What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HOT DOGS OR IF YOU ARE FROM NEW JERSEY

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Then Hot Dawgs, who makes the best hot dogs we can buy online or anywhere in the USA or WORLD for that matter and why are they the best in your opinion?

Anyone care to weigh in on wagyu hot dawgs? ( oops
winkwink.gif
)

it really wasn't timed this way

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Most people in Europe like the danish Hot Dogs best.

As I was in New York, I was surprised that they had Hot Dogs with Sauerkraut.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
It´s funny, in the shop where I was working we had a Hot Dog stand for the customers. Just one Euro for a Hot Dog, that was a very good price.

OK, you can´t see the Hot Dogs, but this was the Hot Dog stand on my workplace.

picture.php

prune

Veteran
Well, if you're actually from NJ, then you should know there is only one to consider.

http://www.gallopinghotdogs.com/

The meat is prepared by a local butcher, old school spicy with a natural casing cooked on stainless steel rollers till crisp, served on an outstanding custom roll.
It wins all the awards and never ceases to amaze out-of-staters...

ElGato

Veteran
if you're in Newark NJ area then you gotta know Rutt's hut for the Rippers.

but the best were the Italian Dogs, cant remember where we got them, maybe Jimmy Buffs? damn they were killer though.

here in VA when I buy Dogs I used to get Kunzler but they are not the same as they used to be so now I buy Berks all beef, not sure if they are available up that way.

Nathans, Ballpark, Oscar Meyer all used to be decent back in the day (30+ yrs ago)-but now they all suck bad

X

xavier7995

I'm a fan of the rippers.

Only "place" that comes to mind was spikes in the Boston area. It was a chain, but man they sure were good and had some interesting combinations. I'm a big fan of both hot dogs and hamburgers as they are a good platform for a wide variety of flavors.

When I cook them its normally Nathan's. I take a paring knife and do a spiral cut around the dog, and then pan fry in olive oil and toast up the bun. Top with mustard, relish, onions....or anything other than ketchup. Spiral cut is great and makes lots of spots to crisp up.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, if you're actually from NJ, then you should know there is only one to consider.

https://www.gallopinghotdogs.com/

The meat is prepared by a local butcher, old school spicy with a natural casing cooked on stainless steel rollers till crisp, served on an outstanding custom roll.
It wins all the awards and never ceases to amaze out-of-staters...

Well actually I am but my preference were Italian Hotdogs from a place in Kenilworth that's long ago had it's legs broken and dumped in the meadowlands.......
My REAL preference was just a simple dirty dog in the city :groupwave:

sshz

I lived in NJ, owned 3 businesses in NJ, had a shore house on the beach in NJ, met my wife in NJ, had my children in NJ and the ONLY thing that's worth a crap in NJ is Bruce Springsteen.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I lived in NJ, owned 3 businesses in NJ, had a shore house on the beach in NJ, met my wife in NJ, had my children in NJ and the ONLY thing that's worth a crap in NJ is Bruce Springsteen.

Taylor Ham and Cheese Sandwiches ?

Tomato Pies?

Otherwise
confused-smiley-013.gif

It's a nice state depending on where but it's even better reading about then living there.

shithawk420

Veteran
Really? A whole thread about hotdogs and no one mentioned Chicago hotdogs? Sons I am dissapoint.but seriously Portillos used to be good but haven't been there in years.Nathans or Hebrew National if your gonna make your own is probably ok

Canna-bill

A popular American themed/style diner here has started sellinh Nathan's, I'll give em a try now I have read this thread!

prune

Veteran
Well actually I am but my preference were Italian Hotdogs from a place in Kenilworth that's long ago had it's legs broken and dumped in the meadowlands.......

Well, I guess I should have said "If you're a hot dog PURIST from Nj", cause Italian hot dogs are not hot dogs!

But I remember that place you mention, right where Centennial ave hit the Blvd. If you ate there, you had to have tried the GHI, it's just a mile up the road...

Latest posts

Latest posts