What's new

House & Garden Nutrients

marmarb

I've used the aqua flakes with the extras def a step up from the fox farm trio I started out with however gonna be moving on to the maxibloom or gh for the next round

O

otis33

You shouldnt need calmag. i have found that adding a tea spoon of epsom salts per 5 gallon keeps my most cal mag hungry strains green. I use the full line on one set up and have great results, but have used onlycoco a+b in another small set up with moab to finish and it looks great too. I harvest the a+b only crop in two weeks and will then be able to se how much, if any of a difference there is. I feed 1.6 on the full line crop. Ihave been doing 1.2 ec in the a+b only circle multiple times daily

O

otis33

Bud xl i think starts at week 4 OR 5. whatever the chart says. the numbers i tone down are the ml/gal of a+b. i dont go over 7 ml/gal and have been doing 4 or 5 ml/gal with good results. All additives i add are per the chart instruction...well, drip clean 1@ml/gal instead od .4 as advised by many on this site

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
The whole Cal mag issue is at this point I think preference. You don't necc have to add it but if you just want to be on the safe side. You could maybe add a little during plain watering time. I added some during beg-mid Flowering just to be on the safe side cause the strains I'm running are calmag whores. So figured id give em an extra dose. But you don't really have to. Most people don't and have great results. Truthfully the base had plenty of calmag in it. More than the usual base nutrients out. So you'll be fine if you don't. But I remember someone sayin if you want you could add like 1-2ml every feeding just to be on the safe side you'll never have a calmag def. but the truth. A lot of times people mistake a deficiency and its really not. It's more of a lock out due to Ph problems. So they think that they need to add more calmag but they don't. Just need to make sure your PH isn't locking anything out or excess of PK might mess with it as well. Just food for thought

S

shuswap

anyone try using calcium peroxide with multizen? im wondering if the two are compatible or not?

Annual

You shouldnt need calmag. i have found that adding a tea spoon of epsom salts per 5 gallon keeps my most cal mag hungry strains green. I use the full line on one set up and have great results, but have used onlycoco a+b in another small set up with moab to finish and it looks great too. I harvest the a+b only crop in two weeks and will then be able to se how much, if any of a difference there is. I feed 1.6 on the full line crop. Ihave been doing 1.2 ec in the a+b only circle multiple times daily

how often do you add the epsom salts to avoid any cal mag issues? I added it a few feedings ago and now 3 feedings later I found a yellow or two leaf ready to fall off. Should I add it more often? I was afraid too much salts in the medium could be a bad thing. BTW I'm in pro mix bx

O

otis33

Leave yellow and fall off naturally when they have run their course and are no longer of use. It isn't necessarily a sign of a deficiency. I add Epsom because Mg seems to be low in relation to the other nutrients in cocos a+ b. One of the strains I run is a cal mag whore, adding calcium to something already high in calcium could cause something else to lock out. So, adding epsoms raises the Mg without raising the calcium any higher. if you are having cal mag related problems and using h+ g cocos, its more likely that its a mag deficiency rather than a cal deficiency because of the amount of cal already in there. Look in the plant infirmary, and if what you have looks to be a cal mag def, try adding account a gram/gallon of epsoms. You should water to 10-20% run off to avoid salt build up. Drip clean helps too. I also grow in coco, so I really can't say what works in pro mix. My advise is really for those growing in coco with coco a+ b. I am no pro, but I hope this helps.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Should I add Sea Green and/or thrive alive before or after I ph the solution?

I believe.. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.. H&G recommends that you mix the base nutes, pH the solution, THEN add your supplements. If this is not right.. I've been doing it wrong..

mgk :tiphat:

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
exactly . .So i kind of go by that rule for everything except for certain nutrients. that you add before anything else

But usually its Base Nutrients - PH - then Additives.. So sea green shouldnt be different.. Thats how i do when using Sea Green alternating between Drip Clean

W

Womble

i go by H&G recommendations also Maynard, letting the feed sit a little between the mixing of A&B together, works better than fine for me and agree with Biatchzxz, most errors are ph related, from my own personal experiences.

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
when hg first came out i ph'd they way they want ya 2

i was running the entire line back then though

currently i just run the coco a/b and roots excel in veg

5 gallon bucket, 30ml a, mix, 30ml b, mix, 5.5 roots ex..... mix..... add a just little more than .5 ml of AN ph dwn and im right on 5.8ph

havent experienced any problems w/ not ph'ing after the a/b

in flower i run 40ml a, 40ml b, 5.5 roots ex, 10ml hydroplex

firehound

i find that after a and b , ph, then additives.the shooting powder will raise the ph alot! Any one else see this. FH

Kit Kat

i find that after a and b , ph, then additives.the shooting powder will raise the ph alot! Any one else see this. FH

Yep, same with Shooting Powder for me as well. I was adding A&B at 1.2 EC and pH'ing to 5.8 - after adding Shooting Powder my pH would rise to 6.3-6.4.

W

Womble

never used the shooting powder myself, heard good things though...my ph does'nt shift at all after adding Bud XL and Top Booster , rock solid at 6.3...in soil by the way :)

LadyV

FWIW

As advised by H&G Corp customer support (not HW)
The reason to ph after A&B but before adding the additives is to create a ph friendly environment for the beneficials in Roots Excel and Amino treatment.

As advised by owner of Sea Green - ph before adding it, but not after.

Cheers!

Stickyballs

which nutes and why?

which nutes and why?

Im a New England medical patient and have been using House&Garden for a few years with my hydro and coco. Their whole line of nutrients works very well and is good enough for any grower. Their A&B is excellent and has worked extremely well for me, while as a few of the micro-nutrients are expensive and I have recently found out are replaceable with some other lines nutrients thats work just as well for a fraction of the price.

I am curious to hear which nutes you us in lieu of the H&G additives and why?

Latest posts

Latest posts