What's new

How about those clear papers?

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
. The crystal job's are the best clear papers I've smoked. I really didnt like the trips to much

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
EDIT:haha I'm guessing by the not helpful vote.... sumbubby no likey dey veggies lol
not a fan, tried em a when they came out, heh if its not a jui jitsu fighter and from brazil I not interested/.
TS

what about fresh fruits and veggies during the winter?:biggrin:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
clear papers were pretty cool in theory, and also looked really cool......then i actually tried one and was really let down....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bought a case of these when they first came out. I still have most of that case lol

picture.php

gingerale

Veteran
Yeah, after a few blunts I'm starting to see the drawbacks.....lol. Overall, I'd have to say......I can't wait for the case of Raws to get here..

BTW why do papers/wraps come in these ridiculous sizes? It is damn hard to roll an appreciable sized joint with these narrow papers.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here's a trick I found out

here's a trick I found out

^those are the exact same ones I'm using now

so I noticed a couple of drawbacks mostly to do with rolling and then the subsequent smoking of a poorly rolled cellulose joint.

I had problems keeping the herb inside while trying to roll it. the cellulose doesn't provide any traction for the herb to grab and slides out while working the herb back and forth.

Also once you've gotten the herb situated how you like it and you go to fold the edge and seal up the seam the front edge doesn't want to tuck instead it hits the back edge and slides up, this happens both by hand and a cig roller.... until i started doing this

first start at the bottom edge and fold about 1/16 of an inch or less seam all along the bottom of the cellulose paper

next, take the new bottom edge the seam you just made and line it up with the top edge

then, make a firm pinch on opposite ends to make partial seam in the middle of the paper but do not run the seam all the way across, like you would a normal joint paper, this will make it much more difficult to keep the herb inside

^notice the pinches on opposite ends of the paper, creating a partial seam in the middle of the paper when you open this up to fill with your herbs it should create a lil canoe like shape which help keep your herbs from all sliding out while rolling which will make it much easier to roll better cellulose J's, which will make them more enjoyable to smoke.

No the cellulose J's aren't the perfect smoking method. no J or blunt is, but I personally like these as an alternative to tobacco blunts and they burn and taste better than raw's or elements when rolled well... in my opinion at least.

peace,
Infi

gingerale

Veteran
Yeah I think with practice they could be mastered, but I'm just thinking they're not for me. I am not the best joint roller in the world so I don't need to make things too challenging. The problem I found is when sticking two together, they don't stick well. If the paper was simply available in more sane dimensions (like a 3" square) then it'd be a totally different story.

Mister_D

Veteran
Not real fond of trip and few other brands i've tried, but aleda brand have become my favorite papers. I find they burn slower than a normal white paper. No problems going out or unusual burn properties. Also doesn't alter the flavor of your herb like all white papers seem to do.

L

longearedfriend

didn't know that when you get banned people don't see your avatar anymore

i'm not too surprised that you got banned ginger ale :)

-------------------------

as for the aleda or trip clear paper

fun novelty but... since it looked plasticy, I always felt weird smoking on it. I did but eventually was turned off it.

you know sometimes they put out new products and aren't tested too much..

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I remember some clear papers from the late '70s when there were lots of kooky stuff being made to market to stoners like the frisbee joint holders and those things that you could squeeze to give yourself a shotgun. It's funny to remember a time when there was almost a legitimate market for recreational use in the US for a few years..

I tried the new clear papers but they were worse than my memory of the old ones, I tossed em so I don't know if they were the same as the ones pictured here.

I'm always interested in good papers that have a distinctive look so I can roll up a handful of strains for the days throw them in a couple of tightpacs and be able to know which is which later.

HOVAH2.0

u gotta keep lighting em and lighting and lighting .... i went back to swisher sweets!
, but if they can come up with a clear wrap that stays lit .. maybe theyll have my biznes again...

WelderDan

Veteran
They burn weird and the feel is wrong. It's like rolling with plastic. They were novel, but I didn't care for them. Gimme an OCB, a white zig zag or a 1.0

L

longearedfriend

hey ginger ale

it wasn't in regards to the bulbs that I said that :)

when you get back and if you read this, pm me and I will explain to you

thanks for the kind message

take care

Last edited: