What's new

House and Garden people. Can i see your feeding program?

pico

Veteran
pico what you think about that top booster man?

i think some plants tolerate and some plants dont like it at ALL!

I have the top booster around, but I haven't really used it. Used it a couple times a few years back and don't remember seeing anything bad happen, but don't remember anything amazing either.

Balazar

Its nice to see there is finally a decent group of people using H&G. :tiphat: I have been using Aquaflakes plus the rest of the line in a RDWC for several grows.

I have used the Cocos A&B before and unless your doing a drain to waist its going to cause ph problems. I don't like coco myself because it has such instability. I just use regular lava rock as my grow medium. If you are using a recirculating system aquaflakes is the way to go.

I am doing a side by side right now compairing filtered tap water (chlorine chloramine removed) @ 70ppm vs. RO @ 20ppm

I use only a few extra products with the H&G line:
1.) CalMg+ when a get micro decencies (this seems to happen a lot more when using RO) I do 1/4 to 1/2 of regular strength.
2.)Protekt Silica supplement in veg @ 1/4 strength. This helps build stronger stems and leafs that can hold more weight and are more resistant to pests.
3.) SUGAR & CARBS! Mostly blackstrap molasses then honey, brown sugar, agave nectar, cracked barley and ground flax seed. Mix it all up in a plastic bottle and add 1/2 tsp per gallon in veg and 1 tsp per gallon in flower. You could use AN Carb-Load or Botanicare Sweet/Liquid Karma I just prefer to make my own for cheaper.

Sugar, I think is the most overlooked additive for H&G users. I don't think they include it in the line because they want you to have to keep buying the roots excellurator. If you just mix in some sugar with it the microbes in the roots excellurator will live for a much longer period of time and even multiply if you put enough food for them in there. The best way to make that product stretch is to put a little in a tea and brew it up.

If you are having nute lock problems just flush and use the magic green to feed them. I have never had a nute lock with H&G while using the drip clean though. IMO it's more likely that you have a deficiency or ph problem than a lock out.

Latest posts

Latest posts