats

Tropf Blumats

Subbing up to this if you don't mind bro. Nice space to to grow you got there.

Thanks! Glad you're along for the ride.

I've decided to set up Blumats in my flowering space. I'm going with an 8 gallon elevated reservoir that's filled from/overflows to a larger reservoir below it. This should keep the pressure at a constant level, plus give me a day or two of wiggle room if the pump ever did fail.

In the last few days I've gotten or ordered:
  • 1/2" bulkheads, line and fittings for the main feed line that will run in a rectabngle around my room Local hydro store items. No reason to use the metric stuff for your main feed line. Be sure to get the soft & pliable 1/2" line, not the hard plastic stuff.
  • a bunch of Tropf Blumats, a 30 meter roll of the 3mm Blumat drip line Grow Organic in Colorado had them. I called to be sure they had it all in stock and they had a good supply of everything.
  • 3/32" fittings to attach the drip line to the feed line Kentsystems.com Call them, as they're a new operation and although it looks like you can place an order online, in all actuality you should call them or email them. These 3/32" barbed fittings work with the 3mm line.

My next main task is to determine where the larger reservoir will go. Ideally I'd have it in the flower area. That would allow me to use it as a stand for the higher reservoir instead of having to build a tall stand. It would also be a lot easier to pump water directly up and then have it overflow directly down than it would be to run tubing between the veg & flowering areas so the reservoirs can interact properly.

L

LouDog420

LMAO, got my tourch and curve sitting right between my legs... How'd you know!?!?

Front and center, here for the show B
tiphat.gif

B

B. Self Reliant

subscribed. i have had my blumats like 8 months now. they are still in box.
Ha! I've had four maxi's in a box for months too. I'm committed now though! I've got to go out of town for work, so I dont' really have a choice.

LMAO, got my tourch and curve sitting right between my legs... How'd you know!?!?
Ahhh. . . a fellow oil head! I've probably smoked bud about 6 times in the past 2 months, yet been more medicated than I ever thought possible. Gotta love the oil. :kos:

G

greenmatter

tagged!

i think i left my cooler at somebody's grow show, i must have been high again. i did bring a 12 pack and some smokables ........ where is the fridge B. ?

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
im tagging along for this one bro:lurk:, love your pics, im expecting great things on this thread, nothing but the best, cant give you more rep, gonna pack a bowl in your honor :bongsmi: !!
1L

B

B. Self Reliant

tagged!

i think i left my cooler at somebody's grow show, i must have been high again. i did bring a 12 pack and some smokables ........ where is the fridge B. ?
Good to see ya. . . Beck's is in the fridge!
Tagged and in for the long haul.
tagged. here for the show!!!
That's what I like to hear! Hopefully there's more good than bad.

Yes ! The show-must Go On : )
also looking by the site or side . )
:shooty:

im tagging along for this one bro:lurk:, love your pics, im expecting great things on this thread, nothing but the best, cant give you more rep, gonna pack a bowl in your honor :bongsmi: !!
1L
I hope I don't disappoint!

Thanks for the love everyone! I hope to have a picture update for you soon.

sneaky101

Looking like I'm in the back row for this one. No matter, gotta make some BHO tonight anyway and don't want to blow anyone up. I'll take one of those beers btw

B

B. Self Reliant

Bloom Day 24/11

Bloom Day 24/11

It's good to see so many folks drop by! And some oil heads too. . .

I'm stuck in the doldrums right now as far as the Blumats go. I'm waiting for some packages to arrive before I can make any more progress. Until then it's business as usual.

picture.php

This is the bloom area as of this morning.

This is the scraggliest looking' crop I've grown in a long time. The main reason is not knowing how to veg/trim the plants to prepare them for this space. Constantly working in there has also taken its toll. I'm still putting the finishing touches up, installing the Blumats, etc, so they all got chopped pretty good to make room for my nice big walkway. At first I was thinking Blumats were a luxury, but I'm realizing that getting in there to work about once a week is all I can expect of myself. The Blumats need to take care of the rest because two vertical rigs in a 4'x8' space is just too cramped to be crashing through there and watering every day. I can do it without damaging the plants, but it's a PITA.

picture.php

The Sativa phono of the Casey's Dream is doing great. She's a crazy plant that really wants to branch out and take over a space. The jars of her bud from last run are overpowering. . . the smell from the jars is insane. I don't usually roll big joints, cones or blunts, but lately I've been puffin' on big cones of this stuff.

picture.php

This is an LA Confidential that took 18 days to root, vegged in a keg cup for 5 weeks, 5 weeks in a 1-gallon, 6 weeks in a 3-gallon with its own vertical T5 fixture, then another 3 weeks or so around the vertical HPS stack. She's now 24 days into her 58 day bloom and looking' good. This is the largest LAC I've ever grown. She veggies sooooo slowly, but the fruit is sooooo sweet!