What's new

House & Garden Magic Green

dabking

Damn that's old stock. And if there is any beneficials they would/should be dead by now. I can leave my mix for about a week before it goes bad, I'm also using di ro water.

EL ROBUSTO

Magic Green works great, I've used it a couple of times already on the grow I'm into now.
Spray it on just before the lights go out and watch what happens when you check your plants the next morning.
I beleive a "HOLY SHIT" will be in order.

EL ROBUSTO

what dosage are you using Señor?

5 to 10ml/L is what is recommended and I've been using the lower of the two 5ml/L.
I have a 500ml mister so I mix 2.5ml/500ml.
Now I only have 3 plants on the go and 500ml is a lot to go thru so I put 250ml in another mister and gave it to momma bear for her house plants.
Bloody house plants seem to like it too!!:)

EL ROBUSTO

I am going to experiment with it again. Felt like I had it working, then felt like it burned shit.

No offence merkaba but you are using it at just before lights out right?
Also how many times per week are you using it?
H&G recommends once per week or it could fuck up the root system.
The H&G mega thread here recommends no more than twice a week.

dabking

No offence merkaba but you are using it at just before lights out right?
Also how many times per week are you using it?
H&G recommends once per week or it could fuck up the root system.
The H&G mega thread here recommends no more than twice a week.

the new schedule says to spray every other week. I always spray with lights on and have no issues at all. Just make sure to use a wetting agent like coco wet or yucca.

@merkaba how does your bottle smell? Should be kinda sweet. If its more sour its expired which could cause some issues.

maryjanesdad

Spray it right before lights come on if possible. It will dry at a nice pace as lights warm uplace as their day begins

EL ROBUSTO

I always spray with lights on and have no issues at all. Just make sure to use a wetting agent like coco wet or yucca.

Spray it right before lights come on if possible. It will dry at a nice pace as lights warm uplace as their day begins

Hahaha!!!!!
It's amazing how we all use the same product yet apply it differently!!!
When all else fails just follow the manufacturers recommendations on which ever feed schedule applies to you.
Which one you ask UK, AU, USA, CAN well they're all the same but different just like our opinions!!!!!!
There everything should be as clear as mud!!! 😄

maryjanesdad

Logic is if you spray before lights go on it will dry as the day continues. If you spray mid day the lamp is hotter aND you increase your chances of the plants burning.

This is for most foliar sprays.

merkaba

I spray mine in veg, so there is no lights on or off. I spray them then turn the lights off until they dry. No sour smell.

dabking

picture.php
look what came to America! Saw it in my shop today and had to snag one up. We'll see if it actually works. Its supposed to buffer and stabilize ro water and keep the ph in range. Similar to how the advanced ph perfect is marketed.

if its the same as AN i wouldnt use that shit, i cant remember what it was but it did limit the nutrient uptake at the concentration needed to keep the ph stable. it wasnt the easiest thread to find but there was some on it saying exactly what was used, just something to research if you havent already. if your having ph drift issues why not just correct your kh like normal?

maryjanesdad

And I would be apprehensive about leaving the foliar spray on them overnight. I'm not too keen on having damp plants in the dark with Temps in the 70s. But I could be overprotective.

That stabilizer looks like its just 28% potassium hydroxide. Similar to AN's Ph up i would think. Could you provide a link to that thread Zerocool? Ive been using the AN up and down with no problems with it that i know of. I only have to add 5-7 mL of ph up to a 55 gal drum after the h&g coco A&B, and calmag plus are added. I wouldnt think thats a lot, but i have nothing to compare it to...

dabking

if its the same as AN i wouldnt use that shit, i cant remember what it was but it did limit the nutrient uptake at the concentration needed to keep the ph stable. it wasnt the easiest thread to find but there was some on it saying exactly what was used, just something to research if you havent already. if your having ph drift issues why not just correct your kh like normal?

I don't have ph issues. I saw and just quenching my curiosity. Its really just a osmosis conditioner. Advanced nutrients has a specific company that makes the ph perfect ingredient. This is made by h&g. I don't believe it to be anything like advanced just similar.

yea it was late an i didnt see the "marketed" at the end. thats what my comment was about the ph perfect shit, that thread was years ago when it first came out so it would take someone some time digging around for it. if i still had the link id repost it