What's new

Hotboxes Perpetual CoCo Grow

hotboxes

:tiphat: Hello all hope every one is great. I have been a member since 08 but had to change handles because of a security issue but now everything is fine and now I think I am ready to finally give it a go and start a show. First off I am growing in Coco IMO the best medium to grow in. I hand water daily no drip or watering system set up, yet! I have been using GH flora micro and bloom along with cal/mag and protek also koolbloom powder. I use rain water and everything is ph'd to 5.5 to 6.0 .

This is my first show so please bare with me things can only get better from here on out. I am running 2 boxes the first is a mother,clone, and veg. box combined. The second is a flowering chamber.

I am running a cut of bubblicious from (Nirvana), Iced Grapefruit from (Female seeds), a mix I made from the bubblicious and a male from sam's haze/skunk#1 x mixed pack and a bag seed that I liked this past summer. I am planning on picking up either a pack of ( chem jones, cheesedog,or og chem) from connoisseur genetics, they all look so great its just too hard to pick just 1 but that's all the money I have right now. So If anyone has any opinions please chime in.

Ok lets get this started. For some reason I have only been able to load 10 pics. so far so I will show you what I have going so far. Mind you some of it is scattered only cause I was only able to get 10 loaded. First is a pic of the mother, clone, and veg. box.
picture.php
The specs are 3.5'L x 2'W x 3'H it is two boxes screwed together the wall between is a passive vent from the right box where the clones an moms will be threw too the veg. side in the left box. The next pics are from the inside of both boxes.
picture.php
The first one is the left side and the next is the right box. Everything here is D.I.Y. except for the equipment of coarse. This box has a lumatek 250 MH/HPS ballast, 4 in. inline fan,and compact floros with a 10 site aero-cloner. everything is sealed with caulk and then lined with IR blocker then resealed with metal tape. Passive intakes are in the mother side one behind the cloner and the other behind where the mothers will be. I will be running a perpetual garden harvesting 1 plant per week.

Next we have My flower chamber for this Box I went with the vertical method. One reason is because with my space I had to work with was taller than wide or length. Another is I really never grew vertically and wanted to try it out and I'm glad I did. I can get 8 plants in there all ranging in age but they fit and turn out well for me. Here it is

I have more pics of the inside and how it is framed in with all the equipment as soon as I figure out how to get more of my pics loaded I will get them on here. The specs on this are 2.5'L and W x 4'H it is roughly 5 sq/ft and the plants can grow to the ceiling as the light is centered in the box for equal coverage. Just like the veg box everything is sealed w/ caulking and then with IR blocker and metal tape,but this box has 1 1/2 inches of foam board insulation in between the frame and the IR blocker to hold better temps which has seemed to be working.

I have a Quantum 400 MH/HPS electronic/dim. ballast with a hortilux 430 HPS bulb in a 6 in. cooltube.The air is being cleaned ,and the light is being cooled by the same 4 in. inline fan then it is muffled by a 4 inch duct muffler. There is literally no sound. there are four passive 2inch intakes in the floor of the box and everything is sucked out threw the bottom and blown out away from the intake ports so there is no recycled air being used. I will show more in detail as soon as I can get more pics loaded. Here are some other picks I was able to get loaded of what I have going now in flower an a little bit of what I have had come out of the flower box.

picture.php
I have been getting on average around 1-1/2 to 2 ounces of dried buds per plant in this box. The dried bud shot is bad I know but the camera I'm using isn't very good for close-ups. Thanks for taking a look and please tag along I will be adding updates and answering questions as they come along with more photos as soon as I can figure out how to load more. Please any comments good or bad are welcomed. Hope every one enjoys my Hot Boxes :thank you:

Last edited by a moderator:

hotboxes

can anyone help me I have a ton of other pictures to load but for some reason they aren't being uploaded. There are other photos of the boxes and of the ladies filling them. please any help would be great.

hotboxes

Update

Update

Ok I was finally able to get more photos uploaded. I just ordered some new beans to add to my collection. I went with the OG Chem from CSG, but until they arrive I had sprouted the last 3 Iced Grapefruit beans I had from an order back in Sept. and I will be logging the progress on those as well as the other 2 that I still have cuts from. I just put one of them into flower about 4 days ago so we can see how she buds as the little ones are coming along.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35600&pictureid=843272
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35600&pictureid=841767
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35600&pictureid=843243
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35600&pictureid=843244
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35600&pictureid=843281

Last edited by a moderator:

hotboxes

Thanks Major !! I'm so glad someone finally said something lol I was beginning to worry. It took me a pretty long time to get everything piece by piece but its done and rocking now thanks for stopping by.

hotboxes

small update

small update

Here is a small update on the 3 Iced Grapefruit seeds I sprouted they are growing pretty fast. they are more sativa dominant so they love the N even in the early stages. I have yet to feed them but I did up pot them into 16 oz cups and there is 2 of them showing signs of deff. but I mixed up a 50% mix of food for them and everything should work itself out by tomorrow. I noticed this in the first 2 I germmed. Here are a few pics of them

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35600&pictureid=845252
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35600&pictureid=845253
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35600&pictureid=845254
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35600&pictureid=845255
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=35600&pictureid=845256

As you can see on the last pic. It has a deff. but this happened the last batch I grew and It was an easy fix as soon as I fed them. All they have been given so far was water with a little bit of Cal/Mg cause they are grown in Coco and a little bit of worm castings.

hotboxes

thanks Paul stick around there is more to see coming soon. I was going to order the CSG og chem but since the CC option at the Boo is down I had opted to get beans from an alternate source. I have some (alpha dog( chemdog D x snowdog bx), (NL x ak-47), (afghani x NL),and a Black domnia. They should be here within the next week. Plus I have the other strains that I already have flowering. I will have more pics up this monday when I take pics of the Iced Grapefruit to put up for their update.

Buddler

Veteran
Hi Hot box looking good ,when i click on your pics it takes me to my photo album ,weird huh.seedlings look like they need a feed i usually start light feeding in coco after about a week ,good looking buds though keep em comin good job:tiphat: B

hotboxes

Hi Hot box looking good ,when i click on your pics it takes me to my photo album ,weird huh.seedlings look like they need a feed i usually start light feeding in coco after about a week ,good looking buds though keep em comin good job:tiphat: B
thanks Buddler!!! IDK whats up with the pics. I loaded them and the first ones showed up in my thread starter but now its just the link to my album photos. I know I must be doing something wrong, but at least there is something to look at :).
Yeah I started feeding them this week They were in a mix of coco,perlite,and EWC at first so I could just water them w/o any food. Then I potted up into straight coco and perlite so I could start feeding w/ ferts. but they are bouncing back now. I will have an update on them and the 2 in flower on monday so stick around and thanks for the good vibes.

hotboxes

Thanks Kronikal for the good vibes. I am going to have an update on everything tonight as soon as I get the pics taken and then uploaded. I have a cpl surprises coming up in the update so stay tuned.

hotboxes

sorry been really busy getting everything for my outdoor along with my boxes, but I will be posting some updates very soon.

hotboxes

Update

Update

Well it has been a couple of weeks now since I have updated so here we go. First off I had a ton of pics. for this update but I cannot find the zip drive I had them on so I took a few snaps today of whats going on in my boxes. I have some new additions to my line up.

AlphaDawg- from Alphakronik genes seeds
NL x Ak-47 - from SamSara seeds
NL x afghani- from pyramid seeds
white russian x black domina - from delicious seeds
green love potion- from SamSara seeds

These first 7 pics. are the AlphaDawgs, and the last 3 pics. are the SamSara NL x Ak-47. They all look like they have a slight cal/mag def. my ph sways between 5.8 and 6.0 never higher or lower than that. I think my cal/mag was too old it was like 3 years old since I opened it, so I bought a new bottle and started using it today. I am just using plain rain water, root excel.,and cal/mag for now till they get the first few stages of leaves.

Attachments

• 100_0349.jpg
    100_0349.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_0356.jpg
    100_0356.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0352.jpg
    100_0352.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0353.jpg
    100_0353.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0354.jpg
    100_0354.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0355.jpg
    100_0355.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0351.jpg
    100_0351.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_0357.jpg
    100_0357.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_0358.jpg
    100_0358.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_0359.jpg
    100_0359.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 9

hotboxes

continue

continue

Next we have the pyramid seeds NL x Afghani along with my 2 freebies the Black Russian from delicious seeds and the Green Love Potion from SamSara I believe its a mix if Skunk,Afghani,lavender, and something else. I'll see what she is though :) . and then there is a pic. in here with all of the newbies all together in the clone and seedling part of my cab.

Attachments

• 100_0374.jpg
    100_0374.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0363.jpg
    100_0363.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_0362.jpg
    100_0362.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0361.jpg
    100_0361.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0360.jpg
    100_0360.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 11

hotboxes

Flower Box

Flower Box

In the flower chamber first is my 2 Iced Grapefruit girls from (Female Seeds Xline) these are a week apart they are at 3 and 4 weeks into flower of a 10 week cycle. This plant stretches about 3x itself in flower and produces very nice medicine great for my back pain. After those there is a mix I made of a bubblicious female from (nirvana seeds) crossed with a male I had from a freebie pack of sam's mixed x skunk#1/haze gear. I must say it is ripening up very nicely If I do say so myself, and the last couple pictures are of another pheno on the mix I made of the Bubblicious and sam's gear. I know my camera does these ladies no justice as soon as I can I am getting a new and better camera. That's about it for now hope every one enjoys my garden.

Attachments

• 100_0409.jpg
    100_0409.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_0410.jpg
    100_0410.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0419.jpg
    100_0419.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0421.jpg
    100_0421.jpg