What's new

Housemate stealing weed!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish I'd have been around then, when we still had some freedom.
I would have loved to have gone to the Stonehenge free festival.

In truth, the convoy movement, grew out of the gov clamping down on the big squats in the 70s, and then Maggie the witch started clamping down on the convoys in the 80s as it was a real threat to her plans. Plus English heritage couldn't have a few thousand hippies on stonehenge in peak tourist season, bastards. A tv show about the travellers summed it up best, the gov didn't mind the convoy, when it was a few st martins art school poshos and Cambridge grads, but when hardcore people from the estates in south London and up north started joining up it scared the shit out of them.

Stonehenge, where the demons dwell, where the banshees live, and they do live well.
Stonehenge, where a man's a man, and the children dance, to the pipes of Pan.

That was recorded in doubly.
yeah,,totally bang on there harry,,i believe the convoy started off as "good thing" but by the end due to the reasons you state went very bad,selling smack etc,, and yes there was so much more freedom back then,cheers s2

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
yeah,,totally bang on there harry,,i believe the convoy started off as "good thing" but by the end due to the reasons you state went very bad,selling smack etc,, and yes there was so much more freedom back then,cheers s2

The convoy going wrong was a self fulfilling prophecy. The media and government went on and on about how they were all wrong uns druggies and crooks, and so it attracted a bunch of wrong uns, who drove out the good folk. Years of being evicted, moved on and busted wore the more together people down til they left the scene, and all that were left were the lunchouts who had nowhere else to go and fuck all else to do. It was when it linked up with the rave promoters that the really nasty people came along according to my older mates.

There are still a few stalwarts out there, but in tiny groups now, usually only a couple of vans, down in Devon and Cornwall. Quite a lot went to Spain and Portugal. That's where my mates went(Portugal).

Headlights, white lines and black tar rivers, are draggin me around this country, as it withers.........

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
housemate stealing weed... give it a few sprays of ammonia teach the fucker a lesson lol yea bro thats some killer shit you want a hit?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I wish I'd have been around then, when we still had some freedom.
I would have loved to have gone to the Stonehenge free festival.

In truth, the convoy movement, grew out of the gov clamping down on the big squats in the 70s, and then Maggie the witch started clamping down on the convoys in the 80s as it was a real threat to her plans. Plus English heritage couldn't have a few thousand hippies on stonehenge in peak tourist season, bastards. A tv show about the travellers summed it up best, the gov didn't mind the convoy, when it was a few st martins art school poshos and Cambridge grads, but when hardcore people from the estates in south London and up north started joining up it scared the shit out of them.

Stonehenge, where the demons dwell, where the banshees live, and they do live well.
Stonehenge, where a man's a man, and the children dance, to the pipes of Pan.

That was recorded in doubly.

The Peace Convoy grew out of a squat in the Westbourne Park area occupied by a Punk band called The Mob. They were connected to Crass the band who also ran Crass records, anarchist hippies from Epping Forest. Hippies influenced the Punks. the Police and Courts cracked down on all of them, a lot of the Crassite Punks got into the traveling / buses / creative idea. The people behind Lost Vagueness, Mutiod Waste, Spiral Tribe came out of this, then E arrived with Rave music, so they got into running Sound systems, parties..

Mutoid Waste were running really big Acid parties in Kings X before Ecstasy / Acid House even arrived, they had a large warehouse squat there and weekly lawless insanity.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
The Peace Convoy grew out of a squat in the Westbourne Park area occupied by a Punk band called The Mob. They were connected to Crass the band who also ran Crass records, anarchist hippies from Epping Forest. Hippies influenced the Punks. the Police and Courts cracked down on all of them, a lot of the Crassite Punks got into the traveling / buses / creative idea. The people behind Lost Vagueness, Mutiod Waste, Spiral Tribe came out of this, then E arrived with Rave music, so they got into running Sound systems, parties..

Mutoid Waste were running really big Acid parties in Kings X before Ecstasy / Acid House even arrived, they had a large warehouse squat there and weekly lawless insanity.

Owe us a living?
Course they fuckin do.

Latest posts

Latest posts