What's new

how are you guys blocking the light from the windows?

toohighmf

Veteran
have you considered stapling reflectix to the windows? filling with insulation? it will help keep the heat out and the cool in...

I put blinds in my window and then sheetrocked that whole wall.

I wouldn't worry about nails in the wall or goo or the paint. At some point when you move just sand and putty and paint over......

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Thumbtacks with a blanket or tarp works well. When taken down you don't have to worry about any repairs.

-Funk

T

TREE KING

Thumbtacks with a blanket or tarp works well. When taken down you don't have to worry about any repairs.

-Funk

hmmm this seems like it could make the most sense. i could do that in 2 seconds. will the tacks stay in if i tack it to the drywall? i just dont know if there meant to go in wood or not

G

Guest 150314

hmmm this seems like it could make the most sense. i could do that in 2 seconds. will the tacks stay in if i tack it to the drywall? i just dont know if there meant to go in wood or not

definitely a really bad idea, tacks can pop out or snap over time from holding up weight. then you have bright light shining out your window.

i put a blind inside the window frame and screw a 4x8 piece of OSB over the whole thing, i spray paint the OSB with flat black paint on the side facing out so it looks like a dark room behind the blinds. I spray foam around the OSB to totally seal it up.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Man, that would be a nightmare if the blanket fell, lol. I shouldn't laugh, it may have actually happened to a grower or 30.

G

Guest 150314

Yeah I think thats probably the worst advice I have ever seen given on this site.

toohighmf

Veteran
you don't want to glue or tape anything to the wall bro. period. staple a peice of cardboard to the wall and then duct tape it. then staple over the uct tape. if it falls down, you won't have to worry about cleanup. you'll have to worry about your new cell mate!. I recommended
Reflectics because it is highly reflective and is insulation that easily cuts to size, is 1/4"thick and comes by the foot.. it also is a FLIR deterrent...

T

TREE KING

you don't want to glue or tape anything to the wall bro. period. staple a peice of cardboard to the wall and then duct tape it. then staple over the uct tape. if it falls down, you won't have to worry about cleanup. you'll have to worry about your new cell mate!. I recommended
Reflectics because it is highly reflective and is insulation that easily cuts to size, is 1/4"thick and comes by the foot.. it also is a FLIR deterrent...

ok toohigh im gonna take your advice and do that. once again i thank you and everyone else in this thread for the ideas!