What's new

HOUSE MUSIC

K

kiree

As a Dj I would consider Josh wink more a techno guy, but sometimes he gets close to acid house. Vison is more on the electro/electro house side ( lots of deadmau5, les petits pilous etc in his sets).

Both are cool and house music is great ! And electro is even more :D

Todd Terry has a lot of work behind him (80-s, 90-s) and I think He s just chillin out somewhere :D

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
^^ I'll second that, Josh Wink is straight Techno. But then, I guess everyone's definition is different.:joint:

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Saw Richard HV 8 years ago...he's alright. Saw Derrick May in Detroit about 5 years ago....we were on the party scene and knew a lot of DJs.. Been to the king of all Music festival in Detroit...met Paul Johnson at the Mariot and saw George Clinton across the hall. I love house music.

Oh yeah, my friend opened up for DJ Irene a few years ago...that was bad-ass...she was promoting her "rockstar" album. Met DJ Collette too. Oh yeah, and DJ Funk 3 times and DJ Assault once...but that's booty.

Todd P

dude yer the best i lost all these old tapes in a fire! i cant believe this thanks a billion! i used to hang in SF in the early 90's. the dna lounge , the end up, 1015, community,wicked,king street garage! those where the days!!!!!!!!!!!im talkin bout ezskankin.com

toohighmf

Veteran
Derrick carter, Inland Knights, Swirl People, Eastcoastboogiemen, Jacob london, Jay tripwire, MAW, Mark farina, Lawnchair Generals, Mark Grant, IZ & DIZ, Heather, Brett Johnson, 95 North, Basement boys, Claude Von stroke, Justin martin, Sammy D. Kenny Hawkes, MK, Sneak, JT & Lance, Lady D, Dubtribe soundsystem, Doc Martin, Wicked Crew, Astro traxx team, Dj Linus, DEMON, Salt city orchestra... yeah I'm a house head!

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
Derrick carter, Inland Knights, Swirl People, Eastcoastboogiemen, Jacob london, Jay tripwire, MAW, Mark farina, Lawnchair Generals, Mark Grant, IZ & DIZ, Heather, Brett Johnson, 95 North, Basement boys, Claude Von stroke, Justin martin, Sammy D. Kenny Hawkes, MK, Sneak, JT & Lance, Lady D, Dubtribe soundsystem, Doc Martin, Wicked Crew, Astro traxx team, Dj Linus, DEMON, Salt city orchestra... yeah I'm a house head!

Dude....im busy writing all my fav's down and scroll up and see this post...you had like 95% of what i was writing...nice!!!
we share a similar taste.....
i got all those cats on vinyl. just saw jt donaldson and lance desardi..siiiick!
used to mix with brett johnson back in austin many moons ago..he is one of the most musically gifted cats i've seen at work.
keep on

NOKUY

Veteran
when richard 'humpty' vision came w/ 'house nation'...i didnt listen to anything else for a very long time.....i know every beat off that...between him and josh wink i dont think any quite compare

M

mosca negra

I'm down with the OG Frankie Knuckles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also into Lars Bahrenroth Deeper Shades..., Carl Cox, and John Digweed!

toohighmf

Veteran
Dude....im busy writing all my fav's down and scroll up and see this post...you had like 95% of what i was writing...nice!!!
we share a similar taste.....
i got all those cats on vinyl. just saw jt donaldson and lance desardi..siiiick!
used to mix with brett johnson back in austin many moons ago..he is one of the most musically gifted cats i've seen at work.
keep on

I played bass on JT's lowdown rec. release Room With a VU as well as his OM records "trust me. I played bass on Lances Music Boutique release, and recorded with wally Callerio, Roy Davis Jr. Doc Link, D-train Hustlers, Dj Theory and others. Brett is one talented Mofo! the stuff he did with Heather is awesome. I have been releasing house music for 8 years on my own label, and I have been spinning for about as long. Id drop a live mix but I have to edit my info on soundcloud to link it as my name is on it. let me see what I can do.

http://soundcloud.com/eps-8000/eps-live-taste-part-ii-07-16-09

please dont judge me for this mix. I usually play a bit harder, but when playing for certain crowds, I get all historical. I played ok.. but not as good as I would if I didnt have to think about the format as much. that is my last live unedited mix from vegas.. enjoy!

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
I'll check that soundcloud mix for sure. Just listening to the Einmusik Summer Mix on soundcloud though and can't interrupt :laughing:

NYCDiesel

Sneak ,derrick carter ,tamer fouda ,chris bau ,groove armada ,s man ,hernan catataneo ,miss honey dijon ,deep dish, satoshii tommie, chus, anthony pappa, antoine clamaran, el reyalto,seb fontaine...and few more from chicago to tribal house

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
Nice Mix toohighmf!
how would i go about posting a CD recording of mine so ya'll could listen?
im extremely computer illiterate but got some killer funk to share.

Nice Mix toohighmf!
how would i go about posting a CD recording of mine so ya'll could listen?
im extremely computer illiterate but got some killer funk to share.

Nice glad I found this thread..Hey Ragga just upload your mix to sound cloud or zippyshare..or any of the big file sites. Then when they give you the link just post it here. Ive got some good live sets Ill post up here tomorrow.

I played bass on JT's lowdown rec. release Room With a VU as well as his OM records "trust me. I played bass on Lances Music Boutique release, and recorded with wally Callerio, Roy Davis Jr. Doc Link, D-train Hustlers, Dj Theory and others. Brett is one talented Mofo! the stuff he did with Heather is awesome. I have been releasing house music for 8 years on my own label, and I have been spinning for about as long. Id drop a live mix but I have to edit my info on soundcloud to link it as my name is on it. let me see what I can do.

http://soundcloud.com/eps-8000/eps-live-taste-part-ii-07-16-09

please dont judge me for this mix. I usually play a bit harder, but when playing for certain crowds, I get all historical. I played ok.. but not as good as I would if I didnt have to think about the format as much. that is my last live unedited mix from vegas.. enjoy!

A nice chill set...there are some def gem's in that set!

toohighmf

Veteran
Thanks for the compliments! glad u enjoyed it. Ragga-
Open a free account at soundcloud.com and upload your mix. copy and paste the link while your listening to your mix. drop it here for our Aural pleasure!

streetvibes

i love pumping house tech house techno acid house evil eddie richards top dj producer anyone into mrg mark broom mrc layo bushwaker b been into the dance from way back 87 keep on rockin