What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hotel,close to seeds direct and internet access

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I saw the Damrak listed....and walked on by guys, they couldn't pay me to stay there.....it sounds like a world class dump and unless you can check it out beforehand, not worth the risk. But that's my own personal opinion :wink:

HawaiianGrown

you deserve better than the shithole

you deserve better than the shithole

Aloha,

I agree with Ms. Velvet.

If you are planning on consuming the world's best cannabis and hashes and oils and all other quality Dutch delights, why not stay at a place that makes you stoked!?

I've stayed at NH City Centre often, and the huge rooms and in-room facilities are worth every penny.

Can't beat the location, between spui and dam, and it is close to my favourite shops, Tweede Kamer and Grey Area.

Even if you don't stay there, there will be a party in my room.

Tot Ziens

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dont stress yourself, the hotel will be ok, dont expect a hilton but it will be clean and located in a good position. Many people are gonna be staying there for the cup and after several visits to the Dam myself i can assure you that although there may be much better, they will also cost much more.
I personally shall be leaving my room by 10am and not returning till probably 5am so a few hours sleeping and a place to keep my luggage is all im really gonna use the room for. Some of the places i have been to have been very dated but i have never experienced an unexceptable standard of hotel, if that were the case and there was something severly wrong with it I would be very surprised.
The dutch are, in my experience very nice, polite, articulate folk always willing to help and a phone call to the hotel to express your concerns may be in order, i am sure it will put your mind to rest. If you do end up there i'll see you there. Peace

shopvac

truecannabliss: thanks kinda what i was thinking, are you staying there aswell?

The last 2 places i stayed in in the dam where a 1 star hotel basically a hostel, that was about 1/2 the price as this place, no shower, no phone, no tiolet in the room. and was just our sleeping place. another place we stayed was about 3/4 the price and no window, a toilet and shower in the room. all the places we stayed tho were less than excetional.

I never really set high standards for hotels in the Dam. Just hope there isnt bed bugs as i saw in the reviews :(

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah i'm staying there, it will be fine. I'll grab some pest off to deal with the bed bugs :biglaugh: seriously though i cant imagine there will be bed bugs

shopvac

although after a bit of research im a bit sceptical about the reviews on that site..... found multiple other sites that say otherwise check it....

http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/71211/3/cebe/
http://www.holidays-exposed.com/r/accom_one/10603629.html
http://dest.travelocity.com/Reviews/reviews_read/0,5401,_58937,00.html

although i did catch a few of the same webisetes inbetween that were in favor of tripadvisor aswell.....makes me want to switch hotels...but i dont think there are any out there with rooms open the whole time anymore, and are under 1k for 6 nights.

Plus there are a few people in here still staying at the Dam so guess i cant lose out altogether, worst case i guess we all just meet up and have huge nightly sessions :smile: :joint:

EDIT: this is one of the places i stayed when i was there last time. I feel i got about what i payed for, although i knew nothing about any shower.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...3-Quentin_Arrive-Amsterdam_Noord_Holland.html
i cant find the name of the othe place i stayed at.

Last edited:
G

I think any way it is sliced... no worries. The Damrak is probably good hotel for the money. Respectively.

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Sorry I wont be at the cup, but I've stayed Die Port Van Cleve 3 times and it's a nice 4 star on N.Z. Voorburgwal, which is pretty close to SD and is right across the way from DAM Square. I am staying there this March for 99 Euro per night. They always run specials, they have everytime I ever stayed there. Check the special offers link on the site to see if they are running any specials during 4/20.

www.dieportvancleve.com

Thought this might be useful info for some. Have a great time at the cup-

MS

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
sorry folks -i checked and it doesnt look like they have any specials posted yet for 4/20 timeframe... I would check back on the site if you are not in a hurry to make a reservation. They will probably do a spring special soon.

hey if ya go through to book online i get a better price ,a last minute deal
its 140E a nite for 2 people ,double
peace
looks like a nice place

the problem withthe damrak is i could only get a single room.no doubles left when i booked,and a friend may be comin.Ive got both booked,just better not forget to cancel one !!
peace

G

m.steelers said:
Sorry I wont be at the cup, but I've stayed Die Port Van Cleve 3 times and it's a nice 4 star on N.Z. Voorburgwal, which is pretty close to SD and is right across the way from DAM Square. I am staying there this March for 99 Euro per night. They always run specials, they have everytime I ever stayed there. Check the special offers link on the site to see if they are running any specials during 4/20.

www.dieportvancleve.com

Thought this might be useful info for some. Have a great time at the cup-

MS

Almost chose that one as well. Looks excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.