What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House & Garden Nutrients

Well they have a new product, it's called PH Osmosis/Stabilizer. It adds some trace minerals to RO or rainwater for better pH buffering. I am going to order a bottle, eager to try this. Unfortunately their US website is all screwed up, product pages lead nowhere, etc...

I found the Nitrogen in H&G base nutes is too hot for sensitive strains, so I already switched to SBA/B and am liking it better. Multizen is a good enzyme. I've used Drip Clean but not anymore. I still use Bud-XL and Top Booster. Algen is expensive but killer, that bottle should last a while. I might try the Top Shooter gel, heard good things.

BTW, Top Booster is supposed to be used in week 5. Someone said week 4 on the previous page. I heard if you do that, your fan leaves will start to die in a week and you'll miss the whole mid bulking phase. Top Booster makes it finish in 4 weeks no matter what. The chart says to start using Bud-XL in week 4, not Top Booster.

The H&G chart only goes down to 8 weeks, and they don't count flushing as a week. So I guess on a 7-week strain, you might want to use Top Booster at the end of week 4. I won't argue with people who are doing it that way. But on a longer strain, I think week 4 is too early.

glow

Just so you are aware (oh, and I am a fanboy) - laws changed for manufacturing which promoted the end of H+G van de zwaan. It appears they were willing to shut down entirely and leave us in the lerch. As far as I am to be told - Mr. William did not seem interested in furthering the line - it appears it was a fun side project because it was an option. No option, no line.

It was bought by an American (company) and is an entirely new company in my opinion. Just take that as a grain of salt going forward with the line built off of a previous reputation, management and oversights of dedicated individuals. There was always a love of the plant and the product with the company and its representatives, as of recently (6mo to a yr) that whole mantra and feeling seems to be gone and little to no support of the product for the small fish.

imho its time to start mixing salts :/

I'll be putting the H and G coco nute formula up on www.manicbotanix.com shortly but doing a major site rebuild taking it from Joomla to Word Press so until that is done there is no point putting up new artciles. Also have the formula for shooting powder so will likely throw that up too (although I think its shit but there you go - each to their own)

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Well they have a new product, it's called PH Osmosis/Stabilizer. It adds some trace minerals to RO or rainwater for better pH buffering. I am going to order a bottle, eager to try this. Unfortunately their US website is all screwed up, product pages lead nowhere, etc...

I found the Nitrogen in H&G base nutes is too hot for sensitive strains, so I already switched to SBA/B and am liking it better. Multizen is a good enzyme. I've used Drip Clean but not anymore. I still use Bud-XL and Top Booster. Algen is expensive but killer, that bottle should last a while. I might try the Top Shooter gel, heard good things.

BTW, Top Booster is supposed to be used in week 5. Someone said week 4 on the previous page. I heard if you do that, your fan leaves will start to die in a week and you'll miss the whole mid bulking phase. Top Booster makes it finish in 4 weeks no matter what. The chart says to start using Bud-XL in week 4, not Top Booster.
what makes alegen extract any different from all the other extracts on the market? i have found the best kelp extra extract is taking 1/4 cup of kelp meal and adding 1 cup of water to it. when it re-hydrates u pour off the excess water and use that for folair and u will see the leaves starting to pray in a matter of hours. im no organic freak either i run maxi gro/bloom,h-16 prime & folair, liquid and dry koolbloom and canna boost. if u not tried the kelp meal tea try it and see what u think. im sure u will love it

LostTribe

Premium user
You wont be pleased to hear they've gone out of production in Holland then due to stupid new Dutch laws :( - I'm proper pissed :(

Not sure if they'll continue producing elsewhere but I really do hope so...

Does this affect CANNA nutrients also?

friggin hope not cannot do without my cannazyme!

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Does this affect CANNA nutrients also?

friggin hope not cannot do without my cannazyme!

hey losttribe i can tell u of another enzyme that works just as well or better then cannazyme. its growmore's bio-cozym. give it a shot and see what u think. its cheap for a liter of it to. u can even use it as folair also.

catalyte

Veteran
Whats the deal with H&G in North America now? Is it being made here? Who is distributing it? Haven't heard anything in 10 odd months since the news broke that H&G will no longer be in production in the Netherlands.

anyone with any info would be appreciated!

House&Garden

Just so you are aware (oh, and I am a fanboy) - laws changed for manufacturing which promoted the end of H+G van de zwaan. It appears they were willing to shut down entirely and leave us in the lerch. As far as I am to be told - Mr. William did not seem interested in furthering the line - it appears it was a fun side project because it was an option. No option, no line.

It was bought by an American (company) and is an entirely new company in my opinion. Just take that as a grain of salt going forward with the line built off of a previous reputation, management and oversights of dedicated individuals. There was always a love of the plant and the product with the company and its representatives, as of recently (6mo to a yr) that whole mantra and feeling seems to be gone and little to no support of the product for the small fish.

imho its time to start mixing salts :/
It is true that we have moved production to from Holland to Humboldt County, California. Fortunately for our customers, William Van De Zwaan’s recipes have gone unchanged and in addition to moving the bottling equipment to the US we have also opted to bring over our Dutch Chemists and a majority of the staff from Holland. We apologize for any shortcomings that may have occurred during the big move and assure you that our staff is ready and waiting to assist you with any product support questions you may have. We stand behind our product and are now easy to contact for support via our social media channels (Facebook & Instagram). We understand if you would like to take the time to mix your own salts but your solution will be lacking the proprietary ingredients that sets our products above the field making them unique and its users successful.

House&Garden

me too, I recently got really used to h&g down to the T. I been running their Line for a couple of coco runs now and its now the only nutes I will use with dtw or dwc.
I really hope their formulas don't change, or if so for the better. Because I really don't went to change nutrients anytime oon. Took me awhile trying brands before I settled with h&g.

Don’t worry Matt11, our products are the same from the ingredients and water right down to the chemists, mixers, and equipment. Rest assured we are still here to help you succeed with the quality products you have grown to love. We don’t want it to be any different either, as we rely on a solid product and the results in which they have continued to provide.

House&Garden

what makes alegen extract any different from all the other extracts on the market? i have found the best kelp extra extract is taking 1/4 cup of kelp meal and adding 1 cup of water to it. when it re-hydrates u pour off the excess water and use that for folair and u will see the leaves starting to pray in a matter of hours. im no organic freak either i run maxi gro/bloom,h-16 prime & folair, liquid and dry koolbloom and canna boost. if u not tried the kelp meal tea try it and see what u think. im sure u will love it

Our Algen Extract is a premium blend of Norwegian Sea Kelp containing high levels of active ingredients and is made in small batches to assure quality and freshness. What makes it different from other extracts on the market is that it is cold pressed to keep its lively hood and is way more concentrated than other extracts on the market. Nitrozyme, for instance, is a very popular extract but is much less concentrated (you need 10ml/liter and Algen is 1ml/gallon so its 40 times stronger).

Kelp meal has no biologically active molecules left after its been denatured (heat treated and hydrologized). The cold press process of our Algen Extract keeps all the biologically active compounds so it can benefit your plants more than their hydrologized counterpart.

House&Garden

Whats the deal with H&G in North America now? Is it being made here? Who is distributing it? Haven't heard anything in 10 odd months since the news broke that H&G will no longer be in production in the Netherlands.

anyone with any info would be appreciated!

Our products are now made in Humboldt County, California. We have not only brought over the equipment from our facility in Holland but the chemists and mixers as well. We are happy to say that things are up and running here in the US and that despite the big move we have managed to retain the same consistency and quality that House & Garden has become famous for.

House&Garden

@Glow

@Glow

I'll be putting the H and G coco nute formula up on www.manicbotanix.com shortly but doing a major site rebuild taking it from Joomla to Word Press so until that is done there is no point putting up new artciles. Also have the formula for shooting powder so will likely throw that up too (although I think its shit but there you go - each to their own)

Impressive work on www.manicbotanix.com We are anxious to see how well you did in the reverse engineering of our patented Cocos base and Shooting Powder. Our scientists have been hard at work in our state of the art 65,000 squarefoot production facility to culture our unique mix of
- micro beneficial organisms
-produce our own enzymes via fermentation
-blend our proprietary and patented ingredients that cant be found anywhere else

Please let us know when your recipe becomes available so we can have our people look into it.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Our products are now made in Humboldt County, California. We have not only brought over the equipment from our facility in Holland but the chemists and mixers as well. We are happy to say that things are up and running here in the US and that despite the big move we have managed to retain the same consistency and quality that House & Garden has become famous for.

Have to say, House and Garden is THE BEST nutrient line I have ever used to this day, and I have ran every nutrient out there. Several of my most successful grows on this site, was from using House and Garden...

ONLY reason why I have not used it for several years, was the price of buying so many bottles. Not knocking the price, im a cheap bastard when it comes to nutrient now...

Are you ever going to bring back the original roots excel formula?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Wonderful news! Used to lug it home in luggage after a trip to NL.

House&Garden

So what's the new pricing scheme now that production is much closer?

Though we have encountered price hikes in raw materials and endured the cost of moving our equipment and chemists over to the US, we have decided to forgo Holland's scheduled price increase for 2016 and keep our pricing the same. We have done this not because we have compromised the quality of our products (the recipe/inputs remain unchanged), but because our customers value the lower price per gallon of mixed nutrient feed. :tiphat:

House&Garden

Are you ever going to bring back the original roots excel formula?

Yes, we are happy to announce the original formula is back! We have found that the new recipe, Roots Gold, works great in coco and soil based mediums but that the original recipe is preferred by hydroponic gardeners. If your growing hydroponically be sure to pick up a bottle of Roots Silver at your local House and Garden Nutrients dealer.